Votes: 16 61.5%
  • Somewhere else

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Save the credit for another day

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dave B

I think San Angel is something you have to do at least once, food was pretty good, atmosphere is the best

Make sure you ask to sit near the river, the kids will love it

danyoung56

I do agree that La Hacienda is the better meal, but San Angel Inn has the better atmosphere. San Angel Inn used to be pretty lame, but they went through a big menu shift a few years ago, and have since been much better. Even their tortilla chips used to be off the shelf Tostitos with a watery sauce. Now they're fresh baked crispy triangles and TWO different sauces, either of which is far tastier than before. And there's just something special about dining in the "moonlight" and watching the boats slowly sailing by.

Amos1784

We always have a good time and experience but I think partly because of the reason we LOVE the mexico pavilion. I do not think the cuisine offers anything out of the ordinary. Just a heads up this restaurant is typically very quiet and also very dark, some kids could probably handle it fine others might not. My suggestion would be to go to Via Napoli instead, I think its anything but "just pizza" and we have always had a wonderful experience.

DfromATX

It's also a question of palate and what foods you normally consume. For my wife and I who live part of the year on our ranch in West Texas it's not familiar Hispanic culture food and we don't like it. La Hacienda is much better in our opinion.

Hi, I'm in Texas and curious about your statement. We want to try it on our next trip. How is it different than what you're used to? Do you mean it's not Tex-Mex or different than our Mexican food altogether?

Miceberg

It seems they've changed their menus fairly recently. We had dinner there last May and it was fantastic. Last month the menu was different (much pricier for smaller portions) and the food was so-so. The salsa was nothing more than tomato sauce and a little chili, pretty gross. We're no strangers to good Mexican food, living in the Los Angeles area and this wasn't good. If they keep the current menu, we won't be back.

Dana223

When I went to San Angel Inn in late August they had taken Pollo a las rajas off the menu! The waiter said many people were upset. Definitely the best dish there. Anyone know if they have brought it back? It's still listed on the menu online but not sure if that is up to date.

I ate at San Angel Inn on August 19th and was one of the people complaining that pollo a las rajas was taken off the menu! While I was there they told me 3 other tables also complained. The manager said they changed the menu a week earlier and took it off. He said that hopefully if enough people complain they will bring it back. I ended up getting the chicken tacos (I substituted chicken for the steak tacos on the menu). They were good but not what I was expecting. If I had known they changed the menu I probably would have tried a different restaurant in the World Showcase.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Hi, I'm in Texas and curious about your statement. We want to try it on our next trip. How is it different than what you're used to? Do you mean it's not Tex-Mex or different than our Mexican food altogether?

It's bland and uninspired. Some of the new entrées look interesting though. The tables are small and uneven so they will rock if you're not careful.

DfromATX

It's bland and uninspired. Some of the new entrées look interesting though. The tables are small and uneven so they will rock if you're not careful.

Oh that's too bad... I was just looking at their menu. It looks pretty good. I think the food choices sound better than at La Hacienda.

Miceberg

I ate at San Angel Inn on August 19th and was one of the people complaining that pollo a las rajas was taken off the menu! While I was there they told me 3 other tables also complained. The manager said they changed the menu a week earlier and took it off. He said that hopefully if enough people complain they will bring it back. I ended up getting the chicken tacos (I substituted chicken for the steak tacos on the menu). They were good but not what I was expecting. If I had known they changed the menu I probably would have tried a different restaurant in the World Showcase.

I was there on 8/19 too - and was more than likely one of the other tables complaining about the pollo a las rajas missing from the menu! Had the pork tacos which were good, but not worth the price, they came out to over 7 bucks per taco with no sides. Felt like I was robbed for street tacos.

BuddyThomas

I feel like it is pretty standard Mexican fare, designed for sensitive taste buds (nothing too spicy or adventurous). That said, the atmosphere is really, really wonderful and it's worth overpaying for tacos and fairly weak margaritas just to be there for a little while.

FYI - here are reviews from Yelp - Three and a half out of five stars: https://www.yelp.com/biz/san-angel-inn-orlando-3

Deranged Hermit

Went there for the first time last year. It was my second favorite restaurant of the trip and my wife and kids favorite. Highly recommended.
As an aside, we liked the red salsa as opposed the tomatillo (green) salsa.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom