Running Through New Fantasyland and Pandora

MKCP 1985

Original Poster
With today's surprise news of the Disney's Animal Kingdom Park taking on an expansion to create James Cameron's Avatar vision of a mythical planet, it looks like Disney Marathon runners will have more than just a Fantasyland expansion to look forward to in future years.

I'd already figured out that I couldn't run the 2012 Disney Marathon but was looking forward to running through the new Fantasyland part of the Magic Kingdom in 2013 or 2014. Now it looks like we can go blue for Avatar-land beginning in 2017 or 2018. :king:

Running through the Disney parks is what makes the Walt Disney World marathon my favorite, and there is constantly something new to look forward to. Keep running! :wave:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
With today's surprise news of the Disney's Animal Kingdom Park taking on an expansion to create James Cameron's Avatar vision of a mythical planet, it looks like Disney Marathon runners will have more than just a Fantasyland expansion to look forward to in future years.

I'd already figured out that I couldn't run the 2012 Disney Marathon but was looking forward to running through the new Fantasyland part of the Magic Kingdom in 2013 or 2014. Now it looks like we can go blue for Avatar-land beginning in 2017 or 2018. :king:

Running through the Disney parks is what makes the Walt Disney World marathon my favorite, and there is constantly something new to look forward to. Keep running! :wave:
I agree. My favorite event to this day was the Wine and Dine (my only Disney race). AK was just fabulous to run through around 10:20 that night.

One day Ill make it down for the regular Disney Full.

SleepingMonk

It would be a great fit for something geared more toward the Expedition Everest type adventure race.

I would love to do something a little more challenging like a Warrior Dash or Spartan Race at Disney.

Avatar/Pandora would fit that formula very well.

MKCP 1985

Original Poster
It would be a great fit for something geared more toward the Expedition Everest type adventure race.

I would love to do something a little more challenging like a Warrior Dash or Spartan Race at Disney.

Avatar/Pandora would fit that formula very well.

Another area that would be great for a Warrior Dash/Spartan Race or Zombie Run would be Fort Wilderness. That place is creepy already with those big swamp rats chasing kids around the camp fires stealing their s'mores! *shudder*

Phonedave

I agree. My favorite event to this day was the Wine and Dine (my only Disney race). AK was just fabulous to run through around 10:20 that night.

I am kind of excited to see what (if any) improvements they did this year.

AK is going to be cramped, there is no getting around that (it was cramped for the full Marathon as well) but the finish line improvements and after party improvements look promising.

Maybe some better lighting in spots as well ? That would make me happy.

10 days from now I'll see.

-dave

-dave

Blueliner

Those red "fangs" that they used to light up the trails were awesome!

MKCP 1985

Original Poster
Those red "fangs" that they used to light up the trails were awesome!

sorry for the blurry photo, but I was semi-running at the time :lol

47055_1543262814851_1033398114_1524016_1908256_n.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom