Save the Adventurers Club

Bocabear

That's actually a great observation.... but I think The Mouse already has plans for that space. If anything, I could see Jelly Rolls becoming the new mini-AC.
I would rather see them open the Adventurer's Club in the ESPN space and more that to Disney Springs near the new NBA Experience...
It makes absolutely no sense at the Boardwalk...and really only popular because there is no other moderately priced family restaurant there... Do the Adventurer's club as a full restaurant with an expanded lounge ..

TrainsOfDisney

It sure seems odd that Disney hasn’t figured out anything to do with the adventurers club brand, other than selling some t-shirts and phone cases. A small-scale, simplified show would be an easy fit for Adventureland. Or a themed-dinner Show like hoop-dee-doo.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
It sure seems odd that Disney hasn’t figured out anything to do with the adventurers club brand, other than selling some t-shirts and phone cases. A small-scale, simplified show would be an easy fit for Adventureland. Or a themed-dinner Show like hoop-dee-doo.
They could even stick it on Hollywood Blvd in DHS... it would fit the 1937 vibe...

TrainsOfDisney

They could even stick it on Hollywood Blvd in DHS... it would fit the 1937 vibe...

They already have... it’s called the Citizens of Hollywood. Some of the same actors ha. But see them while you can, they are cut down to about 3 actors per day now it looks like :-( (Used to be like 8 per day I think?).

Why they haven’t given the citizens there own small theatre (“radio show”) I don’t know. Would work great in the old sounds dangerous theatre, or other available flex spaces.

I’ve also thought Adventurers Club would be a great evening option for the flights of wonder theatre in Animal Kingdom (again a few formers AC cast memebers have performed there as Gwana Joe / Jane).

TrainsOfDisney

It seems like something that would draw a crowd, even if held on an occasional basis. There was rumor of the Dance Hall hosting different shows a while back, it'd be nice to see it continue even if the full club experience is not to be.

I mean... someone could rent the dance hall and hire them correct? What’s stopping someone from doing that? Let’s go! Ha.

Goofyernmost

Why is Disney management so thick? Open the damn club up!
Partially because you can't open up a club that no longer exists. It was leveled years ago. Their not as thick as you would like to believe. They didn't want it back, it wasn't paying for itself and it was very heavy into actor type people. They are expensive. People would go in there for hours, perhaps nursing one drink the whole time and just using it like they bought tickets to a theater. If Disney couldn't make a fortune selling booze then it is because the area wasn't all that popular to begin with. Those that were loyal to it, are very vocal about it, but as entertaining as it was, it was just a show and the "fans" weren't able to support it or the area it was in.

TrainsOfDisney

Partially because you can't open up a club that no longer exists. It was leveled years ago. Their not as thick as you would like to believe. They didn't want it back, it wasn't paying for itself and it was very heavy into actor type people. They are expensive. People would go in there for hours, perhaps nursing one drink the whole time and just using it like they bought tickets to a theater. If Disney couldn't make a fortune selling booze then it is because the area wasn't all that popular to begin with. Those that were loyal to it, are very vocal about it, but as entertaining as it was, it was just a show and the "fans" weren't able to support it or the area it was in.

It’s wayyyyy more complicated than that. But you know that right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom