Saratoga Springs and WDW in July - Will we love it?

Paper straw fan

Do you happen to know if they still have bass fishing excursions here? That is something my husband would enjoy.

Anyone know this one? I’ve seen it at Wilderness Lodge, and some sort of fishing event at POR, but I haven’t seen any here. Not my area of expertise however.

Also this poster seems super nice and I’m hoping she gets as great an experience as possible :)

epcotisbest

Anyone know this one? I’ve seen it at Wilderness Lodge, and some sort of fishing event at POR, but I haven’t seen any here. Not my area of expertise however.

Also this poster seems super nice and I’m hoping she gets as great an experience as possible :)

SSR is not on the list:

Venture out on Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon, skim across Village Lake or cruise Crescent Lake and World Showcase Lagoon. Fishing excursions are available at the following marinas:
Call (407) 939-BASS or (407) 939-2277 to make a reservation. Reservations can be made up to 180 days in advance.

Plowboy

Stayed at SSR a couple of years ago. We were in the Carousel area which is a bit of a hike to the main area (store, check-in, etc.). The flip side was we were the 2nd bus stop, so there is that. All in all it was a pleasant experience. BTW, Turf Club was quite good for dinner.

Pachanga5

Original Poster
SSR is not on the list:

Venture out on Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon, skim across Village Lake or cruise Crescent Lake and World Showcase Lagoon. Fishing excursions are available at the following marinas:
Call (407) 939-BASS or (407) 939-2277 to make a reservation. Reservations can be made up to 180 days in advance.

Thank you so much! It should be pretty easy to set up an excursion from POR. I will share this with him. I’m also liking the idea of taking advantage of the spa service at Senses while he is fishing.

Pachanga5

Original Poster
Stayed at SSR a couple of years ago. We were in the Carousel area which is a bit of a hike to the main area (store, check-in, etc.). The flip side was we were the 2nd bus stop, so there is that. All in all it was a pleasant experience. BTW, Turf Club was quite good for dinner.
I was considering Turf Club as an option. Thanks!

slappy magoo

Our dates are 7/13-7/19. We are booked in a deluxe studio preferred.
Yup, all it takes is one unavailable night to knock an entire resort out of contention. But my two cents, even though the rooms at OKW are bigger, I prefer the theming at Saratoga. And if you're in the preferred section, definitely ask for Congress Park. Just about every Saratoga trip we've taken, barring a one-nighter, has been at Congress Park. You'll have a quiet pool, but the main pool and main house is barely 5 minutes away, and walking to Disney Springs was (for me) less than a 10 minute walk.

I'm glad you got an answer to the fishing question, as I had no idea. Sorry Saratoga isn't on the list, though.

Paper straw fan

as long as you like it hot and humid, with thunderstorms regularly

That’s what happens every day in the summer here. You just have to know how to work around it:

Mornings are usually your best time, least hot and weather is clear. Mid/late afternoon is when the storms hit, so you can either head back to the resort a bit after lunch and wait it out, or find somewhere to hole up during the rain and afterwards it’s kind of like a mid day rope drop, as rides reopen and some people have left.

Nights are your friend too during the summer. And rides /queue lines with no shade your mortal enemy!

Peculiar Penguin

I was considering Turf Club as an option. Thanks!
Saratoga is our home resort and we love it! My husband and I have been there a crazy amount of times, and it's just the two of us also (no kids [yet!]). The Turf Club is a hidden gem, especially during busy season. It's usually easy to get a reservation and the food is excellent. The boat launch is also directly behind the restaurant for Disney Springs; you have tons of options. Happy to help with any other Saratoga questions you might have :happy:

slappy magoo

The Turf Club is a hidden gem, especially during busy season. It's usually easy to get a reservation and the food is excellent.

Turf Club is a very nice restaurant. I wouldn't consider it a must-do - if you were staying anywhere else, I don't think I'd tell you to make the trek out there. But if you're staying at Saratoga it's a great choice for a low-key quiet meal. I think even most Saratoga guests don't consider it because they're either heading out to a park or to Disney Springs. And I've never seen it busy so you'd probably get in even with no reservation barring the busiest times of the year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom