Salvolloin Christmas PTR

Salvollin Christmas PTR

Here we are, 40 days out. This is our first trip report and first time with a real camera, so im excited. We have been down for the holidays the past three years staying at POP, CBR, and POFQ. All places were good, but now were going great, The Polynesian. We got such a great deal, for us at least, five nights plus dining, $1800!! Add in airfare of $200 each, and were paid for. And this is who we are:

GEDC0735.jpg

We arrive on Friday dec. 10 around 3pm. We have all of our ADRS, with the first one being at Wolfgang Pucks. We did this so we could go to the Christmas store, eat a great dinner, yes i will take pics, and grab a taxi to head for Hess, and get all of our room essentials. Mainly being stuff for breakfast, late night snacks, and of course, beer! As we are not in any hurry to rush around, we will sleep in and go at a half pace, as we just want to take it all in and see things we have missed in past years, such as the Lion King in AK. This trip is focused on our favorite dining places as well as parades and fireworks. With parades in second to food, as i am a chef. We cant wait to see MSEP. This is also going to be my 40th birthday, so why not be at my favorite place. 6 days with no kids, and we have four, who wouldnt be excited. Plus on this trip, i get to use my new camera and newly aquired skills, sort of, on photobucket. So stay tuned, this should be good. Plus i know alot of members from here will be down there, so if you see us, say hi! as we will do the same.:xmas::xmas:

mickey2008.1

Original Poster
Finishing ADRS and need to finally choose which one. So, out of wolfgang Pucks, Marakesh, and Via Napoli, which one would you reccomend?

erstwo

You are going to love the Poly! Especially in December, I love to go there. Feels like you are on a tropical vacation in the middle of Christmas! Yay!

What a great idea to grab a taxi over to Hess. Never thought of that!

We leave on the 11th, so not sure that we'll run into one another, but if you see a group of 12 - with 3 girls wearing matching outfits and one wild red-headed boy, that'll be us! :wave:

mickey2008.1

Original Poster
Continuing our pre trip report, we hope to see many of you here from wdwmagic. It appears there will be quite a few of us down at WDW at this time. We are now at 33 days out and continue to watch the weather reports, as we always do. So far, so good. Still up in the air for last minute dining reservations, any suggestions are greatly appreciated. As of now, we have: Ohanas, Wolfgang puck cafe, Cape May Cafe ( character breakfast), Via napoli, Kona cafe( dinner), Mama melrose+ fantasmic, and finally indescision, The Wave or Grand Floridian Cafe? We just got our DME passes, cant wait to put them on the bag. That's right! We use one large duffle bag going down due to the $25 baggage fee ( it's the military in me). What the heck, there is an iron in the room.:zipit: My DW hates that I do this, but its more money for WDW, I can finally get my monorail set for the Christmas tree. :D

mickey2008.1

Original Poster
We have a garden view room as of now, which means we could have a parking lot view. With this in mind, what is the best longhouse to request? room numbers?

LisaG23

I feel your excitement already bc i have it too!!!!!!!! Me and my family will be arriving Decemeber 10th as well staying at the POLY too!!!!!!!!!! Yay!! this is our first stay at the polynesian......we go to WDW every year but have always stayed at Shades of Green, so we are SUPER excited to stay at the poly!!!!!!!! we will be there until Dec16. This will be my DD's first trip to WDW as well as her 4th bday (on dec 11th) are you all going to MVMCP.....we are on the 12th. we have a ton of ADR's scheduled for this trip........here is a little rundown of our schedule....

Dec 10- 8pm Nine dragons
dec 11- 9:35 am CRT
dec 12- 8am Kona
12:40pm 50's prime time
6:10pm crystal palace
dec 13-7:05pm 'ohana
dec14- 7:35 am Kona
8:05 pm Kona
dec15- 6:30 pm Chef Mickey's
dec 16- 7:30am 'ohana

plus im surprising my hubby for bday/xmas by having him scheduled to do the Richard Petty Driving Experince the morning of the 13th......heehee....he has no idea....Shhhh!!!!!! he is going to freak out when i tell him the night before.......:sohappy:

harveyt0206

Wow, that is an AWESOME deal you got at the Poly. Congrats on that. My mom and I are staying at POFQ in March and we are paying very close to what you are paying for the Poly, so that's a great deal you have there.

Mine and hubby's trip overlaps with yours. Maybe we will bump into you at one of the parks. :wave: Have a great trip and enjoy the Poly. It really is a lovely resort.

mickey2008.1

Original Poster
Here we are 26 days out and cant wait. the weather watching begins. But in addition to this trip, we just booked a trip for our whole family of six next september at CBR. So after me and the DW get back, we have a whole new trip to plan. four months until ADRS. But for this trip, would anylon reccomend a miniature golf course to play? we have always wanted to do this. Mind that my DW is not very good, but just wants to see the grounds.

HouCuseChickie

WoW!!! Great deal on the Poly and air! Looks like our trips will overlap a little as well. Our last day is the 13th...but if you see two little girls with big flowers in their hair- that might be us :xmas: Have a great trip!!!

mickey2008.1

Original Poster
Now at 20 days out! just got our DME passes and final paperwork with reservations at the poly! Whats the free gift this year at plannet hollywood? Is it worth eating there? Last time I was there i met Cindy Crawford. Now its time to start about things we need, which isnt very much, as sun burn is not an issue. Just planning our trip to Hess to get our snacks and beers, water, and coffee creamer. Our first day will be a nonpark day, just shopping at DTD and Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang Pucks. Its our first time to chill without going to a park the first day. Anyone else do this? it seems odd to not be running off to a park.

LisaG23

Its our first time to chill without going to a park the first day. Anyone else do this? it seems odd to not be running off to a park.

Yay!!!!!!!! we are at 19 days out for our stay at the Poly too.......we got our DME tags and booklet the other day too!!!!!!!! its so exciting.....its funny how you said this is the first time you wont be running off to a park the first day.....it will be our first time going to a park on the arrival day....lol. we always spend arrival day at DTD!!!!!! We typically do Trex cafe and shopping and in may we also did La Nouba!!!!! T-19 days and counting.....see you at the Poly!!!!!!!!!!:wave:

mickey2008.1

Original Poster
Looking forward to seeing many of you from here. the weather so far looks great, lets hope it stays that way. We will be taking pictures of everything, especially food, and new FLE pics. Im a sneaky one. Will try to find the cat at osborne lights, as well as many hidden mickeys that people have posted. Anything in particular that anyone wants a picture of?

4everDory

Wow! Sounds like you guys have a great trip planned! How exciting to get such a great rate at the Poly! My DH and I have done a few Mommy/Daddy trips to WDW...it's very different, but lots of fun! Can't wait to hear more details before, during, and after your trip!

mickey2008.1

Original Poster
Now its 11 days out! Weather appears to be in the mid 70's, but it can go up. It's going to be around 33 degrees here apparently. So 70's is perfect for us. First time in December below 80for us a t this time of year, but it can still change. cant wait to check in at Poly. First time ever coming in after 11 am. looking forward to posting our first ever trip report and food review. Food report will make Blackthidot drool for his upcoming trip. Not sure if WDWfigment will be there at the same time, but if they are, will try to say hello. until then, stay tuned. See there all the wdwmagic community.

mickey2008.1

Original Poster
Now 5 days out. All of our holiday decorations are up here at home. checking on weather, mid 70's to upper 60's. Great for us, as we are supposed to be in the upper 20's with lots of snow. Cant wait to get there and be comfortable, not the hot n sweaty 90's and 80's. Poly is screaming at us to show up. First day will be at DTD with a quick sandwich togo from Earl of Sandwich, plus a stop at hess for breakfast items and of course, beer! Still fine tuning my camera skills for a full trip report, with plenty of food pics, as well as crazy people pics. Making the final list, checking to see who will be there from here, and packing. Hopefully POPWarner wont affect us, but there are always rude people. Now its just a count down. Three days of work, plus alot of planning for my employees so that all goes well when im gone, fingers crossed. Its fun, but trying at the same time. Once i get on that plane, im away from reality, and no cell phones according to my DW, but that wont happen. Oh well. See you all there that are visiting.:xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas:

mickey2008.1

Original Poster
4 days to go and snow is flying like peanuts at a circus. 25 degrees and a windchill of 10! Looks like we picked the perfect week to leave, as temps keep going up in WDW. Now its time to start packing. Hopefully i have figured out the camera, so many settings:brick: Got the ipod all ready and downloaded with wdwmagic mobile. Now only two days left of work, and of we go.:xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom