runDisney

MKCP 1985

Original Poster
Their logo is pretty cool, and Disney is all about making money. If you question that, just look at the cost of registration for the Goofy Challenge.

So the question is, why is there no place to purchase runDisney logo wear?

images

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Their logo is pretty cool, and Disney is all about making money. If you question that, just look at the cost of registration for the Goofy Challenge.

So the question is, why is there no place to purchase runDisney logo wear?

images
Im not sure Doug but I would love a t-shirt. If you ever see them out and about at the expo's, pick me up a medium tshirt and Ill mail you the cash. ;)

dreamfinder

I know they have made it. In October I was at Epcot the Friday morning before W&D 1/2 for rope drop, and saw 20-30 people wearing runDisney tech shirts trickle out over a period of time. Not sure if they had a early morning pre event breakfast, or if they were working on setting up the finish area, but stuff does exist. Doesn't mean the general public can buy it though. But give Disney time, they sell anything they think they can make a buck off of.

MCC1

The people with the RunDisney shirts at W&D ran with Galloway Friday morning @ EPCOT, got selected through some lottery...& got shirts....so no, none of the merchandise was available, and many of us where looking for it...very surprised...(personally that would have been the only way I would have run with Galloway is if I got a shirt...but to each their own..)

srhrunner

My son and I were down at Disney for the W&D and we also could not find any of the Run Disney shirts. As mentioned, we did see them on a few of the volunteers, but could not find any on sale at the expo, or the ESPN store at the stadium...

disneygirlinnj

Hey guys :) Just saw this post... I was one of the people that you saw that Friday morning wearing the runDisney shirt at Epcot. And yup, it was for the Jeff Galloway event. We also asked why we can't buy the shirts yet and they said that they weren't made soon enough so at the time, they only made a hundred or two just to give to employees, volunteers, and I guess us. They said they SHOULD have them all for sale, as well as different merchandise by the next race....so hopefully they'll be around in January!

disneygirlinnj

I am thinking there will be merchandise at the Marathon Weekend in January. Take a look at this link for the program. This is the page with the Expo layout. runDisney has a booth.

I have a feeling they will be selling merchandise if they have a booth at Expo wouldn't you think??

I hope so at least!

http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/media/ewwos/pdf/sports/rundisney/WDW11Program.pdf

You would think so!! I wonder if it's just a booth to register for other disney races though like they had at Wine & Dine. There's a few big races that set up booths to promote the race and get some registrations (Muddy Buddy, Marine Corps, etc). Crossing my fingers though they sell merchandise!!

MKCP 1985

Original Poster
I am thinking there will be merchandise at the Marathon Weekend in January. Take a look at this link for the program. This is the page with the Expo layout. runDisney has a booth.

I have a feeling they will be selling merchandise if they have a booth at Expo wouldn't you think??

I hope so at least!

http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/media/ewwos/pdf/sports/rundisney/WDW11Program.pdf

All I recall them selling in their booth at the Wine & Dine was registrations to the other races. Then again, the overall merchandise at Wine & Dine was the least I've seen at any Disney races since I started doing these things 3 years ago.

lukacseven

I would purchase a runDisney shirt if they were offered.

I don't recall ever seeing RunDisney merchandise at the January Marathon Expo. They do have a large section with official race merchandise for the half, full and Goofy for purchase...cotton t-shirts, tech shirts, sweat shirts, jackets, hats, visors, pants, plush toys, photo frames, key chains, glassware...you get the idea. The tech clothing is Champion.

speck76

I don't recall ever seeing RunDisney merchandise at the January Marathon Expo. They do have a large section with official race merchandise for the half, full and Goofy for purchase...cotton t-shirts, tech shirts, sweat shirts, jackets, hats, visors, pants, plush toys, photo frames, key chains, glassware...you get the idea. The tech clothing is Champion.

The runDisney brand was really created last spring after the race season.....they may have some branded clothing at the expo this year.

MKCP 1985

Original Poster
There was a lot of runDisney logo incorporated into the clothing, but it was hard to find anything that said only "runDisney" at the expo. I did take a couple photos that I will post later of a couple good looking pieces of clothing.

On Saturday, just before reaching the Magic Kingdom, I ran up on a guy wearing a runDisney jacket unlike any I'd seen for sale. I ran over to himand yelled, "Nice jacket," and to my surprise, the guy was Al Roker of the Today show. :lol: He was a little short of breath, but did yell back some thanks. I am guessing that jacket did not come from the general merchandise racks at the Expo. :lol:

Interesting, this year the mylar blankets at the finish line simply had the runDisney logo with no mention of the name of the race or sponsor. I'm guessing we will see more of those, and that's fine. They look good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom