Sad News About Planned September 2019 Trip

yensid67

I just wanted to let you guys know that my last and final trip that was suppose to take place in September 2019 has now been confirmed and canceled! Ther4e is no hope in salvaging it in any way! I have enjoyed my time on the board, giving advice and making friends. I will pop in once in awhile, but not as often as I did(everyday!). I am a little sad abut the decision, but I have my eye on the prize...since I won't be going "home", I have decided to continue to save each week as usual but with the goal to buy a new, used car in July 2020! Waiting until then gives me a good strong $2,000.00-$3,000.00 to go in with! I guess a new car is more important!? (I keep telling myself that and maybe I'll believe it!) If anyone needs help planning your trip, I will be more than happy to help you in anyway I can, although I am a novice, there are many others on here that can be more helpful...kingdom konsultants raise your hands! Take care, and be kind to one another!
~Will

I am Timmy

Sorry to hear you have to cancel. Perhaps you will be able to plan a visit after your car dreams come true? I never say never, or "last trip", just postponed. And I hope you stick around, if you decide to plan another visit one day, you'll be really far behind all the news and updates! That's why I keep coming, even if I'm not planning a trip, I still feel connected and stay in the know for "possible" future adventures!

Upvote 0

JohnD

I just wanted to let you guys know that my last and final trip that was suppose to take place in September 2019 has now been confirmed and canceled! Ther4e is no hope in salvaging it in any way! I have enjoyed my time on the board, giving advice and making friends. I will pop in once in awhile, but not as often as I did(everyday!). I am a little sad abut the decision, but I have my eye on the prize...since I won't be going "home", I have decided to continue to save each week as usual but with the goal to buy a new, used car in July 2020! Waiting until then gives me a good strong $2,000.00-$3,000.00 to go in with! I guess a new car is more important!? (I keep telling myself that and maybe I'll believe it!) If anyone needs help planning your trip, I will be more than happy to help you in anyway I can, although I am a novice, there are many others on here that can be more helpful...kingdom konsultants raise your hands! Take care, and be kind to one another!
~Will

You're doing the right thing -- taking care of priorities first, sometimes called the four walls -- Food, Clothing, Home (mortgage/rent/utilities), and Transportation. AND saving up for it too will make the trip more enjoyable. No worries about how to pay for it when you go.

Upvote 0

yensid67

Original Poster
THANKS FOR YOUR KIND WORDS! I will stick around but it just won't be everyday! Probably once a week to keep up with everything!

If you need help in planning or need advice, do not hesitate to PM me and we can chat more privately!

Upvote 0

yensid67

Original Poster
Right, nedboy43! And besides I think a Disney trip is not worth it(to me). I have to save for years in order to have a week of magic, and even then I am stretching my budget to be happy for just a week! That's why I said this was my last trip...because its too expensive! I will miss it, but over the years, Disney has lost its appeal. I always thought that Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade was actually LIVE, back when it was an actual parade! Working for Disney I saw the behind the scenes and saw how the magic was done! I saw Mickey with no head, I saw parade performers in less than Disney antics!(LOL) I saw the real side of other Cast Members than what they showed to guests on stage! I am waiting to see how much ticket prices are going to go up just before SW:GE opens! Disneyland raised their prices just before they opened and it has been an uproar since!

Upvote 0

Leo!

Sorry that your trip was cancelled!. Disney is now more and more expensive every year and sometimes we've to re-plan our priorities (more if you went to DW several times).

Good luck!

Upvote 0

wendysue

~Will

It's been over a year now since we got "priced" out of Disney. I thought it was the end of the world :eek: last year when I couldn't spend my days planning our next trip, but now it's really much easier. In the last year I realized it's never going to be affordable again, as they find a new way to charge extra for things that used to be part of the experience. You now have to pay extra to go early or stay late, etc. Today I checked out what it would cost to get a room only reservation for just a couple days, and found out that you cannot book Magical Express unless you have park tickets attached to your reservation! We have gone several times with just a room only and got to use ME so that was new.

You are doing the right thing by saving up for a car. I promise that after awhile it won't sting as much. I just can't figure out how they so thoroughly brainwash us all....o_O

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

It's been over a year now since we got "priced" out of Disney. I thought it was the end of the world :eek: last year when I couldn't spend my days planning our next trip, but now it's really much easier. In the last year I realized it's never going to be affordable again, as they find a new way to charge extra for things that used to be part of the experience. You now have to pay extra to go early or stay late, etc. Today I checked out what it would cost to get a room only reservation for just a couple days, and found out that you cannot book Magical Express unless you have park tickets attached to your reservation! We have gone several times with just a room only and got to use ME so that was new.

You are doing the right thing by saving up for a car. I promise that after awhile it won't sting as much. I just can't figure out how they so thoroughly brainwash us all....o_O
That’s not true. You can still book Magical Express without tickets. And Extra Magic Hours are still “free”. But it certainly is more expensive each year to go.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member

That’s not correct about Magical Express. Who told you that?

Upvote 0

wendysue

We were thinking of going down in April for just 2 nights, room only and when I went to the booking site, it said that I could not request ME without having park tickets.

I'm sure I could just call and get it taken care of but decided to stick with my plan not to go back. (Going to Orlando, just not to WDW)

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
We were thinking of going down in April for just 2 nights, room only and when I went to the booking site, it said that I could not request ME without having park tickets.

So you had a linked reservation but it still stopped you booking? I never have tickets linked when I book my DVC stays (not an AP holder), and have never had a problem.

This is the link to book it online.

Upvote 0

wendysue

So you had a linked reservation but it still stopped you booking? I never have tickets linked when I book my DVC stays (not an AP holder), and have never had a problem.

This is the link to book it online.

Thank you. We have some tickets left over from a previous trip that was canceled, so if we do decide to go I will use that. :)

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
@yensid67 I am so sorry to hear that you had to cancel your trip! Just remember that it's for a good reason. Get that car and then perhaps the trip can happen in a couple of years. Hang in there and stay on the forums!

Pam

Upvote 0

StarWarsGirl

~Will
So sorry to hear that you had to cancel your trip. Working vehicles are definitely more important.

As others have said though, never say never. Maybe by 2021 or 2022 there will be enough new stuff and you'll be in a better position financially to go again. :)

Upvote 0

yensid67

Original Poster
Thanks PAM & StarWarsGirl, I appreciate your words! But I am getting too old(52) it takes too much time to save(being in Disability) and saving for ears just isn't worth it anymore! If it was Disney World in 1998...I would no doubt plan a trip

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Thanks PAM & StarWarsGirl, I appreciate your words! But I am getting too old(52) it takes too much time to save(being in Disability) and saving for ears just isn't worth it anymore! If it was Disney World in 1998...I would no doubt plan a trip
Never say never! Hang in there and get that car.

Pam

Upvote 0

yensid67

Original Poster
Never say never! Hang in there and get that car.

Pam
I just worked up a 40 Week $1,000.00 SAVINGS PLAN for that car down payment...just have to stick to it! I am leaning toward NEVER! But its OK, I am going to have something that is needed as a reward for not going to WDW! I'm thinking about either a small truck, or a Mini Van/SUV for moving purposes!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom