Saturday or Sunday arrival???

JusticeDisney

We are considering a Saturday to Friday trip or a Sunday to Saturday trip. I’m wondering if getting there on a Saturday over a Sunday is a major advantage as far as getting ADRS for the coming week, as well as having the best chance to have specific room requests honored? In other words, do you think most people planning a week’s visit arrive on a Saturday vs a Sunday? While it is obviously only a one day difference, I’m wondering whether that one day could make a meaningful difference in getting desired dining reservations and room locations. Or, on the other hand, am I totally overthinking this?

Any thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated!

skypilot2922

Lots of people leave Sunday so arriving Sunday if you have a special request for a room you are more likely to get it, Week of ADR's are tough so no advantage there, For the record my personal preference is to arrive on a Sunday.

Upvote 0

CinderAbby

In the past I've arrived on a Sunday. This year I'm arriving on a Saturday. I can't speak for room requests but I noticed no difference in being able to get ADR's going in one day earlier. As for overthinking stuff, I do the same exact thing.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Honestly I don't think there's any "magic" day of the week.
Of course sometimes it depends on your exact dates.
Like if you're going around Thanksgiving the majority of people are leaving on that Sunday after Thanksgiving so Sunday would be a good day to arrive.
But in general... Say the 3rd Saturday vs Sunday in September is really not going to be more or less crowded with people checking out or checking in.
At this point I've probably arrived and left on every day of the week and I haven't seen where it made a difference in making dining reservations.
Personally I prefer to base which day of the week based on airline prices.
From what I've experienced heading to Orlando on a Sunday-Thursday has a much lower cost than Friday and Saturday.
And heading home Monday-Saturday has a much lower cost than Sunday.
For my two trips this year I'm arriving on a Wednesday and leaving on Monday and arriving on Thursday leaving on Monday.
I specifically decided to leave on Monday both time as the airline prices were much much lower than had I gone Tuesday to Sunday and Wednesday to Sunday.
So for the days of the week that you're debating I'd probably go with Sunday arrival Saturday departure.

Upvote 0

Disstevefan1

We are considering a Saturday to Friday trip or a Sunday to Saturday trip. I’m wondering if getting there on a Saturday over a Sunday is a major advantage as far as getting ADRS for the coming week, as well as having the best chance to have specific room requests honored? In other words, do you think most people planning a week’s visit arrive on a Saturday vs a Sunday? While it is obviously only a one day difference, I’m wondering whether that one day could make a meaningful difference in getting desired dining reservations and room locations. Or, on the other hand, am I totally overthinking this?

Any thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated!
I vote for Sunday to Saturday. My thinking is weekends are more crowded at the parks and resorts, and since your arrival and departure days are mostly about that, it’s better to use the weekend days for arrival and departure.

Upvote 0

ELG13

I vote for Sunday to Saturday. My thinking is weekends are more crowded at the parks and resorts, and since your arrival and departure days are mostly about that, it’s better to use the weekend days for arrival and departure.
That's how we are. We actually have the weekday annual passes because of that. We like to get settled on Sunday and hit parks during the week, Saturday we usually have the kids at the pool and just hang at the resort while we pack up, last night dinner and then we are ready to roll Sunday.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom