Sad Day for us we just canceled our October trip for this year.

jdnetone

:( We just felt like canceling our trip was what we needed to do. My wife and I are in our sixties with some conditions that puts us in a higher risk for covid-19 and we would be flying down. We love our trips together to Disney World. We may be older but we have a blast and feel at home when we go.
Sorry for the rant just feeling down.

Now I will have to start planning for Next year that will help.

James

wendysue

We feel your pain. We don't feel comfortable going now either. We moved our trips twice and then finally canceled also. Hopefully next year is better and you can get back to the place you love. :)

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Been there. Nothing worse than a Disney trip that disappears, no matter what the reason. Another year allows you to save more, plan more things and have a better trip. Some of the things youd be missing out on from construction and Covid will possibly be back. Heres to a better 2021 for us all.

Upvote 0

StarshipDisney

I'm with you. I'm 60 and my wife is 56. We also want to avoid COVID and did not feel good about going down to Florida right now. We canceled our Contemporary reservation for September and rescheduled for September 2021. I also guess I could not personally justify the cost of the Contemporary Resort what with the reduced park hours, reduced dining options, reduced menus, no tours, no dessert parties, no fireworks, etc.

It did make me feel a little better knowing that Disney is simply a diminished vacation right now...and I know that I probably would have come back complaining to myself that it was not worth the cost. While that cannot fully erase the pain of our first ever Disney trip cancellation and the agony of wanting so badly to go, we are just looking forward to next year and hoping that things will get better by then.

Upvote 0

ELG13

I feel your pain. We've had to cancel several over the last few years, most recently in March because not covid. I will tell you, the time passed quickly though! We have a week in April coming up.

Upvote 0

Raxel7851

I’m with the OP. My wife and I are very active 60 somethings, but we’re still heading down to the Contemporary in a couple of weeks. The only reason we are is that we have a small RV to drive. We’ll be staying in campgrounds each way. That means cooking, showering and rest breaks will all be in our own environment. We’re not ready to stay in I-95 hotels just yet. We are however comfortable in how Disney is operating. Renting an RV James could be an option if you really wanted to go. It would be another added adventure. We may end up canceling our December visit because our RV will be winterized.

Upvote 0

yensid67

I'm with you, too! Our trip isn't happening until September 2022 and even now I am unsure of how things will look to even start to plan at this moment. Once things HOPEFULLY calm down and a little bit of normalcy gets back, I don't think its feasible FOR ME to do anything right now other than watch everything from the back of the room!

Upvote 0

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

You did well. NO Very Merry XMAS Party - confirmed today. We cancelled MONTHS ago - booked for APR 2021, and with NEW GPs? We can cancel that - loosing about $200 in Airfare credits.

Dec 2020? We will book at 11 months (DVC Home Resort), for NOV 2021.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom