Santa Fe vs. Cheyenne

kirstenoel

Original Poster
I'm terrible at making decisions when it's come to my disney holidays.
We've stayed in all the Disney Hotels at dlp and on our last visit stayed at the fantastic Disneyland Hotel :king: but, for a bit of variety, it's between the Cheyenne or the Santa Fe this time. Just wondering which one everyone else would choose and why?! :D

sueuk

If we're talking value hotels, I'd go with Cheyenne. The theming is excellent, the restaurant is noisy but good and it feels 'Disney'. To me, Santa Fe feels like a group of buildings with a check in at the heart. Been once and never again. I like the walk - from both of them - to the Disney Village, but of course Cheyenne is closer.

Brother_Bean

We have just booked today to stay at Cheyenne :D we have stayed at the Santa Fe before so booked this for a change, but if u have stayed at both before id go for Cheyenne as it is closer.

CharlieD

Definitely go for the Cheyenne. We have stayed at both and that hotel is much better. Although if you stayed at the Disneyland Hotel last time isn't that quite a bit of a downgrade.

sueuk

We have just booked today to stay at Cheyenne :D we have stayed at the Santa Fe before so booked this for a change, but if u have stayed at both before id go for Cheyenne as it is closer.

There are a few pics of Cheyenne in 'My Albums' if you've never been.

kirstenoel

Original Poster
Thanks guys. Yes I stayed at the Cheyenne on a school trip over ten years ago. I stayed at the Santa Fe 2 years ago and must say I agree with you sueuk, it did just feel like a load of buildings, with a lack of theming.

Yes it's a massive downgrade from the Disneyland Hotel... but we're saving up for Florida again next year so every little counts :)

Pioneer Hall

I visited all the resorts when I went to DLP and have to say that the Santa Fe was the most disappointing Disney hotel I have ever seen. I was somewhat upset being a Disney fan and seeing how terrible that place looked. I wasn't a huge fan of the Cheyenne either, but at least the theme there was established even if the resort didn't seem up to the normal WDW or DLR standard.

kirstenoel

Original Poster
Thanks for your comments... realised it wasn't that much more to book the Sequoia Lodge, so staying there now :D All booked up and I'll be there in 20 days!!!

disney-dan

I've never stayed at the Santa Fe but stayed at the Cheyenne 3-4 years ago. The themeing is excellent, it's very wild west. On the other hand, my mum stayed at the Santa Fe when it first opened and she described it as a mexican prison. Now, I'm pretty sure mexican prisons don't have Goofy meet 'n' greets but I'm sure you get the picure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom