Pre-Trip Runners Assemble - a Family Christmas and runDisneyland Adventure

"Wait - WHO is this person coming out of the woodwork out of nowhere? We haven't seen her in like two years!"

I'm a horrible forum person it seems. At least I became one once I moved to Orlando and started working for the MouseHouse last year. And then becoming a teacher made it ten times worse!

I kinda disappeared since this: Tower 2012 TR

But I'm back! Because I have a trip planned that doesn't require me to just drive 10 minutes away from where I work. And it's my first Disneyland trip. For my fourth runDisney race - the Inaugural Avengers Half Marathon.

Sooo, for those of you who don't know me, I'll introduce myself in just a few moments. For those of you that DO know me from here (but are one of the few that aren't connected to me somehow in Social Media), you have a big surprise coming for you in a minute.

WITHOUT FURTHER ADO...

The Cast
Me

10174802_10202968677873202_8652650783073989447_n.jpg

I'm the one in the front. Courtney, 25, Orlando transplant who moved here in 2013 to work as a DCP kid. I teach 5th grade Science, and am going to grad school as well as planning a wedding to that guy behind me (!!!).

Him
That boy is Shaun, my other/better half. He's the Fitz to my Simmons (as per our MNSSHP costumes from a month ago). For those of you who remember me via here from previous TRs, namely this one, will remember a very different guy hanging around (named Dan). We broke up due to the distance and wanting different things, and I met Shaun right around the same time (at Downtown Disney, while I was working). A few months later, we started dating (via an asking out using Lady and the Tramp) and now a year and a half later I couldn't be happier with it all.

Especially when this happened last month:
10254981_10202969713179084_8497392674531257722_n.jpg

(This was how Agents of SHIELD Season 2 should have started)

The other two members of our party
10628473_915097825185490_5347141928200599902_n.jpg

My parents. Mom is just along for the ride, Dad is doing the 1/2 marathon along with Shaun and I. They are also on for their first trip to California (my mother is freaking out about it- not in a good way).

When
November 13-18

Where
Peacock Suites Resort in Anaheim.

How
Flying in and out of Orlando (I believe their are layovers somewhere along the way - and an overnight flight coming home).

Celebrating
Christmas, the new Avengers race, Shaun's birthday, and just family time!

What are we doing while we're there?
This is probably the least prepared for a Disney Trip I've EVER been in my life, but that's because the planning was all done by everyone but me! I'm going to talk to the Father and the Fiance and find out what information they have as to what days we're doing which.

But... any suggestions for a newbie to the West Coast would be fantab! ;)

Countdown: 18 days!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
COURTNEY!!!! You're back!!! YAY!!!

How awesome that you are running a half AND taking your first DLR trip at the same time! DLR is awesome! You're going to love it :)

I needed an outlet for all of this pent-up stress that grad school/teaching/wedding has brought on (mostly teaching), so had to put it somewhere! ;)

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
got some flight updates!
On Thursday the 13th, the fiance and I are flying out of MCO at 7am to arrive in LA at 9:40 (5 hours... :eek: )
Coming back.... leaving LAX at 9:50pm, to arrive at MCO at 5:20am. Why we thought that was a good idea I'll never know. But we took the day off of work to sleep anyway. And to celebrate Shaun's birthday a day early!

The parent units are going to be flying in and out of Delaware with a layover. Mom is freaking out about being on a plane and is hoping for an ebola closure before we go... :rolleyes:

WishIWasAtWDW

Welcome back! :D Congratulations on the engagement! And, oh my goodness. I am in love with your Halloween costumes! Fitz/Simmons are my favorite! They need to hurry up and get together on the show.

That's so exciting about your first trip to Disneyland and running the Avengers Half Marathon! I bet that race will be really cool.

I can't wait to read your trip report!

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
Welcome back! :D Congratulations on the engagement! And, oh my goodness. I am in love with your Halloween costumes! Fitz/Simmons are my favorite! They need to hurry up and get together on the show.

That's so exciting about your first trip to Disneyland and running the Avengers Half Marathon! I bet that race will be really cool.

I can't wait to read your trip report!

Agreed! They really do... and it was kinda really fun to walk down Main Street following Groot pretending like I was trying to get a sample for the lab. :D

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
I had to go through today and tell my students (gently) that next week and the week after they would be missing their "favorite teacher" for two days each week. It was not a fun experience, and their responses mean I'm going to have a LOT of upset kids between now and next Wednesday (ahhhh so soon!).

The parents have been on the phone with Shaun and I a lot over the trip as well... trying to figure out passes, schedules, food, etc. Currently, it sounds like:

Thursday - fly in, get settled, enjoy DTD and the pool.
Friday - expo (Dad wants to be in line an hour early :rolleyes:), and then find something to do until the Pasta Party
Saturday - I have a 5k to run :cautious: and then we'll be spending some time at one of the two parks (it's still unclear where to)
Sunday - half marathon day :confused: and time at the other park. We're talking about maybe brunch at Goofy's Kitchen because Dad is a super big Goofy fan.
Monday - Universal Hollywood! Shaun works at Universal here on the Hogwarts Express, so he can trade in his free tickets for some California tickets. This is probably the only thing my mom is excited for... and then we'll be back off to the airport to come home overnight.
Tuesday - I told Shaun that we need to go to WDW so that I can make sure that I'm "home" once again! :D

Shaun's goals: Meet Oswald, Ride Haunted Mansion Holiday, and get his Avengers Medal. Mine: ride Tower. And anything Walt had a hand in originally creating.

So, we have a basic sketch outlined finally... but not the specific details! If anyone has suggestions on food/rides/ANYTHING that would be superb!

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
Prepping for the trip out (aka, making sub plans and a test for my students... boo!), so figured one last update before we go :)

The current plans:
Thursday - fly in, get acquainted in the hotel, do Christmas with the parents, and go to Downtown Disney for dinner.
Friday - expo in the am, followed by Pasta Party and some time in DCA
Saturday - 5k for me in the morning, followed by breakfast at Storytellers Cafe and a day at Disneyland.
Sunday - Smash the Half! and another day at DCA with lunch at Trattoria and World of Color.
Monday - Universal Hollywood thanks to Shaun's work tickets... or Disneyland again if it doesn't go through, and then flying back home.
Tuesday - arrive back at MCO at 5am and either going for a nap or over to Studios for a few hours before my class. We'll see what happens!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom