Sam's club $500 Disney gift card price raise..

bjlc57

Original Poster
Hi gang.. in anticipation of our upcoming Disney trip , we went to Sam's club tonight to buy $500 gift cards for the reduced rate.. However. as we were in line the Sam's club manager came over and stated that the price of these cards was going up another $5.. well the last time that we went to Disney in December of 14, we saved enough on the gift cards to pay for my wife's scooter.. New price is 484.88 instead of 478.88.. and that's the only i really know to get a deal on Disney costs. something for you all to know.. have a great day..

MickeyMomV

They have been at $479.97 in Michigan for about 2 years. We have 2 trips planned in the next 3 months so we will have to keep an eye on it.

bjlc57

Original Poster
we had to have the manager "change the price by hand" because the previous sign was there.. but he stated that the price has gone up..

MAGICFLOP

Disney and Sam's both have the same theory..

Anyone that would pay $479 would certainly pay $484.

My theory is, unless you save 5% for paying in advance, its not worth it. So $450 is as high as I would go. Darden (olive garden, red lobster etc) restaurants sell their $50 gift cards for $45.

My reasoning is, once you pay the money you are locked in, not like if you cancel you Disney Trip sam's club will let you use the card in their store.. if they give, you lock.

daringstoic

I just made the same disappointing discovery last week. I bought two $500 cards at my local Sam's in suburban Detroit and they rang up at the $484 price, though there wasn't any label on the rack. I would've saved a few dollars more buying the 3-pack of $50 cards, but the eternity it would take me to transfer the balances online or have each one scanned individually at the front desk wasn't worth an extra few dollars in savings. (I made the mistake on my last trip of handing 15 gift cards to the front desk and the way their system was configured it took us 45 minutes to get them all applied. Never again.) I think Target still sells Disney gift cards, so you're actually better off going through them if you have the Red Card with 5% discount.

threvester

Disney and Sam's both have the same theory..

Anyone that would pay $479 would certainly pay $484.

My theory is, unless you save 5% for paying in advance, its not worth it. So $450 is as high as I would go. Darden (olive garden, red lobster etc) restaurants sell their $50 gift cards for $45.

My reasoning is, once you pay the money you are locked in, not like if you cancel you Disney Trip sam's club will let you use the card in their store.. if they give, you lock.
$450 is 10% off not 5

homerdance

You can still by the $150 (3 $50 cards) fro $142.98 which is almost as good as the 5% at target, but you can use a rewards card there instead of having to use a red card, so you can double dip so to speak. Also, you can consolidate all of your gift cards to 1 by using my disney gift card ... https://www.disneygiftcard.com/

Takeitforgranite

I was also looking for some place to consolidate all my cards, so I just signed up for an account at disneygiftcard.com. Something there is confusing:

"Easily access your Disney Gift Card balances and information whenever you need it! Just enter your Account Number, and Security Code below to track up to 5 cards. You'll find the Account Number and Security Code on the back of your Disney Gift Card."

Does this mean you can only load 5 cards on there to consolidate into 1, or does that mean you can load an unlimited amount of cards to be spread among up to 5 cards?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I was also looking for some place to consolidate all my cards, so I just signed up for an account at disneygiftcard.com. Something there is confusing:

"Easily access your Disney Gift Card balances and information whenever you need it! Just enter your Account Number, and Security Code below to track up to 5 cards. You'll find the Account Number and Security Code on the back of your Disney Gift Card."

Does this mean you can only load 5 cards on there to consolidate into 1, or does that mean you can load an unlimited amount of cards to be spread among up to 5 cards?
It means you can only have 5 cards at a time. Another important point is that no card can have a balance greater than $1,000.

If you have purchased multiple gift cards and want to consolidate them, here’s what to do:
Designate one card (card #1) as Primary.
Add card #2.
Transfer balance of card #2 to Primary.
Delete card #2.
Add card #3.
Transfer balance of card #3 to Primary.
Delete card #3.

Continue until you have reached the $1,000 limit on Primary. Throw deleted cards away.
If you have more cards to add, designate a new card as Primary (follow instructions on site) and proceed as above.

The maximum you can have in your account is 5 cards of $1,000 each for $5,000.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
It means you can only have 5 cards at a time. Another important point is that no card can have a balance greater than $1,000.

If you have purchased multiple gift cards and want to consolidate them, here’s what to do:
Designate one card (card #1) as Primary.
Add card #2.
Transfer balance of card #2 to Primary.
Delete card #2.
Add card #3.
Transfer balance of card #3 to Primary.
Delete card #3.

Continue until you have reached the $1,000 limit on Primary. Throw deleted cards away.
If you have more cards to add, designate a new card as Primary (follow instructions on site) and proceed as above.

The maximum you can have in your account is 5 cards of $1,000 each for $5,000.
I do the same but just different order.

add 2, 3, 4 and 5
transfer 2, 3, 4, and 5 to Primary
delete 2, 3, 4, and 5
repeat until you get primary card to $1000
then switch card 2 to primary
add 3, 4, 5....... and so on:)

I am Timmy

I did this last year for $100 cards from Bjs, when they were selling for 94.99 each. Bought a bunch, in separate transactions, then consolidated them on the disney gift card website. Paid for my trip that way, although I don't think that deal is still available. I have a Target Red card (debit) that I can use now if other deals are worse, but it was nice to be able to use my rewards card to buy gift cards last time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom