News Santa Falls On Parade Float

Old Mouseketeer

I still love the parade but agree, time for some new blood. Apparently Santa will continue to appear in the parade as you would expect, albeit riding on something else until the old float is repaired.

One of my rebel spies reported today that there's a rumor that the sleigh won't be back this season. There's some red tape around documenting the failure, repair, and possibly recertification. They didn't have any specifics--just a general sense that this is where it is heading.

Stevek

One of my rebel spies reported today that there's a rumor that the sleigh won't be back this season. There's some red tape around documenting the failure, repair, and possibly recertification. They didn't have any specifics--just a general sense that this is where it is heading.

That wouldn't be surprising at all. That's a pretty significant failure that quite honestly could have been much worse.

PiratesMansion

Either TDL's Christmas Stories Parade is very popular(which wouldn't shock me, I love it too!!) or TDL is getting to be a little like the US, Christmas Stories is in its 4th year and I think its coming back next year!

In fairness, they just got a fancy new daytime parade AND a new Halloween parade this year. I'm willing to spot them another year of Christmas Stories, which honestly has nothing wrong with it.

I'm not sure the entire parade needs to be replaced.

While I have not seen it in person, in videos it is super quaint and not in a good, charming way. Like MSEP it shows its age with the design aesthetic of the floats and its insipid music. To me it is too long and overall the least impressive Christmas parade currently running around the world. Even the super-short Christmas parade in Paris is better IMO.

If this jumpstarts a replacement parade, unlikely as that will be, I will be all for it!

AJFireman

Just saw a live video with Santa back on his Sleigh. Its a Christmas Miracle.
Screenshot_20181224-163038_Snapchat.jpg

Ismael Flores

The fear i have everytime they replace an old parade with a new one is that they seem to make them shorter.

They go from having a nice long parade to creating a parade that has a handful of large floats, The parades just seem to get shorter.

I think the one of the reasons the electrical parade was so charming was because it had lots of floats that included some nice large ones like Eliot combined with lots of smaller ones and It also included a larger variety of characters and settings.

SweetDuffy101

The fear i have everytime they replace an old parade with a new one is that they seem to make them shorter.

They go from having a nice long parade to creating a parade that has a handful of large floats, The parades just seem to get shorter.

I think the one of the reasons the electrical parade was so charming was because it had lots of floats that included some nice large ones like Eliot combined with lots of smaller ones and It also included a larger variety of characters and settings.
Its a trend take a note from overseas shows and parades, Since creating a Massive show isn’t cheap nowadays, But sometimes you really need to change the old ones even if it brings nostalgia, Same situation with daytime parades they need to create something new to Re-imagine the Image of the park and its not always about new attractions or lands people focus when they visit the park , There are people who love park entertainment as much as I do.

Shows and parades Makes the Park as a whole and the guest who watches them, So it’s not always a bad thing to see soemthing new.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom