News Salt and Straw ice cream is coming to Disney Springs

UNCgolf

I can understand going here if you want some of the unique flavors, but considering Vivoli il Gelato is right there in Disney Springs... hard for me to imagine why anyone would go anywhere else for ice cream/gelato. It's a step above anything else offered there.

UNCgolf

and that is your answer - along with the ample samples.

Right, that's what I meant. If you want something unique, go there. If you want the highest overall quality of "normal" flavors, go to Vivoli il Gelato.

Most of the flavors at Salt and Straw sound terrible to me, but I'm sure they'll have at least a couple worth sampling next time I'm there.

Last edited:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Most people can't even tell the difference.
Drawing Motivation GIF

UNCgolf

Are you confusing gelato with sorbet/Italian ice?

Ice cream and gelato are almost identical (gelato actually just means ice cream in Italian). There are some differences, but not enough for most people to notice it. And even the differences aren't always there; eggs are sometimes included in gelato.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

So anyways, the best ice cream at Disney Springs is at Vivoli il Gelato, but Salt and Straw is a good option for people who want unique flavors.

UNCgolf

If you can show me on their menu where it says "ice cream".
I am aware of what gelato means and how it is produced ( different from ice cream).

It says it every time the word "gelato" appears, as you just admitted.

Gelato isn't always different from American ice cream. Traditional gelato has minor differences from American ice cream (gelato tends to be richer/more flavorful, which is why I generally prefer it), but those lines have become heavily blurred. There is gelato that is made with eggs and the same fat content as American ice cream, to the point that they are the exact same product. And there are plenty of places selling American ice cream that call it gelato because they think it sounds fancier.

Regardless, even traditional gelato and American ice cream are so similar that most people don't know which one they're eating. I'm not sure why you're trying to die on this hill, other than you just feel like trolling.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
It says it every time the word "gelato" appears, as you just admitted.

Gelato isn't always different from American ice cream. Traditional gelato has minor differences from American ice cream (gelato tends to be richer/more flavorful, which is why I generally prefer it), but those lines have become heavily blurred. There is gelato that is made with eggs and the same fat content as American ice cream, to the point that they are the exact same product. And there are plenty of places selling American ice cream that call it gelato because they think it sounds fancier.

Regardless, even traditional gelato and American ice cream are so similar that most people don't know which one they're eating. I'm not sure why you're trying to die on this hill, other than you just feel like trolling.
Sorry it upsets you so that people may prefer ice cream to gelato. They must be as uneducated as me .
Have a nice day .

UNCgolf

Sorry it upsets you so that people may prefer ice cream to gelato. They must be as uneducated as me .
Have a nice day .

It doesn't?

I said most people can't tell a difference, although I suppose I really meant that the difference is so small that most people don't care, along with the fact that in some cases there is literally no difference at all.

My point was that most people are only concerned with the overall quality when choosing because they're so similar. I'm not sure I've ever met someone who said they wanted ice cream and then was upset if they got gelato instead, or vice versa. Of course there are always exceptions, but there aren't many people that would rather have, say, Breyers ice cream over high quality gelato, or cheap low quality gelato over high quality ice cream.

It's nice to have numerous options at Disney Springs to spread out crowds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom