Trip Report Running from the rain: A two Goofs TR.*COMPLETE*

Hello again my friends and fellow magicians. It’s me Loco, here with another TR from February 2020. Lets get you filled in on some trip details, shall we?

Who: Myself and my much better half, my wife A.
9A1C1898-9B7D-4E90-8EDD-1F114CC83110.jpeg

Bonus points to anyone who can tell me where this very old picture was taken.

Where: Old key west resort studio, located somewhere near Tampa I believe. More on that later.

When: February 19-22, princess half weekend. We were not participating in any of those events though!

Why: A was free for a few days, I was free for a few days, why not?

Just a bit of background.

Things at home have been very stressful for us for the last month or so. Things at my job are changing quickly, and not necessarily for the better(this seems to be an issue with many people recently). Needless to say I’ve been in dire need of a getaway.

The weather in our neck of the woods has also really been crummy lately. It hasn’t been overly cold, but it just won’t stop raining! It has rained nearly every day since about mid January, with the exception of one brilliant weekend of super bowl Sunday. We were ever hopeful we’d be able to catch some Florida sunshine!

We originally had pop century booked for this trip. However, after joining DVC last December, and after many attempts, I was able to get a relatively last minute reservation at OKW using our points instead. Neither of us had ever stayed here, and were interested to see how we’d like it.

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Oh, I almost forgot to tell you: at OKW, Peninsular Road, Buildings 23-26 are a good location to request, if you'd like to be closer to Hospitality House next September. ;)
Noted.

We didn’t put in any requests this trip, and were punished harshly. The distance to hospitality house didn’t bother me as much as the constant road noise!
Enjoyed following along very much, thanks for sharing!
Thank you very much! Always glad to have your input. Hope your family is doing well!

Minnesota disney fan

I'm late to this because...…......… We took over when you left! We arrived on FEb 25th to March 4th. Guess what? It was still Cold, until it finally warmed up for the last few days! It was really crowded for us too. We had fun and managed to use our 3 fp's and some standby's. We found it crowded in every park at any time we were there. We have been there at this time of year before and we have never seen such crowds. But even with the cold and crowds, we managed to have a great time. I did not take one picture this trip, BUT did take a few of SWGE, so I guess I lied? :)

Anyway thanks for the great trip report with little forky!

Loco_driver

Original Poster
I'm late to this because...…......… We took over when you left! We arrived on FEb 25th to March 4th. Guess what? It was still Cold, until it finally warmed up for the last few days! It was really crowded for us too. We had fun and managed to use our 3 fp's and some standby's. We found it crowded in every park at any time we were there. We have been there at this time of year before and we have never seen such crowds. But even with the cold and crowds, we managed to have a great time. I did not take one picture this trip, BUT did take a few of SWGE, so I guess I lied? :)

Anyway thanks for the great trip report with little forky!
Being at WDW is a good excuse to be late! Glad you managed to have a great trip!

Loco_driver

Original Poster

Loco_driver

Original Poster
The baseball nerd in me has long wanted to take a trip to Boston to visit Fenway park(among many other things). We almost pulled the trigger on a 4 day ABD in Boston for this spring, but life got in the way. You’re right, flight prices to the Pacific Northwest are prohibitively expensive. Pretty much the only reason why we’ve never been either.

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Seattle and Boston have both been thrown around. Even with all of the travel paranoia the flight prices to Seattle are pretty steep though. We are also considering re-visiting Denver or Toronto. Or I have been thinking about visiting my friend Darstarr. We could go to the beach and the city. See a Broadway show. Plus, she’s really cool to hang out with.
😉

Loco_driver

Original Poster
My oh my have things changed since we finished this TR! I hope all of you are doing well, and staying safe. What has everyone been doing to pass the time? I was working, but the economy finally caught up to me too, and I’m currently furloughed. No worries though, we’ll be just fine!

I was considering starting a pre trip thread for our planned trip in July, but I just have no faith in that happening. So I decided to bump this old thread instead. I may share some of our outdoor adventures on here from time to time, or some other completely random thing. Anyways I hope you all are doing well, and can’t wait to see some of you in the parks some day!
71BD50C6-887E-457A-AF0F-133E5A3FAF25.jpeg

Taken at the top of rich mountain Arkansas last weekend. The doggo is a natural mountaineer!

FFC8DC71-5EC9-4AEB-9838-9FDA0E4AEAB3.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom