Santa’s Holiday Cavalcade

Ronnie Sanford

Original Poster
Evenin’ Wdwmagic Dahlings,

Fret not. Christmas isn’t cancelled! Yet.

The elves at the North Pole (actually it’s a rogue colleague in a cubicle near me) tell me the jolly old elf will lead a cavalcade of sorts down Main Street this festive season.

And a Halloween cavalcade is looking grim. Not as grim as @realBobChapek’s chances of making any dessert party revenue in 2020, but you get the point.

Tunes can be swapped out for a few spooky tracks and poof, you got yourself a new seasonal offering.

Oh and @pheneix, I assumed leaders were sweating profusely because of the Summer humidity. Nope. They read your posts and out come the cooling towels.

rowrbazzle

I think it would seem very likely that we will see the existing cavalcades being the only form of character entertainment for some time and they will switch out seasonally.

If the union wasn't at odds with Disney, then what do you think we'd be seeing?

TTA94

Question is when will WDW actually be “safe” to resume shows? What do they consider “safe”? Has it ever been safe? We are always taking a risk of catching the flu or whatever by being stuck in a huge crowd of guests watching fireworks, parades, etc. Even with a Covid vaccine that still won’t prevent all people from catching it. Same as the flu. It pretty much needs to be a “at your own risk” type thing and if you want to stay safe? Wear a mask, and honestly not just for covid but the flu, common cold. If you don’t wear a mask? Well, your taking a chance.

ToTBellHop

Question is when will WDW actually be “safe” to resume shows? What do they consider “safe”? Has it ever been safe? We are always taking a risk of catching the flu or whatever by being stuck in a huge crowd of guests watching fireworks, parades, etc. Even with a Covid vaccine that still won’t prevent all people from catching it. Same as the flu. It pretty much needs to be a “at your own risk” type thing and if you want to stay safe? Wear a mask, and honestly not just for covid but the flu, common cold. If you don’t wear a mask? Well, your taking a chance.
If a vaccine is 70% effective or better, the actual rate of spread drops considerably. Anyone choosing not to vaccinate is a fool and it will be their fault, not Disney’s, if they get sick. Same is true with flu. Don’t get a shot and travel in the winter? Good luck.

wdwfan22

Stage shows will resume once the union dispute is over. As for fireworks and parades I still don't see them returning until sometime next year.

drew81

I think it would seem very likely that we will see the existing cavalcades being the only form of character entertainment for some time and they will switch out seasonally.

What @wdwmagic said.

A Christmas entertainment offering will be small. Don't expect anything different from what is currently running.
Just a change in theme or music.

TTA94

Stage shows will resume once the union dispute is over. As for fireworks and parades I still don't see them returning until sometime next year.

Wild guess but Disneys hopeful goal is probably to have everything back to, as close as possible, to pre covid, no later Spring? I doubt Disney wants to go through another disastrous Spring Break season.

I feel like the longer entertainment is down the higher the odds are of us not getting anything new for the 50th... aside from Harmonius, which is likely a given at this point to debut next fall in time for the 50th.

drew81

Wild guess but Disneys hopeful goal is probably to have everything back to, as close as possible, to pre covid, no later Spring? I doubt Disney wants to go through another disastrous Spring Break season.

I feel like the longer entertainment is down the higher the odds are of us not getting anything new for the 50th... aside from Harmonius, which is likely a given at this point to debut next fall in time for the 50th.

I'm sure they'd love that, but I don't see how that can happen. Everything is so fluid.

With what's going on behind the scenes in the Entertainment Department, I can't see it before late next year.
December 2021 is still my guess.

TTA94

Something fun they could’ve done is played prior parade music for the cavalcades. Make a little more fun and interesting. Hopefully for Christmas they bring out a few floats and use the Once Upon A Christmastime or Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Parade music.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom