Save Up to 40% on Select Disney Vacation Club Resort Stays

disneyworlddad

Original Poster
I wanted to give people the heads up that DVC emailed me an offer this morning. You can get a 3 or 5 night stay at Copper Creek (1 bedroom villa), Animal Kingdom Kidani Village (1 bedroom villa), or Sarasota Springs (2 bedroom villa) for $1300 or $2100. Must stay before May 24th. You of course have to sit through a DVC timeshare presentation. Is that really 40% off? That is still $420 a night and it says taxes aren't included. I dont usually look in to DVC prices. I guess my original thought was to let people know that if they inquire about DVC they might get offers like this.

Rob562

Sounds about right for 40% off Disney's cash rate for those accommodations, which is significantly higher than the cost to rent DVC points from a member.

-Rob

Herdman

Yes to Rob's point. We rented points for an upcoming 8 night stay in a savanna view studio room at Jambo House in mid May for $2,400.

Weather_Lady

Yes to Rob's point. We rented points for an upcoming 8 night stay in a savanna view studio room at Jambo House in mid May for $2,400.

Agreed... the DVC offer you describe is 40% off of rack rate, but renting is still a better deal (at least it is if, like me, you'd rather stay in a studio at a more desirable resort than a 1-BR at Kidani or Saratoga Springs, and would rather dive into a swimming pool filled with hungry leeches than sit through a timeshare presentation). For our upcoming split stay in May on rented points (via David's Vacation Rentals, so we paid more than if we rented directly from a member) we're paying $272/night for a Beach Club studio (51% off of rack rate w/tax), and $408/night for a Poly studio (37% off of rack rate w/tax).

Last edited:

slappy magoo

Agreed... the DVC offer you describe is 40% off of rack rate, but renting is still a better deal (at least it is if, like me, you'd rather stay in a studio at a more desirable resort than a 1-BR at Kidani or Saratoga Springs, and would rather dive into a swimming pool filled with hungry leeches than sit through a timeshare presentation). For our upcoming split stay in May on rented points (via David's Vacation Rentals, so we paid more than if we rented directly from a member) we're paying $272/night for a Beach Club studio (51% off of rack rate w/tax), and $408/night for a Poly studio (37% off of rack rate w/tax).
Just two things
1: when it comes to renting points, studios are always a better comparative value than 1BR units. 1BR units are often close to twice the point value of a studio, but when it comes to trying to book the room using "cash" direct from Disney or a travel agent, the 1BR units are never near twice the price of a studio.
2: I don't know if you've even "endured" a DVC timeshare presentation but I found it the most low-to-no pressure sales pitch I ever went through. Our sales rep was basically of the opinion "I know this is going to sell eventually, I'll answer your questions, but if you don't want to buy, I'm not going to make it awkward, you are on vacation after all." The main reason we went on the tour was because we were there on a Spring/Easter break, it was an hour wait to get to the burger condiments let alone any rides. They offered us 3 Fastpasses for what I think was a 90 minute presentation, which probably saved us at least 5 hours of waiting for the attractions we wound up going to. We did it right in the afternoon when the sun was at its hottest, and we liked it so much we decided to go for it AFTER we got home. All pretty easy breezy.

Weather_Lady

Just two things
1: when it comes to renting points, studios are always a better comparative value than 1BR units. 1BR units are often close to twice the point value of a studio, but when it comes to trying to book the room using "cash" direct from Disney or a travel agent, the 1BR units are never near twice the price of a studio.
2: I don't know if you've even "endured" a DVC timeshare presentation but I found it the most low-to-no pressure sales pitch I ever went through. Our sales rep was basically of the opinion "I know this is going to sell eventually, I'll answer your questions, but if you don't want to buy, I'm not going to make it awkward, you are on vacation after all." The main reason we went on the tour was because we were there on a Spring/Easter break, it was an hour wait to get to the burger condiments let alone any rides. They offered us 3 Fastpasses for what I think was a 90 minute presentation, which probably saved us at least 5 hours of waiting for the attractions we wound up going to. We did it right in the afternoon when the sun was at its hottest, and we liked it so much we decided to go for it AFTER we got home. All pretty easy breezy.

Your points are well taken. I realize that the 1BR units "cost" twice as much in terms of DVC points (although the "percent off of rack rate" between the OP's offer and my rentals is similar), which increases the value of the offer to the OP. Also, I have endured a timeshare presentation (not for DVC), and my reluctance primarily stems from not wanting to spend a single precious minute of vacation time "trapped" in a room listening to a spiel -- I'm sure it's not all that unpleasant, and if one is even remotely considering DVC, not a bad time investment.

slappy magoo

Your points are well taken. I realize that the 1BR units "cost" twice as much in terms of DVC points (although the "percent off of rack rate" between the OP's offer and my rentals is similar), which increases the value of the offer to the OP.
I had been looking at David's to extend an existing reservation, we're out of DVC points and I was thinking a few extra nights in a different resort might be fun. I didn't mind going into a studio for a few days. I was even looking at moderates, because I was also trying to keep costs down. But my wife really wanted a 1BR (for the extra space AND the washer/dryer in the room) and she preferred Bay Lake or Kidani Village (for the extra bathroom). The difference in price between a standard view at Kidani via David's vs booking the room for "cash" at DVC with a member's discount was less than $200, and of course you can't just put one night's deposit down at David's (I know other serves allow that as an option, but the price difference was even narrower than David's), and you still have to buy insurance because you can't just cancel your trip with David's and get a refund, the way you can within a few days through DVC if you're paying for the room.

Also, I have endured a timeshare presentation (not for DVC), and my reluctance primarily stems from not wanting to spend a single precious minute of vacation time "trapped" in a room listening to a spiel -- I'm sure it's not all that unpleasant, and if one is even remotely considering DVC, not a bad time investment.

Off topic but I remember a time with my exwife, when her family invited us to a weekend trip in upstate New York. It was a point iny my life when I was routinely working 60 hour weeks, so as I'm driving bleary-eyed to this resort and my ex tells me what her parents paid for the room, I just said "It's a timeshare presentation, I am NOT sitting through a timeshare presentation." She insisted it wasn't...she called her parents on the road...THEY insisted it wasn't a timeshare presentation...and at the risk of sounding horrible, they weren't much in the way of readers (not dumb, they were Russian immigrants, they learned fluent English and believe me *I* never learned fluent Russian, just not all that literate when it came to print). I told them to contact the agent who booked them the giant 3 bedroom villa with 2 bathrooms and a full working kitchen for $99. And of course it was a timeshare presentation and they were expecting all adults to sit in on a 3 hour presentation. I made it very clear this was one adult who wasn't going to be there, OR I COULD go but I'd guarantee my behavior, questions and mood would ensure no sales would be made that day from anyone else at that presentation. They let me slide.

But honestly, the DVC presentation could not have been more pleasant, especially for people who like to "resort hop" anyway. Far shorter than you'd think, and at no point do they put you in a windowless room with a "more seasoned" agent who works you over with a "what'll it take to make you a member TODAY, HUH!" pitch. They told us what we needed to know, answered our questions, gave us some paperwork to review when we got home, a free sundae and our fastpasses, and we were free to go. They even offered to pick us up at our hotel but it wasn't necessary, we were staying at Riverside and going to Saratoga so we took a boat. But they then drove us to the park we wanted to go, with no last minute sales frenzy in the car, just asking us how we liked our trip so far, how long we were together, the stuff that subliminally makes you feel at east and at home, which is what they want and what a high-energy sales pitch would not have provided.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom