Salute to All Things but MOSTLY Politics

DoubleJ21

Unless someone has prepared (or had their accountant prepare) a tax return for a corporation, subchapter S, LLC, or even a 501(c)(3), they would have no idea how easy it is to manipulate tax scenarios based on the need for that year. For instance, if a huge CapEx outlay was made, profits can be minimized and therefore reduce taxes on the reinvestment. Likewise, if a huge CapEx outlay needed to be made, the books can be tilted the other way to show maximum EBITDA in order to earn the financing and thus take a tax hit that year.

As complicated as federal tax laws are, they are complicated because they are so stupid. It's easy to beat them when you know how.
Simplify the tax code, eliminate all the deductions and loopholes politicians have snuck in there to benefit certain interest groups and their buddies, and take a seat to admire your glorious creation.

2F05ECD4-CD98-479A-BF01-3C876553441A.gif

Last edited:

Laketravis

Original Poster
Advertisement
Simplify the tax code, eliminate all the deductions and loopholes politicians have snuck in there to benefit certain interest groups and their buddies, and take a seat to admire your glorious creation.

View attachment 501239

The pipe dream of many for almost a century :)

DoubleJ21

I just got off the phone with the host of the Debate party I'm going to on Tuesday (the host is a Latino who was mildly pro-Trump in 2016 but is now very pro-Trump), after he sent a big group text to us all with the drinking game rules.

Here are the rules for the Debate Drinking Game he has created, as his guest list is fairly evenly split between Trump supporters and Biden supporters (with a few random partiers who could care less also thrown in). But we're all friends who've known each other for years, and we value a diversity of thought and opinion and enjoy each other's company. It's a very fun crowd! 🥳

1 Drink of wine or beer =
  • Joe Biden says "C'mon man!"
  • Donald Trump says "Chi-Nah!" (that was my suggestion)
  • Joe Biden starts a sentence with "I'm the guy who..."
  • Donald Trump starts a sentence with "I have done more/the best/the biggest..."
  • Joe Biden mentions his ability to do push-ups
  • Donald Trump mentions drug testing of himself and/or Joe Biden

1 Shot of whiskey, or vodka for the ladies =
  • First time Joe Biden mentions Trump's taxes
  • First time Donald Trump mentions Hunter Biden

There will also be celebratory champagne. The chilled champagne bottles will be popped and served if...
  • Joe Biden uses the phrase "Lying dog-faced pony soldier"
  • Donald Trump uses the word "Covfefe"

If we get through the debate without a mention of either of those things, the champagne will be served with dessert instead. This Tuesday is going to be so much fun! 9:00pm Eastern Time. :D
No drinking game here, just popcorn 😊

DoubleJ21

Politics wasn’t always about whether you were a good person or not. It was just about ideas. How do we make the country better and our people happier? How do we make it the best place in the world to raise a family? Now, according to many, if you don’t agree with them on every little thing then you’re a bad person. You don’t just disagree with me, you’re against me.

The day that the title of Republican or Democrat became more important than American is the day that this country‘s foundation suffered a large crack that’s been widening ever since.

Although this post sounds a little too much like my grandmother when she’s starved of her celebrity gossip 😉, the notion that the First Family ought to be a source of joy and inspiration to all, regardless of politics, is a message worth sharing. So thank you for doing so.

Last edited:

Laketravis

Original Poster
The more I think about it, the more this ****es me off. More than Trump's tax returns or who is nominated as a supreme court judge, this crap affects me personally. This is what I posted on my FB page:

So https://www.facebook.com/JOEROGAN buys this place less than a mile down the street from me for $14.4M, like three times the TCAD appraised value. Seriously dude?

https://www.yahoo.com/.../joe-rogan-snags-14-4-022412750...

Do you know what you just did to everyone's tax values? You could have bought this fancy place on Lake Travis for half the price but you prefer a view of Emma Long Park instead? Damn.

https://www.realtor.com/.../18109-Travis-Cir_Lago-Vista...

That's what we call Goofy Money around here. Thanks bud.

Lilofan

Donald Trump suffered another blow on Sunday as a federal judge hit the pause button on the former Celebrity Apprentice host ban on the Chinese created widely successful video app.

Coming just as the New York Times dropped a bombshell expose on Trump’s long hidden taxes, the partial injunction granted by U.S. District Court Judge Carl Nichols was unveiled with less than four hours to go until the midnight ban took effect.

Appointed by Trump three years ago to the bench in the District of Columbia, Judge Nichols offered no reason for granting TikTok’s motion. The ruling follows an often-fiery hearing on the matter this morning.

However, granting of the partial injunction sets up another standoff in what has been financial and digital trench warfare since the re-election seeking Trump declared earlier this summer that the collection of user data by Chinese-owned ByteDance, parent company of TikTok, was a national security concern.

It's unfortunate that Tik Tok lost their new CEO who resigned during this mess. He was the very talented Kevin Mayer who left Disney to become CEO. After Chapek got the Disney job and Mayer was bypassed he took a much more higher paying job at Tik Tok after the Chinese billionaire founder of Tik Tok gave Mayer the Tik Tok CEO position.

Last edited:

Lilofan

And the he went and started a war with a country that had nothing to do with the Twin Towers.
The war with the fake WMD I recall that well. Our men and women were sent to war based on fake news. I knew a few Marines from the county I live in who were KIA.

Last edited:

Lilofan

I would love to visit once it's safe to do so! I'll definitely keep that in mind. My dad, who lives in NY, worked on my car that had only been driven around SC. He brought it into his shop and the guys there were awestruck that it wasn't completely rotted out from the snow and salt...lol!

Oh, I know. I just see the headlines, and I get so sad about it. I know those are isolated incidents, but I really would not be shocked to see some sort of large-scale violence. I hope I'm wrong, and that it doesn't happen, and that we can all realize we want a better America. Just in different ways.

Hm, I don't know if I'll ever get to Colorado, but I'll keep that in mind! My dad lives in upstate NY, and I went during winter for the first time last year. Definitely was eye-opening, as I've never seen so much snow in my entire life.

I would definitely do research on it. Yeah, unfortunately there is a pay for better care aspect, at least from what I hear.

Yeah, I can't even imagine what an LGBT couple would have to face opening a museum in the US, even if they're in a fairly liberal city. I know a lot of people won't be direct about it, but simply will scoff under their breath, etc. Lots who "accept" gay people but basically want them "out of sight, out of mind." I am glad Disney is finally doing a little bit with their rainbow collection this year, which explicitly is for Pride, but even still, I think having some decent representation in their media is the way to go...

Agreed! Lol

I'm 20, sophomore in college (well, at least I think? it's hard to tell since I'm a transfer student). I would love to take a gap year and travel at some point, just don't know if it's financially feasible for me. I'll definitely look into it once COVID is behind us. When I graduate international travel should be back to a semblance of normal, and I'm hoping to go to Japan. I know that's still touristy, though.

My main fear is my food allergies. Like I said earlier, I have serious food allergies, and I'm concerned I'd accidentally have a reaction due to a language barrier. I'd definitely try to learn the basics of whatever language is spoken where I'm traveling, but it's still a very tangible fear for me. Definitely would try to make friends with a local.
The perfect age of 20 to start investing in the stock market! Do it regularly, create a diversified portfolio, turn a blind eye to the naysayers, live within or even below your means and you can FIRE to. ( Financially Independent Retire Early ). It can be done!

Lilofan

The more I think about it, the more this ****es me off. More than Trump's tax returns or who is nominated as a supreme court judge, this crap affects me personally. This is what I posted on my FB page:

So https://www.facebook.com/JOEROGAN buys this place less than a mile down the street from me for $14.4M, like three times the TCAD appraised value. Seriously dude?

https://www.yahoo.com/.../joe-rogan-snags-14-4-022412750...

Do you know what you just did to everyone's tax values? You could have bought this fancy place on Lake Travis for half the price but you prefer a view of Emma Long Park instead? Damn.

https://www.realtor.com/.../18109-Travis-Cir_Lago-Vista...

That's what we call Goofy Money around here. Thanks bud.
Would you be complaining about the eventual increase value of your real estate holdings in TX? Californians moving to TX in droves for a cheaper cost of living are increasing TX homeowner values in impacted areas. I wouldn't be complaining about that.

aw14

So bad that Obama was re-elected. He did however help propel the stock market upward and beyond post 2009! Hope and change went well in the funds I invested in!
We been through this countless times. So bad that George W was re-elected, so bad that Nixon was re-elected. We can go on and on.

TINKWINGS

Premium Member

Hoax​

A hoax is a falsehood deliberately fabricated to masquerade as the truth. It is distinguishable from errors in observation or judgment, rumors, urban legends, pseudosciences, and April Fools' Day events that are passed along in good faith by believers or as jokes. Wikipedia

But often a HOAX turns out to be something real....Covid-19 was real but the hoax was that it was NOT...….:rolleyes:
Things get a bit murky in hoaxdom…….o_O

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-coronavirus-rally-remark/

Likewise, Politico ran a story headlined “Trump rallies his base to treat coronavirus as a ‘hoax.'” And in an article headlined “Trump calls coronavirus Democrats’ ‘new hoax,'” NBC News correspondent Lauren Egan wrote: “President Donald Trump accused Democrats of ‘politicizing’ the deadly coronavirus during a campaign rally here on Friday, claiming that the outbreak is ‘their new hoax’ as he continued to downplay the risk in the U.S.”

These prompted inquiries from Snopes readers who asked us to verify the accuracy of the claim.

Coronavirus misinformation, and how scientists can help to fight it Trump Rails Against A Democrat Hoax As Americans Brace For Coronavirus  Disruptions - YouTube Amazon.com: The Co-rona is A Hoax Co-rona 2020 Men's Short Sleeve T-Shirt:  Clothing
Coronavirus conspiracy theories are frustrating ER doctors
No Hoax Images, Stock Photos & Vectors | Shutterstock

Last edited:
Top Bottom