Saratoga Springs....Beautiful!

RealHawker

Original Poster
I was just checking out the three bedroom grand villa at Saratoga Springs, via the 360 degree virtual tour.

That may be the nicest room/villa/suite I've ever seen in any disney resort. I wouldnt mind my house looking like that. Almost like a luxury townhome.

Aynone know what a 5-6 night in that would be a year in DVC points? I am not a DVC member, but I am interested as I see myself going to disney each year with 2 kids and wife.

I have stayed only at the polynesian I did not like any of the other DVC choices I saw until now.

dflye

RealHawker said:
I was just checking out the three bedroom grand villa at Saratoga Springs, via the 360 degree virtual tour.

That may be the nicest room/villa/suite I've ever seen in any disney resort. I wouldnt mind my house looking like that. Almost like a luxury townhome.

Aynone know what a 5-6 night in that would be a year in DVC points? I am not a DVC member, but I am interested as I see myself going to disney each year with 2 kids and wife.

I have stayed only at the polynesian I did not like any of the other DVC choices I saw until now.
The Grand Villas are indeed fabulous! While the new ones being built at SS are a bit smaller than the ones at OKW, they still capture the two story ambiance, and have a swankier look than OKW. They are definitely on the high-end when it comes to attention to detail and quality of fixtures / furnishings.

If you are only housing a family of four people, a two bedroom would be fine, if the kids don't mind sharing a room with separate beds (otherwise one can sleep on the sleeper-sofa in the living room)

The point cost would vary wildly depending upon time of year, and whether you stayed during the week or weekend. Points per night range from 67 at off-season weekday to 142 for peak weekend! So a five night stay, avoiding a weekend night, would cost between 335 and 585 points, not something you would be doing every year, unless you buy a lot more than their minimum sales amount.

Here's the full point chart for reference:
Saratoga2006.jpg

FanofDinsey1981

I went with my parents last summer to check it out (they are DVC members, home base at OKW), and it was amazingly beautiful. Despite it being a rainy day, the view from the room was fantastic, looking out at seeing Downtown disney. It is decorated much more upscale, than say Old Key West. I can't wait to stay there someday!

Steamboat_Kevin

Having stayed at Saratoga Springs, I can tell you that it's every bit as nice as it looks. It's now my favorite resort at WDW. If you stay there, be sure to ask for a view of the Downtown Disney lake! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom