Just posted on their Twitter page. Expect news tomorrow

Attachments

• 8E462885-FAD7-43FC-BA77-E069C62D7AD3.jpeg
    8E462885-FAD7-43FC-BA77-E069C62D7AD3.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

EPCOT-O.G.

Original Poster
I dunno. I still think theres time for them to announce a marathon in 2022. Has to happen soon though.

I feel like this art suggests a Lion King theme?

Surferboy567

I thought last year’s virtual series medals were excellent.
They were! Some of the best medals. We just had princess so hoping we get unique themes in the vain of last year’s unique theme. Even if it isn’t park based I perfer the unique virtual themes. Wouldn’t mind another park theme though.

Surferboy567

Seeing lots of comments saying Lion King. That seems likely for a theme. That sounds cool, and unique depending on what they are going for.

Going by the art, I am leaning toward Lion King the MIGHTY text also matches. Only other themes I could see matching the art is Moana, Tiki Room, and possibly Hercules. Which don’t seem likely so leaning toward Lion King.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Seeing lots of comments saying Lion King. That seems likely for a theme. That sounds cool, and unique depending on what they are going for.

Going by the art, I am leaning toward Lion King the MIGHTY text also matches. Only other themes I could see matching the art is Moana, Tiki Room, and possibly Hercules. Which don’t seem likely so leaning toward Lion King.
A Mighty Prince Theme? Thou Hercules was not a prince.
Moana would be a big tie-in with the Poly refurbishment and Epcot's new attraction.
Tiki Room would be a nod to MK 50th, each medal a different bird.
Lion King, when I heard mighty I thought Sinba

Surferboy567

A Mighty Prince Theme? Thou Hercules was not a prince.
Moana would be a big tie-in with the Poly refurbishment and Epcot's new attraction.
Tiki Room would be a nod to MK 50th, each medal a different bird.
Lion King, when I heard mighty I thought Sinba
Not sure how the art ties in with Prince. Probably a no on that possibility.

Reason why I said Herc is because the art reminds me of the Muses.

The art really reminds me of Festival of the Lion King. Probably a general Lion King theme. I see this as a very likely candidate.

Moana and Tiki Room same reason as Herc. General theme of the art matches. Mighty doesn’t fit as well.

Remember, it has to be a theme that can sustain a whole challenge.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Not sure how the art ties in with Prince. Probably a no on that possibility.

Reason why I said Herc is because the art reminds me of the Muses.

The art really reminds me of Festival of the Lion King. Probably a general Lion King theme. I see this as a very likely candidate.

Moana and Tiki Room same reason as Herc. General theme of the art matches. Mighty doesn’t fit as well.

Remember, it has to be a theme that can sustain a whole challenge.
I keep singing this and keep coming back to Festival of the Lion King Theme
"I'm gonna be a mighty King, so enemies beware"

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Love this Theme!!!!
"This summer, join runDisney in celebrating 6 years of the runDisney Virtual Series as we honor the timeless majesty of The Lion King with 3 wild and wonderful 5Ks. So, put on your manes and tails and prepare to rule the road, sidewalk or treadmill. Each event features a medal inspired by The Lion King, and if you run all 3, a fourth runDisney Virtual Challenge medal is yours! You can even download a themed bib and a Virtual Series at-home tool kit that includes a starting line, finishing line and printable mile markers."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom