Samawati Springs - new AKL pool

pax_65

Original Poster
We're staying at the new AKL villas (Kidani Village) in May. I've heard the building will be open on schedule, and that the new pool (Samawati Springs) MAY be open. A cast member told me that "this pool will put Stormalong Bay to shame."

I have a very difficult time believing that. But I'm curious if anyone here has heard anything about this pool and (maybe more importantly) when it will open!

Thanks!

Phonedave

We're staying at the new AKL villas (Kidani Village) in May. I've heard the building will be open on schedule, and that the new pool (Samawati Springs) MAY be open. A cast member told me that "this pool will put Stormalong Bay to shame."

I have a very difficult time believing that. But I'm curious if anyone here has heard anything about this pool and (maybe more importantly) when it will open!

Thanks!

I will be there in August. I could not get into Kidani, but am in Jambo house. The rep said "don't worry, as DVC you will still be allowed to use the new pool - and you won't want to miss it"

I guess they are talking it up.

-dave

SirGoofy

Puts Stormalong to shame!:eek:

Looks like may have to do some pool hopping on my next CP....:lookaroun

I mean, I would never ever do that!:lookaroun

Pete C

Sorry to hijack, but why don't any of the resorts have a lazy river integrated with the pool? In my opinion EVERY resort at Disney should have one. I think the lazy river should be elaborate with caves and Disney-like touches that make them reasons to stay on property. Instead you get a lame kiddy slide at each pool. Check out the pool artwork for the new Hilton Bonnet Creek right on Disney property...this is what I'm talking about:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_zjnLSro7Z...8/K3PahxP25kA/s400/Hilton-Pooldeck_032508.jpg

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Sorry to hijack, but why don't any of the resorts have a lazy river integrated with the pool? In my opinion EVERY resort at Disney should have one. I think the lazy river should be elaborate with caves and Disney-like touches that make them reasons to stay on property. Instead you get a lame kiddy slide at each pool. Check out the pool artwork for the new Hilton Bonnet Creek right on Disney property...that's what I'm talking about.
Easy answer $$$.

DisneyJoe

Sorry to hijack, but why don't any of the resorts have a lazy river integrated with the pool? In my opinion EVERY resort at Disney should have one. I think the lazy river should be elaborate with caves and Disney-like touches that make them reasons to stay on property. Instead you get a lame kiddy slide at each pool.

StormAlong Bay does have this.

Value resorts don't even have slides...

Besides the cost, for the facility build itself, maintenance and the lifeguards needed for such a facility - Disney has 2 water parks on property that they want people to visit....

Ausdaddy

That doesn't look like it could put Stormalong Bay to shame...

is this a decoy piece of artwork? or is this just all talk?

Probably referring more to the play area than the pool itself.

picture.php

truz

Hmm, everything I saw from the Press Releases talked about the 'play area', but never so big to rival "Stormalong Bay".

Interesting, I'll be at AKL in July on my Honeymoon, so I'll be curious to check out the AKV. Anyone know the policy on guest of the Lodge using the pool/facilities at the Villas?

Ausdaddy

Hmm, everything I saw from the Press Releases talked about the 'play area', but never so big to rival "Stormalong Bay".

Interesting, I'll be at AKL in July on my Honeymoon, so I'll be curious to check out the AKV. Anyone know the policy on guest of the Lodge using the pool/facilities at the Villas?

It's unclear at this point.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

I'm pretty sure that you can't unless you're staying at the DVC villas in Jambo House.
From information released around the time that the DVC expansion at AKL was announced all guests of AKLV and AKL will have access to the pool. Weather that will actually be the case more than likely will not e confirmed until the AKLV is fully operational.

Phonedave

Sorry to hijack, but why don't any of the resorts have a lazy river integrated with the pool? In my opinion EVERY resort at Disney should have one. I think the lazy river should be elaborate with caves and Disney-like touches that make them reasons to stay on property. Instead you get a lame kiddy slide at each pool. Check out the pool artwork for the new Hilton Bonnet Creek right on Disney property...this is what I'm talking about:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_zjnLSro7Z...8/K3PahxP25kA/s400/Hilton-Pooldeck_032508.jpg

We may be a minority, but some people have no use for a lazy river. I go in a pool and swim. If its a water park, thats one thing, but as far as a resort or hotel pool I like an area where I can actualy swim in a straight line.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom