Sad sad news...

Nemo14

Original Poster
There really is no easy way to say this, and I'm a bit at a loss for words. It seems we have lost one of our beloved forum friends, Lucky, to cancer this past week. He was such a classy, clever, and witty friend to so many of us, and I know I will miss him dearly. His passing serves as a reminder to cherish our friends and loved ones and make the most of our time together.

RIP my friend - thanks for your friendship, I will never forget you.

NYwdwfan

I have no words to describe the empty feeling inside at the loss of a cherished friend who I honestly interacted with more on this site than many of my closest friends and family members in the “real” world. Truly one of the smartest people I have ever known. My thoughts are with his family. He truly loved them so much. I’ll miss you @Lucky . Thanks for the laughs, the fun facts and the baseball cards.

Sans Souci

Oh, wow. I am so sorry to read this. I didn't know him the way others in this thread did, but I enjoyed his pithy and witty comments. I'll definitely light a candle for Lucky and his family today.

My condolences to his friends here at Magic, too. I'm sorry for your loss.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Yes, indeed.. I never met him, but, we had many humorous back and forth discussions over the years. At my age it seems that everyone that made me laugh or made me think or even just felt warm, is dying off. It is the cycle of life, but, it is the part of the cycle that truly sucks. He always seemed to have one of the funniest one liners for every occasion. Yes, he will surely be missed. 😞

prberk

Sad. I am glad, however, to have crossed his path. He was fun.

There was an old spiritual that comes to mind in some times like this, when the "good ones" seem to go too soon. Don't remember the name of it, but it was about a young person passing away; and its power has stayed with me. It essentially said that the author was thankful for even the little amount of time that the Lord "lent him to us"... somehow I feel the same when I hear this. Although I would certainly like to see us all have more time, I am nonetheless thankful for the time we did have.

May God be with his family and friends, and may his memory abide with them.

Nemo14

Original Poster
Sad. I am glad, however, to have crossed his path. He was fun.

There was an old spiritual that comes to mind in some times like this, when the "good ones" seem to go too soon. Don't remember the name of it, but it was about a young person passing away; and its power has stayed with me. It essentially said that the author was thankful for even the little amount of time that the Lord "lent him to us"... somehow I feel the same when I hear this. Although I would certainly like to see us all have more time, I am nonetheless thankful for the time we did have.

May God be with his family and friends, and may his memory abide with them.

That was so beautiful, Paul. Thanks so much for reminding us.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom