?'s on flying

hrmom26

Original Poster
I'm sorry if these are stupid questions but i have only flew i couple of times and can't remember witch is true. i wasn't sure if you can not use any electronic stuff e.g. portable DVD player, CD player, cell phone etc. at all on the flight or is it just during takeoff and landing? my daughter wanted to bring her portable DVD player with her to watch on the plane.

AliciaLuvzDizne

hrmom26 said:
I'm sorry if these are stupid questions but i have only flew i couple of times and can't remember witch is true. i wasn't sure if you can not use any electronic stuff e.g. portable DVD player, CD player, cell phone etc. at all on the flight or is it just during takeoff and landing? my daughter wanted to bring her portable DVD player with her to watch on the plane.
you can use it once you reach cruising altitude. they must be off during take off and landing
:D

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
As I recall, you can use electronic equipment that doesn't transmit [CD/DVD players, etc.] in flight, but not during take-off and landing. Cell phones or other equipment that transmits [Blackberry's, etc.] should not be turned on while on the aircraft. Laptops that do not transmit are ok in flight. I'm not sure about WiFi-enabled laptops, presumably they transmit, therefore wouldn't be allowed, buty I honestly don't know.

RonAnnArbor

You can use any of the DVD/CD players, handheld games, iPods, palms, etc. You can use laptops even with wifi enabled - because they DONT work in the air you need a wifi signal for them to connect (someday, they will - most airlines are jumping onboard the wifi-for-pay bandwagon),You can not use tv's, satelite radios, cell phones, or pagers. The plane will announce when it is safe to use them, and they will announce when you muct turn them off again. Make sure your daughter knows that she may be asked to turn it off a good 20 minutes before you land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom