SAVI - Stanza V: Team S.E.A. - Alton Towers

Evilgidgit

Hey y'all! Just wanted to let you know that presentation is going to be like a trip report. It is basically gonna be about us traveling as group to Europe and go see all the parks and what is new they have to offer. So when doing your writeups, make it like you were experiencing it and you were there looking at it.

This should be interesting. Could you provide an example of the writing style?

NateD1226

Original Poster
This should be interesting. Could you provide an example of the writing style?
Here is an example from last season. It will be similar to this type of style

Evilgidgit

Here is an example from last season. It will be similar to this type of style

Well, I did write the Traverse Town section for that park. One of my most favourite creations if you don't mind me tooting my horn a little. ^_^ Would this report include the entire team, or just those of us working on Alton Towers?

Brer Panther

Alright, here's two more ride descriptions...

---------

After Peter Rabbit's Carrot Caper (or whatever we're going to call that ride), the Beatrix Potter theming continued with a nearby attraction called Jeremy Fisher's Lilypad Splash. It was a lot of fun, very similar to Aquatopia at Tokyo DisneySea. You sit in a lilypad and maneuver around a large pond. In the center of the pond was an animatronic of Jeremy Fisher himself, fishing. There were also some animatronic fish scattered about the pond, poking their heads out of the water every so often. The giant reeds, cattails and water lilies (some of which doubled as fountains) surrounding the attraction really helped to sell the idea that we were the size of a frog. I was pretty worried that I might get wet, but I managed to get off the ride dry as a bone.
1582411268561.png

----------

Upon arriving at the entrance to Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, I immediately got flashbacks to that Journey to Narnia thing they had at Disney's Hollywood Studios. But this was much better. It wasn't a walk-through, it was a boat ride that took you through Narnia. There were really impressive animatronics of all the characters from the book... Aslan is my personal favorite, but Mr. Tummus and the White Witch looked great too! And the entire attraction had the air conditioning on really high, which combined with the snow effect (how DID they do that?) really immersed me in the story. For a few seconds, I forgot that this was just a theme park ride... I thought that I'd actually arrived in Narnia!

Evilgidgit

Alright, here's two more ride descriptions...

---------

After Peter Rabbit's Carrot Caper (or whatever we're going to call that ride), the Beatrix Potter theming continued with a nearby attraction called Jeremy Fisher's Lilypad Splash. It was a lot of fun, very similar to Aquatopia at Tokyo DisneySea. You sit in a lilypad and maneuver around a large pond. In the center of the pond was an animatronic of Jeremy Fisher himself, fishing. There were also some animatronic fish scattered about the pond, poking their heads out of the water every so often. The giant reeds, cattails and water lilies (some of which doubled as fountains) surrounding the attraction really helped to sell the idea that we were the size of a frog. I was pretty worried that I might get wet, but I managed to get off the ride dry as a bone.
----------

Upon arriving at the entrance to Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, I immediately got flashbacks to that Journey to Narnia thing they had at Disney's Hollywood Studios. But this was much better. It wasn't a walk-through, it was a boat ride that took you through Narnia. There were really impressive animatronics of all the characters from the book... Aslan is my personal favorite, but Mr. Tummus and the White Witch looked great too! And the entire attraction had the air conditioning on really high, which combined with the snow effect (how DID they do that?) really immersed me in the story. For a few seconds, I forgot that this was just a theme park ride... I thought that I'd actually arrived in Narnia!

Fantastic work!! Leave some for the rest of us XD Might I ask you just to add a little more description to the Narnia ride, maybe just a basic outline, which was what was included when we did a similar book report entry last year. It would be an abridged version of the book's story.

I'll probably tackle the rest of the Beatrix Potter area of the Fabled Forest land, unless @Brer Panther, you want to do some more. Writing up other descriptions for other attractions, shops, and dining would be good, or doing an overall impression of the lands, and additional refurbishments would be great too. I'll also do Sonic's Spin Dash!

@Brer Oswald, do you wish to do an outline for Chaos Control?

Last edited:

Brer Panther

Fantastic work!! Leave some for the rest of us XD Might I ask you just to add a little more description to the Narnia ride, maybe just a basic outline, which was what was included when we did a similar book report entry last year. It would be an abridged version of the book's story.

I'll probably tackle the rest of the Beatrix Potter area of the Fabled Forest land, unless @Brer Panther, you want to do some more. Writing up other descriptions for other attractions, shops, and dining would be good, or doing an overall impression of the lands, and additional refurbishments would be great too. I'll also do Sonic's Spin Dash!
Nah, you can tackle the rest of the Fabled Forest land if you want. And the reason why I didn't go into much detail on the Narnia ride is because I haven't actually read the books or seen any of the movies. I know about the characters, but that's about it.

Evilgidgit

I realised I may have to alter the plan a little. People wishing to go to Narnia will want to step through the wardrobe and out into snowy Narnia. So, the Narnia section will now be entirely indoors within a hidden show building. I don't know how much this will cost, but I feel the budget is big enough to do this. The exterior will be Professor Digory Kirke's house, where guests can find the wardrobe (bigger than it is in the books), allowing guests to step the snowy Narnia, complete with the iconic lamppost. Here, guests can board the boat river through the first book, and visit Mr. Tumnus' house, which doubles as both a shop and restaurant!

But, how do I get them back out the building? Unless there's an "exit wardrobe"?

We still have yet to do a budget outline though!

NateD1226

Original Poster
Hey everyone! How is everything coming along? I just want to let y’all know that it would be nice to have the writeups done by tmrw or night or wednesday afternoon so we can get the presentation done. I can always help if you need it

Evilgidgit

Hey everyone! How is everything coming along? I just want to let y’all know that it would be nice to have the writeups done by tmrw or night or wednesday afternoon so we can get the presentation done. I can always help if you need it

I've been writing out the WHOLE writeup over the weekend, and only about a quarter of the way through. I'll likely only devote long sections to the new additions, and brief coverage of the established land at the park. Also need @Brer Oswald to write up his Chaos Control ride outline. I hope this will be done by Wednesday.

spacemt354

Chili's
I've been writing out the WHOLE writeup over the weekend, and only about a quarter of the way through. I'll likely only devote long sections to the new additions, and brief coverage of the established land at the park. Also need @Brer Oswald to write up his Chaos Control ride outline. I hope this will be done by Wednesday.
Don't overdo yourself -- I'd focus on the overall picture more than having to add a bunch of details for this particular project

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
The Villains of L.A.N.D. would like to commend these heroes on their big ideas!

giphy.gif

(Hopefully they will get lost in the small details rather than focusing on the big picture so that way we can win!)

Evilgidgit

The Villains of L.A.N.D. would like to commend these heroes on their big ideas!

giphy.gif

(Hopefully they will get lost in the small details rather than focusing on the big picture so that way we can win!)

Nonsense. What utter tripe. You three fools couldn't win the Cooper's Hill Cheese Chase blindfolded, gagged, and using rocket-powered rollerskates! Team S.E.A. is gonna kick your behinds so hard, you'll need to sit in freezing snow just to feel anything. We're going to crush you, stomp your worthless hides into dust so microscopic, it'll be lost on the work walls of Epcot. Then, for good measure we'll blow up the walls. You'll never be able to recover from your crushing loss, you'll face despair like no other that will fester and consume you in an endless loop, to which only a black hole will be able to swallow your misery. You'll beg and scream for mercy, but it will never be granted to you. Decades from now, people will point you out in the streets and say "Look, there is Team L.A.N.D., the losers of Stanza V!" Millions upon millions of years from now, when all of this is just a memory, people will still remember your name, not understanding what it means or why it matters, but they know it will mean one thing -- failure.

Brer Oswald

I can by Wednesday. Have a midterm today, focused on that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom