Sauce to go with ohana bread pudding

ELG13

Original Poster
I'm probably gonna post a lot so....sorry!!! The sauce with the ohana bread pudding is a little too fancy for me ...no flambe here. So what's another good sauce to pair with it? Preferably something without alcohol just because I'm pregnant and I don't want to buy a bottle of liquor that's gonna sit and may not get used aside from the sauce.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
From Land-o-Lakes' website:

Sauce
1/2 cup Land O Lakes® Butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup Land O Lakes® Heavy Whipping Cream
1 tablespoon vanilla

Meanwhile, combine all sauce ingredients except vanilla in 1-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5-8 minutes or until mixture thickens and comes to a full boil. Stir in 1 tablespoon vanilla carefully.

ELG13

Original Poster
From Land-o-Lakes' website:

Sauce
1/2 cup Land O Lakes® Butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup Land O Lakes® Heavy Whipping Cream
1 tablespoon vanilla

Meanwhile, combine all sauce ingredients except vanilla in 1-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5-8 minutes or until mixture thickens and comes to a full boil. Stir in 1 tablespoon vanilla carefully.
Thanks for indulging me yet again!!

HouCuseChickie

You can also buy rum extract if you want the flavor without buying a full bottle of rum. It's usually not something you'd find in local stores, so you'd have to order online. My local liquor store often sells the mini bottles of rum if you don't want a big one sitting around if you wanted to go the actual rum route. I'm not a huge fan of imitation rum flavoring, but that usually is readily available in stores and you won't be dealing with a huge bottle.

Disneyhead'71

I'm probably gonna post a lot so....sorry!!! The sauce with the ohana bread pudding is a little too fancy for me ...no flambe here. So what's another good sauce to pair with it? Preferably something without alcohol just because I'm pregnant and I don't want to buy a bottle of liquor that's gonna sit and may not get used aside from the sauce.
You can also buy rum extract if you want the flavor without buying a full bottle of rum. It's usually not something you'd find in local stores, so you'd have to order online. My local liquor store often sells the mini bottles of rum if you don't want a big one sitting around if you wanted to go the actual rum route. I'm not a huge fan of imitation rum flavoring, but that usually is readily available in stores and you won't be dealing with a huge bottle.
You can also use Butter Rum extract instead of the vanilla in the Land O' Lake recipe above. But I would start with a teaspoon instead of a tablespoon. You can always add more if it not enough. Almost all grocery store have it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom