SAVI - Stanza V: Team S.E.A. - Project Codename TNMT

TheOriginalTiki

Perhaps an indoor family coaster using this ride system and extending the Dreamflight theme? This park has a metric ton of dark rides so I don't think adding yet another one would do much to make it destination worthy. A family coaster serving as a spiritual sequel to one of the most iconic attractions in the park could definitely drum up some hype.
1582000563291.png

Tux

Generally, what we have to do depends on how big we're aiming for here with our 250 million dollar budget. Are we talking Disneyland levels of popular? Universal levels of popular? Legoland levels of popular? Busch gardens levels of popular? We should probably split an appropriate amount of the budget to go to recognizing the park as a worthwhile vacation destination globally while what's left should be left to renovating the park to prepare for our new numbers and improving the quality of the park because once we get that draw in, we need to manage to maintain that by making sure we have quality things for guests to experience and keep them coming back.

After all, Disney was already a famous studio known for revolutionizing cinema before the parks finally opened, and even then they got free advertising from doing commissions for a bunch of stations on television who then would pay them back by funding Disney's theme park divisions and sending the word out.

Meanwhile, Universal functioned under a similar manner by also being a popular film studio, and then they created a studio tour which became popular because people liked their content. Plus it originally came with free food, which tends to stop people's critical thinking temporarily when you offer something like that and it's actually good, which allowed it to expand until it became something entirely new. Plus, it was already close to already successful parks and functioned for an alternative for those who simply weren't interested in Disney's content anymore.

That's what I mean by we need to create a draw to the parks first. We need to create something that theoretically would make people want to come here and check this place out while keeping their interest in tow.

Perhaps an indoor family coaster using this ride system and extending the Dreamflight theme? This park has a metric ton of dark rides so I don't think adding yet another one would do much to make it destination worthy. A family coaster serving as a spiritual sequel to one of the most iconic attractions in the park could definitely drum up some hype.
View attachment 449834
Sure thing! I think it would go perfectly with the Dreamflight, and could cause The Dreamflight attraction to develop into something more special in the park. Do you have any ideas for the potential spin off attraction? Should we add something special to it so it feels like something absolutely revolutionary not in technology but in storytelling wise for a theme park attraction?

orlando678-

Okay so generally I'd like to explain a bit of what the park is like. It is seperated into 5 themed areas which are kind of broad but still do the job:
Reizenrijk (literally: Travel Realm) is where Guests can find rides based on travel, its about the journey and not the location. Thats why we can find Carnaval Festival(the parks IASW) and Vogelrok(indoor dark coaster centered around Roc from Sinbad) here. One thing that kind of distorts the theme is Monsieur Cannibale(which has had its amount of controversy around it as well).

Marerijk( literally: Dream Realm) is based on stories of magic, fairy tales and often on moral as well. It's where the park's original Fairy Tale Forest can be found(which is incredible btw, and really its unique market point). Droomvlucht represents the general idea of dreaming and fantasy creatures like fairies, trolls, unicorns and fauns(it is sort of the inverted pirates of the caribbean of fantasy themes). Villa Volta is a madhouse attraction based on local legends of the Bokkenrijders(literally translated to Goat riders), which were a group of robbers said to have magical powers but are then cursed after stealing from a holy house. Besides it being very much aimed to the Dutch audience, its a very cool ride. Other things in the area are het Lavenlaar(which is like a small walkthrough village of a people called Laven. Here Guests can play and walk around or try the giant snail monorail system going through the area), Raveleijn( a big arena based stunt show with a story based on the books of Paul van Loon(a Dutch writer) in which 5 children find a gate in the woods which transports them to another world where they become knights with elemental powers) and the Anton Pieckplein(which is a square based around the style of the original designer of the park)

Ruigrijk(translates to Adventure Realm or Tough Realm) is where Guests can find the biggest thrill rides of the park. The stories represented here are about sages and heroes like The Flying Dutchman, Moby Dick and St. George and the Dragon. The few things I dislike here are the arcades, which really dont add anything to the area except for eye sore and a bit of interactivity. With a new facade or something, that would be fixed. Then there is D'oude Tuffers, the parks version of Autopia, which is a fun ride but doesnt have a story nor does it relate to the area its in. Lastly, Python. Although its an iconic coaster to the park,it really is just a basic and bland coaster without theming nor a story. This is something we can work on. Baron 1898 is probably the best themed ride when it comes to design and story. It centers around the Dutch mining culture and the legend of the White Women, female spirit-like creatures that sabotage people who act on their sins.

Anderrijk(literally translated to Other Realm) is where Guests travel to worlds different than their own. In contrast to travel realm,it is about the location instead of the journey. We have Piraña, a water rapids ride based on Mexican folklore of water spirits(with just a bit more theming, this could be a really fun ride), Fata Morgana, a dark boat ride based on the tales of 1001 Arabian Nights(the parks spiritual replacement for pirates of the caribbean) and the upcoming Max and Moritz coaster which transports Guests over to the Alps and its stories. Max and Moritz itself is about two boys causing trouble in their local German village. In the ride Guests will duel each other as one of the brothers and then pass by a few of their traps and tricks.

Lastly we have the Fantasy Realm,which is the center of the park and based on the parks mascot Pardoes( a court jester who is also a sorcerers apprentice). Symbolica is the highlight here, in which Guests tour the Palace of Fantasy on one of three tours,music, heroism and treasure tours. Besides this ride, there are two rides which are kind of in between Fantasy and Other realm. First of all Fabula is a 4d film experience in which the Sandman enchants a selfish bear and takes Guests and a friendly squirrel along into the manipulated dream world of the bear to change his morals. They will then travel to various natural habitats to show how hard life can be for another animal thats not on top of the food chain. Spookslot is a haunted walkthrough attraction based on a magical Duke who collects fairy tales,legends and stories but is then cursed by a witch who became jealous of his magic. After she is betrayed by the gardener and then burned at the stake, she curses the Duke to never find his last fairy tale, his daughter Esmeralda. The main show scene is basically a diorama portraying a almost Fantasia like segment driven by the music, loosely based around the story.

The parks strength lies in its attention to detail, the use of stories that are relevant to the European audience, being easily transported from one theme to another and the trick of making rides look like theyve been there for centuries. The park needs a bit more cohesiveness in its themes and to hide its backstage areas better and it could easily become a bigger and more known entertainment destination. The park already has a hotel, 2 vacation parks and a special care hotel for children with severe health situations or disabilities. Maybe a downtown disney type of area could help?

mickeyfan5534

Original Poster
Going off Orlando's presentation, my idea is some cohesive placemaking and theming around the park to make it a really lovely tribute to the fairytales and folklore of Europe (50 mil), a replacement for the arcades in Ruigrijk and retheme of Monsieur Cannibale (it's your standard teacup attraction in cauldrons) in Reizenrijk(5 mil?), and Tiki's idea for a Dreamflight coaster (50 mil?).

From there with the remaining 145 mil, I think REALLY leaning into the folklore and magic inherent to the park's history and ideas would be the key. If we can add one thing to each land, I think we'd be golden.

orlando678-

Im kind of hesitant about the Droomvlucht coaster, because I feel like its really a stand-alone thing right now and the park doesn't really dedicate multiple rides to the same story. I feel itd be kind of redundant to add it. Especially with Marerijk being sort of the kids/family area of the park, adding a thrill ride would also be kind of a clash in that area.

TheOriginalTiki

So perhaps we should lean into doing a family coaster with a unique theme not currently present in the parks but still taking on the fairy tale themes of the rest of the park. Something to do with dragons, perhaps?

I also like the idea of adding a Downtown Disney type area. What if we themed it to a traditional fairy tale village? I don't think something modern like CityWalk would work at all, but a small village type area with shopping, dining, and maybe some mini golf could be a good fit for the resort.

mickeyfan5534

Original Poster
A chunk of our money should definitely go towards fixing up the visible showbuildings and re-doing exteriors. Based on what Orlando is saying that does seem to be one of the main flaws of the park.
Agreed. I think if we figure out the budget for that and the shopping area (I'd guestimate 100-150mil), we can use those as the base and use the remaining amount to build out the park with a coaster or two and some flat/dark rides

TheOriginalTiki

@orlando678- how robust is the park's flat ride collection? I really want to try to stay away from traditional dark rides for this one since the park already has so many and they'd eat up a ton of the budget. I think the shopping village, the new exteriors, and one or two highly themed flat rides should be our goal.

orlando678-

@orlando678- how robust is the park's flat ride collection? I really want to try to stay away from traditional dark rides for this one since the park already has so many and they'd eat up a ton of the budget. I think the shopping village, the new exteriors, and one or two highly themed flat rides should be our goal.
Hmm the flat rides there have been placed as fill-ups except for Monsieur Cannibale, Polka Marina and the Stoomcarouselpaleis. These ones are more built-out. On the Anton Pieckplein Guests can find two other horse carousels, two flying carousel swings and one caterpillar ride similar to slinky dog zigzag spin but much simpler. Also for the coaster,maybe we could do something with werewolves, Baba Yaga(an Italian witch) or Walewein en het Schaakbord( a story about a knight and a flying chessboard), just to move away from dragons as theyre already promoting that with Joris en de Draak and Draak Lichtgeraakt

orlando678-

Also just throwing some ideas out here, but the park could use a log flume ride. Besides Piraña, the park doesnt really have water rides for the summers, though the Flying Dutchman tries to fill that up a bit. Maybe we could make it a year round log flume ride with its main scenes indoor and some extra outdoor sections that they could close off in colder seasons. Maybe something based on Reynaert the Fox, such a classic story here in the Netherlands.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom