Runners, Take Your Mark! 2009 Marathon Weekend

SpongeScott

Original Poster
We're 3.5 weeks away from the marathon runs and if you're running, I hope your training is going well as you move into the last stages of training.

How about a roll call of wdwmagicers that are running?

I'll be wearing #34702 for the half.

:wave:

gatordoc

Training is going well for the marathon this year (in fact, it seems downright easy after the Goofy training last year). Will be running the Jacksonville half marathon this Sunday - fits right into my training regimen after the last long run last weekend. Looking forward to some cold weather at WDW (please!) this year...

phenom1307

Bib# 1531 for the full, I'm a little nervous about it...my training hasn't been going as well as I had hope cause of weather, school, and mild leg injuries.

I have a question for spectators: My parents will be down with me and were hoping to watch some of the race, they were wondering if there was any type of transportation to some viewing locations, like a bus or something, or if they would have to provide their own way of getting there?

SpongeScott

Original Poster
Bib# 1531 for the full, I'm a little nervous about it...my training hasn't been going as well as I had hope cause of weather, school, and mild leg injuries.

I have a question for spectators: My parents will be down with me and were hoping to watch some of the race, they were wondering if there was any type of transportation to some viewing locations, like a bus or something, or if they would have to provide their own way of getting there?
Drive your car or monorail to different locations. There is no bus service.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
#43572 for the half.

You should be able to easily spot me. I'll be the fat old man desperately trying to stay one step ahead of the "sweep crew".:lookaroun

chaggy102

Have bib 12902 for the full...have no idea how I'm going to do as training hasn't gone well with an injury I had last month and that's really prevented me from running more than 2 miles...but hey you only live once so I'm ready for next Sunday.

JimboJones123

I'm running the Half.

This is my first race in competition since I was six years old and I did the Father/Son fun run 2 miler.

I'm now 31.5 and am looking at a 2:40-2:50. I finished a 10 in 115 minutes tonight and have one more run Tuesday night.

I'll be the one in BRIGHT RED HAIR and a Pinnoccio T-Shirt. I'll load a pic later.

QUESTION:
My Dad is running as well and doesn't want to do his waiver online. Will that be a problem?

lentesta

Premium Member
I'm 13,553 for the full. As this is my first full, I'm hoping for < 5 hours.

I've run two Disney 1/2-marathons. They're a hoot. Good luck to everyone!

Len

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom