Saved by the Bell (2020)

Quinnmac000

Original Poster
Based on the beloved original Disney Channel Classic, "Good Morning, Miss Bliss" back in 1988...Saved by the Bell has touched many people growing up during the late 80s and 90s as we explored Jessie's caffeine pill addiction, dealed with Zach Morris's schemes, saw the first hand damage of credit card debt by Lisa, and many more.

Now its back on Peacock, a sequel which critics are raving and some are saying the best reboot of a sitcom so far.

All of which is to say this class of “Saved By The Bell” is a pleasant surprise. Showrunner Tracey Wigfield’s experience with skewering meta commentary on series like “30 Rock” and “Great News” comes into play here. She and her team of writers masterfully weave all the best parts of the original into this new iteration, while calling out the ways in which the first show’s foundation was cracked.
We've seen many sitcom reboots in recent years and, while it's always fun to watch our old TV favorites again, most shows can't seem to grow past the nostalgia to give us anything new. While nostalgia is a key ingredient to reboots, it's not something that can sustain a series on its own; you need a blend of new and old, character growth, and an awareness that things are different now than they were 30 years ago. We are so pleased to report that Peacock’s Saved by the Bell reboot might be the best attempt at reviving a sitcom we've seen.
If you’re a TV viewer of a certain vintage (like me), Saved by the Bell imprinted on you at an early age, whether you liked it or not. (In our defense, there wasn’t much TV to choose from back then.) Yes, the cheesy ’90s high school antics of Zack, Kelly, Slater, et al do have a certain nostalgic allure… but they were never “good,” really. So it’s a nice surprise that the Saved by the Bell revival — debuting Wednesday, Nov. 25 on Peacock; I’ve seen three episodes — is actually, surprisingly good: a cleverly constructed, highly tongue-in-cheek reinvention that pokes plenty of fun at its inspiration while finding genuine laughs of its own.

Written by the head writer for 30 Rock and Great News, jokes are thrown so fast thats its easy for one to miss.

Lilofan

Based on the beloved original Disney Channel Classic, "Good Morning, Miss Bliss" back in 1988...Saved by the Bell has touched many people growing up during the late 80s and 90s as we explored Jessie's caffeine pill addiction, dealed with Zach Morris's schemes, saw the first hand damage of credit card debt by Lisa, and many more.

Now its back on Peacock, a sequel which critics are raving and some are saying the best reboot of a sitcom so far.

Written by the head writer for 30 Rock and Great News, jokes are thrown so fast thats its easy for one to miss.
Slater has not aged in all these years.

Quinnmac000

Original Poster

BuT wHy WoNt ThE mEdIa CoVeR tHe TrUtH

Wrong thread but it’s alright you are saved by the bell

Sctble

Deleted. Wasn’t paying attention and this site doesn’t work wonderfully on mobile.
Tony Perkis Morris, what have I told you about posting off topic material in the school? This time it's a warning. Next time it's detention.
1102021a.jpg

Sctble

Not a good week for Screech.
The news keeps getting worse for Dustin (Screech). I know he hasn't exactly been Mr. Squeaky Clean since his Saved By The Bell days, and has had some legal mishaps, but I wouldn't wish this on the fellow.

JPPT1974

Really loved the show as a kid the original show. But hate it for him he got cancer. As despite his legal problems and his being a total jerk. But you would never wished this on an enemy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom