saratoga springs reviews?

patch553

Original Poster
we are currently deciding wether to stay at Saratoga or Coronado? we stayed at Coronado 6 years ago but are thinking of renting points at Saratoga so just wondered if anyone has stayed there recently and if you have any reviews of the place , thanks in advance

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Saratoga hands down! Would stay at SSR over Coronado any day!! Plus SSR is a deluxe resort and Coronado is only a moderate. We have stayed at SSR and really enjoyed it even before we joined DVC. Try the Turf Club TS restaurant too if you stay there or not. It's a delicious hidden gem. :)

mouse_luv

SSR all the way! Love it there, and it's right across a footbridge to Disney Springs!
Our view last time we stayed at SSR (in a studio)
fchedit_zpstk0ujutk.jpg

anchorman314

I agree with the last two opinions about SSR. Though I've never stayed at Coronado, it has never appealed to me. My extended family is a DVC member, with OKW being their home resort, so we've stayed there several times. SSR never really had a draw over OKW for us, but we ended up staying at SSR last year due to availability. We ended up loving it. We stayed in the Congress Park section, which is the section closest to Disney Springs. It was a decent length walk to the main building, but nothing too burdensome. The grounds are beautiful. And even though the CS restaurant (Artists' Palette) was "just" a typical Disney CS, it was still pretty good. Lots of variety. (The Cheeseburger Flatbread was delicious.) We did have a rental car, but we still took the bus to MK, and never had any bad experiences with it. The 2BR villa was very spacious. And even picturing the second bedroom as a stand-alone studio, it felt like there was plenty of space. Enjoy your trip!

FrostyNaples

we are currently deciding wether to stay at Saratoga or Coronado? we stayed at Coronado 6 years ago but are thinking of renting points at Saratoga so just wondered if anyone has stayed there recently and if you have any reviews of the place , thanks in advance

Rent the points, experience SSR :D Excellent resort.

If you like to walk, the Congress Park subdivision should be requested. Your 10 min from Disney Springs, nice path.

You could also take the boat in, just for the novelty, since waiting for the boat takes longer than walking there.

EOD K9

I'm a DVC Member and SSR is my home resort. As much as I love trying other ones, SSR is very charming and quiet. You can also request The Springs area and be close to the main pool and restaurant. Or, as others have said, Congress Park. I'd never turn down a stay there, unless it was maybe the Poly.

Demeter Tess

I'm going to be the odd man out and say Coronado Springs. We stayed at Saratoga on our honeymoon and were very disappointed. Our room was dark and dank (though admittedly it may have been better lit if we had been on the 2nd or 3rd floor) and bus service was EXCRUCIATING. I've never waited so long for so many busses. At one point we were trying to get to Epcot, but after waiting 40+ minutes (and getting swamped by the gazillion other people who were piling up inside the bus stop), we finally hopped a bus to Hollywood Studios. Figured we could walk to Epcot faster than they'd send a bus! In general we were bummed that we didn't like Saratoga better. We'd walked the grounds several times and always commented on how beautifully landscaped and quiet the place was, but our stay was just awful. Coronado Springs, on the other hand, has never let me down. Great resort, great price-point (strongly feel it's more of a deluxe than a moderate), and never had an issue with transportation. But hey, if you've already stayed there, then maybe you'd enjoy giving Saratoga a chance!

jlsHouston

I've stayed at CSR twice and SSR maybe 5 times. I like CSR but SSR is actually a fave resort of mine now. Love the pool, love the dining options, love the boat ride to the Springs, love the grounds. I find it a slower paced deluxe resort than the monorail and EPCOT resorts. Never have waited long for a bus, but I agree the stops take some time

mouse_luv

I'm going to be the odd man out and say Coronado Springs. We stayed at Saratoga on our honeymoon and were very disappointed. Our room was dark and dank (though admittedly it may have been better lit if we had been on the 2nd or 3rd floor) and bus service was EXCRUCIATING. I've never waited so long for so many busses. At one point we were trying to get to Epcot, but after waiting 40+ minutes (and getting swamped by the gazillion other people who were piling up inside the bus stop), we finally hopped a bus to Hollywood Studios. Figured we could walk to Epcot faster than they'd send a bus! In general we were bummed that we didn't like Saratoga better. We'd walked the grounds several times and always commented on how beautifully landscaped and quiet the place was, but our stay was just awful. Coronado Springs, on the other hand, has never let me down. Great resort, great price-point (strongly feel it's more of a deluxe than a moderate), and never had an issue with transportation. But hey, if you've already stayed there, then maybe you'd enjoy giving Saratoga a chance!

You went in mid-June which is busy time. I am not surprised that it was full and crazy and waits were long, it's just the luck of the draw with that one.

Jon81uk

We stayed at SSR in Sept 2010 and I didn't like the resort that much, it just felt too quiet, there was no life to it at all. Almost every time we caught a bus we were the only guests at the stop.
We were in Congress Park in a ground floor room close to the quiet pool. I agree with someone else that it felt dark, a room higher up may have been better. The walk to DTD Marketplace was the best feature of SSR though, from our room we could be at Rainforest Cafe in around 10-15 minutes, I imagine its even quicker now with the extra bridge.
It wasn't too far to the main building for Artists Palette either, but it didn't feel like a nice walk, there was a lot of warehouse style buildings (I think old theatres and similar from when it was Disney Institute) and it just felt like a hot walk along a sidewalk.
Bus service was fine, I don't recall any stupid waits.

In general though, I would rather stay at one of the Port Orleans resorts, they had a nicer atmosphere, more greenery and although the walks around the resort were probably the same length they felt nicer as there was more shade and more people adding to the atmosphere.
However the special offers for UK guests at the time made SSR cheaper than POR once the free dining plan was taken into account and I would only stay again if that was the case again, if I can get POR cheaper (incl dining offer) then that would be my first choice.

and sorry I know you asked about Coronado but I've never stayed, it looks just as bad for being spread out and hot to me!

epcotisbest

Does anyone have problems with sightlines in any areas of SSR, e.g., views of Hotel Plaza Boulevard taking them out of the theming?
Not sure what you are referring to here. SSR does not border Hotel Plaza Blvd. at all. Perhaps you are referring to the tops of some hotels in the distance? If that is the case, a San Francisco based chocolate company and all the other stuff just across the lake, right there in plain view, must really ruin the upstate NY theme for you.

Last edited:

epcotisbest

We stayed at SSR in Sept 2010 and I didn't like the resort that much, it just felt too quiet, there was no life to it at all. Almost every time we caught a bus we were the only guests at the stop.
We were in Congress Park in a ground floor room close to the quiet pool. I agree with someone else that it felt dark, a room higher up may have been better. The walk to DTD Marketplace was the best feature of SSR though, from our room we could be at Rainforest Cafe in around 10-15 minutes, I imagine its even quicker now with the extra bridge.
It wasn't too far to the main building for Artists Palette either, but it didn't feel like a nice walk, there was a lot of warehouse style buildings (I think old theatres and similar from when it was Disney Institute) and it just felt like a hot walk along a sidewalk.
Bus service was fine, I don't recall any stupid waits.

In general though, I would rather stay at one of the Port Orleans resorts, they had a nicer atmosphere, more greenery and although the walks around the resort were probably the same length they felt nicer as there was more shade and more people adding to the atmosphere.
However the special offers for UK guests at the time made SSR cheaper than POR once the free dining plan was taken into account and I would only stay again if that was the case again, if I can get POR cheaper (incl dining offer) then that would be my first choice.

and sorry I know you asked about Coronado but I've never stayed, it looks just as bad for being spread out and hot to me!
Too quiet, no crowds at the bus stop, hot in September, buildings...that must have been awful. As for the dark room, our was bright and pleasant.
We found it to be wonderful and will be returning.
Luckily, now that you know it is not for you, there are many other choices that you can make that will be better. We have been there several times and will be back again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom