Saratoga Springs Question

MadMax11

Original Poster
Quick question for those that have stayed at a studio at Saratoga Springs. My family almost always stays at OKW. We are a family of 4...me, my wife and 2 sons (15 and 20). We were unable to get OKW for Christmas time, so we're staying at Saratoga Springs in a studio. Our understanding is there's a king bed...and a pull out couch that makes a double bed, which one of my sons can use. Is there ample room in the rest of the room to lay down an air mattress for the son who isn't sleeping on the pull out couch?

EOD K9

Studios at last check only have a queen size bed and a pullout that is also about full size or possibly queen. A 1 bedroom has a queen size bed and a pullout in the living area.

MadMax11

Original Poster
Studios at last check only have a queen size bed and a pullout that is also about full size or possibly queen. A 1 bedroom has a queen size bed and a pullout in the living area.

My bad...I meant queen bed, not king. Just trying to see if there's space on the floor for an air mattress as well...or if pulling out the bed from the sofa makes that impossible.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
I think it might be possible, assuming that the air mattress is a single, but it'll be pretty tight if you have the sofa bed pulled out. The rooms are definitely smaller than the OKW studios and because they are more standard shaped it feels (to me) pretty much like a nicer hotel room.

nickys

Premium Member
Only the refurbed 1-beds have the two beds in the living area. So not guaranteed yet.

Currently Congress Park is complete and The Springs are underway, so just the Preferred category so far.

MadMax11

Original Poster
I think it might be possible, assuming that the air mattress is a single, but it'll be pretty tight if you have the sofa bed pulled out. The rooms are definitely smaller than the OKW studios and because they are more standard shaped it feels (to me) pretty much like a nicer hotel room.

Yeah, I'm concerned there won't be enough room for us to all sleep.

EOD K9

Looking back at some of my pictures, if you move the table and chairs, and if you have a smaller air mattress, it is possible but may be tight.

epcotisbest

My brother said the same thing. We'll set it up in the tub! :)

I'm gonna offer another option. Instead of opening up the sleeper sofa and taking up that much floor space for one person, leaving very little for the air mattress, why not leave the sofa closed and use the floor space for two twin sized air mattresses? That would leave some floor space for space between the two air mattress to walk by in case someone has to get up in the middle of the night.
Place one air mattress lengthwise beside the sofa, then walking space then the other air mattress. If you need more space in the floor, move the ottoman to the sofa, maybe the chairs and table too. Then in the morning, it is easy to rearrange it back to normal for day use.

MadMax11

Original Poster
I'm gonna offer another option. Instead of opening up the sleeper sofa and taking up that much floor space for one person, leaving very little for the air mattress, why not leave the sofa closed and use the floor space for two twin sized air mattresses? That would leave some floor space for space between the two air mattress to walk by in case someone has to get up in the middle of the night.
Place one air mattress lengthwise beside the sofa, then walking space then the other air mattress. If you need more space in the floor, move the ottoman to the sofa, maybe the chairs and table too. Then in the morning, it is easy to rearrange it back to normal for day use.

Good idea! Thanks!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom