Saratoga Springs Quiet Pool Gets a Make Over!!

devoy1701

Oh what a sad day if we eventually lose all of our Quiet Pools! It's nice to get away from the screaming kids every once in awhile!

I guess Saratoga is big enough to warrant a second themed pool area though.

sittle

Saratoga Springs is converting their quiet pool into a much larger recreation space. The pool will be 3 times the size, have a slide, kids area and a quick service eatery adjacent.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/03/pool-at-saratoga-springs-to-get-makeover/

OP... Which quiet pool...?

This can't be the quiet pool closest to downtown disney.... as it is faces the main waterway overlooking downtown disney and the illustration shows no sign of the river...

I had read this is the Disney magazine, but couldn't picture the spot... I haven't been back to SS since '06 and they were still building on to this place... it does need more restaurant options. But if your near the downtown disney quiet pool you can always hop over there for a bite!

Does anyone know the actual position of this quiet pool that will be overhauled?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I'm just wondering how a pool can be three times as big and still be considered "quiet." :rolleyes:

StinkyLeslie

The Paddock Area is newer area near the entrance/roadway. I, for one, am very happy about this. Its always tough finding room at the theme pool.

Figment82

As long as they don't touch the Grandstand pool I'll be okay. That is hands down one of the best themed pools Disney has ever created. If you are even remotely into horse racing, you'll understand why. Even the bathrooms are designed to look like actual "stalls" - horse stalls, that is.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
It's not! It doesn't say it's still going to be a quiet pool, it says it's going to convert the quiet pool. Unless I've read wrong!?! :shrug:

No, it was completely my Charlie-Foxtrot. I read the article the wrong.....

DABIGCHEEZ

Oh what a sad day if we eventually lose all of our Quiet Pools! It's nice to get away from the screaming kids every once in awhile!

I guess Saratoga is big enough to warrant a second themed pool area though.

It will actually be the 3rd theme pool at SSR. They have the main High Rock Springs Pool, the Grandstand(horse racing themed) area Pool with the kiddie spray/splash area(no slide but I don't know how "Quiet" it is), and this new one.

slappy magoo

Though I've never seen the main pool at Saratoga Springs terribly crowded, I'll gladly take another themed pool, and definitely another quick service eatery. Artists' Palette can be a PITA to get something. I don't know if the new QSE will have a grill or just pre-packaged foods, but it's still better than waiting on line for a half-hour for "fast food."

I often joke that Saratoga and Old Key West - both of them techincally full DVC resorts instead of existing resorts with DVC wings or annexes - are the "redheaded stepchildren" of DVC. They're great for those want a respite from all the action, but the theming is definitely more muted than many other resorts. When you consider how many rooms are available at WDW, compared to how many people can fit into the parks, having more to do at the resorts is welcome. I'm of the opinion that Saratoga could be a great home for a racetrack-themed dinner show. I wish there could be boat rentals on site, but another big themed pool is a nice substitute.

dreamscometrue

Does anyone know the actual position of this quiet pool that will be overhauled?

If you're still not sure which one it is, it's just across the 'long' bridge when you are going from the Springs area to the Paddock.

We always liked this quiet pool, but are really looking forward to the larger size, slide and a QS eating spot. SSR is huge, and as the DVC member (Disney Files) magazine suggested, this expansion is in response to members' wishes for more pool areas and another QS spot.

pax_65

We stayed in the Paddock section on our last trip... it's a pretty decent trip to the main pool from there. We like to walk when we're in Disney (in fact we walked from the Paddock to Downtown Disney, shopped all night, went over the the West Side then walked all the way back - so we're not lazy types). That said, we bagged walking to the pool several days and just drove up rather than have to walk with all our pool stuff. The new pool is badly needed and will be a welcome addition - and will factor into my decision to stay at Saratoga again.

PhilharMagician

That is good that SSR is getting a pool upgrade and more important is another counter service. Like Slappy said, Artist Palette is definately a PITA in the morning if you want to grab breakfast before heading out. I hope they serve breakfast at this new CS restaurant!

SSR will now be down to one quiet pool in Congress Park which is my favorite to relax at after a long day in the parks.

WDWFigment

Though I've never seen the main pool at Saratoga Springs terribly crowded, I'll gladly take another themed pool, and definitely another quick service eatery. Artists' Palette can be a PITA to get something. I don't know if the new QSE will have a grill or just pre-packaged foods, but it's still better than waiting on line for a half-hour for "fast food."

I often joke that Saratoga and Old Key West - both of them techincally full DVC resorts instead of existing resorts with DVC wings or annexes - are the "redheaded stepchildren" of DVC. They're great for those want a respite from all the action, but the theming is definitely more muted than many other resorts. When you consider how many rooms are available at WDW, compared to how many people can fit into the parks, having more to do at the resorts is welcome. I'm of the opinion that Saratoga could be a great home for a racetrack-themed dinner show. I wish there could be boat rentals on site, but another big themed pool is a nice substitute.

I agree with everything you say here, except the "and Old Key West" part. While OKW does seem to be a red-headed step child of sorts, I think it has that status undeservedly. The theming is very cool, in my opinion. Saratoga is nice, but has plenty of faults (as you point out). Still, it's where we own (but only because the resale prices there were the cheapest and we get into whatever other resort we want--usually).

Oh, and I am all for this new pool; it looks very cool and is welcome for a resort this size which otherwise doesn't have great theming. I just hope it doesn't cause annual dues to go up too much.

PhilharMagician

I agree with everything you say here, except the "and Old Key West" part. While OKW does seem to be a red-headed step child of sorts, I think it has that status undeservedly. The theming is very cool, in my opinion. Saratoga is nice, but has plenty of faults (as you point out). Still, it's where we own (but only because the resale prices there were the cheapest and we get into whatever other resort we want--usually).

Oh, and I am all for this new pool; it looks very cool and is welcome for a resort this size which otherwise doesn't have great theming. I just hope it doesn't cause annual dues to go up too much.

The one thing that OKW is lacking even more then SSR is food. The last time we stayed there Good's to Go was only open for lunch and dinner and no breakfast. The only place to eat breakfast was Olivia's. I know that Good's is now serving a limited breakfast menu, but could be better and maybe have an indoor seating area? Just hope is doesn't rain. Also turtle Shack Snacks is open only seasonally. I have never seen it open and I have been there when the resort was at full capacity during Thanksgiving week and the pool was packed.:brick:

I do however like the room layouts and the overall beauty of the resort. OKW with it's age nearing the 20 year mark, the trees have grown to add a special life to this resort.

One other note about both SSR and OKW is the walking path between the 2. I love to get outy about 5:30 in the morning and walk. It is a few miles, but is is really nice walking along the canal and also around DTD when it is closed.

urbanvegan

This think this is such a fantastic announcement!

We have stayed at SSR a few times now and this will be a fantastic addition to a resort of this size. I wish they would upgrade the OKW facilities as well, but this seems unlikely as the resort won't be growing any more.

Looks great!

raiden

Yea D-files has pics and it looks pretty sweet.

I love how people always complain about SSR but still buy and stay there;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom