Saturday, Sept 8- closing at 6pm???

havagnano

Original Poster
Does anyone have any info why Magic Kingdom would close at 6pm on a Saturday Sept 8? I am hoping for some Not So Scary Halloween news, but that party is not usually held on Saturday. I just made cinderella dining reservations, but might have to change the date if it is really closing at 6pm,,, we really love the fireworks show.

nickys

Premium Member
Does anyone have any info why Magic Kingdom would close at 6pm on a Saturday Sept 8? I am hoping for some Not So Scary Halloween news, but that party is not usually held on Saturday. I just made cinderella dining reservations, but might have to change the date if it is really closing at 6pm,,, we really love the fireworks show.

I've seen rumours that it's Night of Joy, both Friday and Saturday.
There again, I also read that NoJ was cancelled!

That would be a party on Tues, Thurs. NoJ on Fri, Sat. Party on Sun. That's going to go down well eh? ;)

JohnD

I've seen rumours that it's Night of Joy, both Friday and Saturday.
There again, I also read that NoJ was cancelled!

That would be a party on Tues, Thurs. NoJ on Fri, Sat. Party on Sun. That's going to go down well eh? ;)

Except NoJ is no longer held in MK. It's a ESPN WWOS and as a concert goer you get a "free" day in one of the parks. Cast Appreciation Event does sound like a good guess.

nickys

Premium Member
Except NoJ is no longer held in MK. It's a ESPN WWOS and as a concert goer you get a "free" day in one of the parks. Cast Appreciation Event does sound like a good guess.

Well it has been at WWOS. Like I say, I heard that it might be moving this year....

JohnD

Well it has been at WWOS. Like I say, I heard that it might be moving this year....

If so, my guess is the draw of NoJ was the concert in MK with select attractions open. Pretty much a Mickey's Christian Party. I wouldn't be surprised if attendance was down since it moved to WWOS.

Kamikaze

Just out of curiosity, if they are going to have a Night Of Joy for Christians, shouldn't they have a Night of All Dressed Up with No Place To Go for Atheists? ;):angelic:

Wouldn't it just be the Yule? You know, the thing that was conscripted for Christmas? I know thats pagan and not atheist, but eh, close enough.

WhatJaneSays

IAAPA and the service celebration are in November. That is around when NoJ typically is, but isn't there an annual event around then for travel agencies?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom