Saratoga Springs Tree Houses

HookEmHorns

I am going to Disney in June with my family and we are staying at a Tree House Villa at Saratoga Springs.
Does anyone have any experience at this specific villa? I've stayed at Saratoga Springs before and at the cabins at Fort Wilderness and I kind of expect a mixture between the two. Are there any issues with staying in this area besides the bus issue?
:shrug:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The only logistical one I know of would be parking as each treehouse only has 1 space. Other than that the pool there is rater plain but that is about it. The treehouses themselves are among the best accommodations on Disney property.

Upvote 0

Worldlover71

A while back I went over to check out the Treehouses, which I had never seen before. On the bus was a father and young son who were staying there. I asked them about their stay. The father said they were very nice but that transportation was such a pain (you take a bus to the main Saratoga Spring stop and then transfer to park-bound busses) that he wouldn't stay there again. As he said this, I saw that the son was smiling. I asked him what he thought. He said the treehouses were so cool nothing else mattered. Different perspectives.

Upvote 0

mp2bill

A while back I went over to check out the Treehouses, which I had never seen before. On the bus was a father and young son who were staying there. I asked them about their stay. The father said they were very nice but that transportation was such a pain (you take a bus to the main Saratoga Spring stop and then transfer to park-bound busses) that he wouldn't stay there again. As he said this, I saw that the son was smiling. I asked him what he thought. He said the treehouses were so cool nothing else mattered. Different perspectives.[/QUOTE]

Different perpectives, indeed.

Upvote 0

lovedonald

i have stayed at the trr houses

yes there is not a big pool at the tree houses. you still have full access to saratoga springs. if you dont mind walking you can walk there and pick up the buses at the main resort. you can also take a boat to downtown disney which gives you access by bus to the rest of the resorts. The treehouses are very nice everyone can fine privacy considering you have three seperate bedrooms. for the most part it is fairly quiet except for the boat horns every once and a while. if you want to dine out you must goto the main area of saratoga springs, some other resort or downtown. there is no restaurant in the tree house area. This may sound obvious but just in case you didn't know i figured i would add it.

Upvote 0

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
We have stayed in the treehouses twice already, and love them! They are so quiet and peaceful. Plenty of room for the 6 of us to stretch out in the 3 bedrooms. We enjoyed the quiet pool every day of our trips. Never crowded. Our only minor complaint might be that it would be nice if Disney opened a pool bar there during the day. The building looks like it was built to handle it, and it would be great to get a refreshing beverage while relaxing by the pool. As far as the main pool goes, our kids are older, and they visited the main pool once, and said that it was way to crowded and noisy for them.

I can see how some people think that the buses could be a problem, but both times we went we had a car. We simply drove over to the Grandstand in the morning, and caught the park buses from there. But even if we didn't have a car we figure that we are on vacation, and so what if we spend time on a bus?!?! It's the perfect time to talk with the other vacationers about their Disney experiences. Meet new people and relax and let Disney do the driving. If you drive to the parks, you end up farther away, and unless you go early, you're taking a tram, boat, or monorail to get to the front entrance anyway. Then you have to worry about driving back to the resort. No thanks. I drive all the time when I'm at home, and I love the fact that I don't have to do it when I'm on vacation. I can really relax. We stayed in Fort Wilderness in one of the cabins several years ago, and even though we had a car, we used Disney transportation exclusively.

We have been DVC members for several years, and once we joined, our vacation habits changed greatly. We no longer feel like we have to "commando" the parks to get every attraction in during a visit. If we don't get to do an attraction, we know we'll be back soon, and so we don't sweat it. I realize that most people can't go 2 or 3 times a year like we do, but even if you can only go once every few years, it simply isn't worth the headache to try to do everything. There is no way to do it all in one vacation.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom