runDisney Star Wars Events

RememberWhen

Kids shirts and medals arrived today! They’re pretty happy.
244063D6-BF95-4AB2-9448-73597F51A0FB.jpeg

Figment82

I like this idea. It’s sort of where the Disneyland Half Weekend went, with the changing themes for the shorter races. And W&D not knowing if it wants to be food, travel, or villains themed. They can have an event around a recent movie release without committing to a multi-year thing. I also like that it’s early April next year. 😂

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I like this idea. It’s sort of where the Disneyland Half Weekend went, with the changing themes for the shorter races. And W&D not knowing if it wants to be food, travel, or villains themed. They can have an event around a recent movie release without committing to a multi-year thing. I also like that it’s early April next year. 😂

March 31st to April 3rd.

Ummm, April Fool's...

Rteetz

Working on a project. I have all of the Dark Side/Rival Run pricing. However I am looking to fill in Light Side pricing if anyone has that. I currently have 2015 and 2018 pricing.

OG Runner

Honestly, I am thinking they may do something like a Pixar race. (Medals themed to Toy Story, The Incredibles, etc.)
Early Disney movies. (Snow White, Pinnochio, Jungle Book) The second golden era. (Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Beauty
& the Beast), They could even through in Star Wars again. (I am still baffled that they didn't just keep it going. )

surfsupdon

Honestly, I am thinking they may do something like a Pixar race. (Medals themed to Toy Story, The Incredibles, etc.)
Early Disney movies. (Snow White, Pinnochio, Jungle Book) The second golden era. (Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Beauty
& the Beast), They could even through in Star Wars again. (I am still baffled that they didn't just keep it going. )
Disneyland Half had a fun Pixar theme in 2017. One of my favorite medals!!F079568B-D02B-4CC9-AC46-C7BAE7B4AA22.jpegA6FBEF3D-0491-4634-887E-79BFA2DDA79C.jpeg3859DBBA-BA1E-4BC2-B6D3-2AAB339560D8.jpeg

GimpYancIent

Who’s ready for the Springtime Surprise Weekend! I’m becoming less confident they are just dropping the Rival Run but keeping Star Wars 😉
View attachment 567810

Me, Myself and I, after much sleeping on it, thinking about it and doing some running while contemplating about it have come to the conclusion the Springtime Surprise Weekend is a cheap, poor retheme choice. Taking an exciting themed event and made it bland / unexciting. :grumpy:

EPCOT-O.G.

Me, Myself and I, after much sleeping on it, thinking about it and doing some running while contemplating about it have come to the conclusion the Springtime Surprise Weekend is a cheap, poor retheme choice. Taking an exciting themed event and made it bland / unexciting. :grumpy:
Likely medals:

Broken Paperboy from Spaceship Earth
Strobe light Yeti
Drew Carey AA from DCA
Rocket Rod ride vehicle

dreamfinder

Look at it the other way. It lets them have an event themed to the flavor of the month, IE whatever hot property they want to profit off of, without having to explain why it's got a different event name each year. They can change all the distance characters and such, without having to change the name. OR they can bust out smaller cult favorites without having to theme the whole event around them. Hitchhiking Ghosts Half, Orange Bird 10k with a Figment 5k anyone? (Making those up, don't quote me)

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Look at it the other way. It lets them have an event themed to the flavor of the month, IE whatever hot property they want to profit off of, without having to explain why it's got a different event name each year. They can change all the distance characters and such, without having to change the name. OR they can bust out smaller cult favorites without having to theme the whole event around them. Hitchhiking Ghosts Half, Orange Bird 10k with a Figment 5k anyone? (Making those up, don't quote me)
I thought the same thing, along with a tie-in with the Spring Flower & Garden Festival they can offer so much.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
OR they can bust out smaller cult favorites without having to theme the whole event around them. Hitchhiking Ghosts Half, Orange Bird 10k with a Figment 5k anyone? (Making those up, don't quote me)
I now desperately want those themes now. Perhaps a “Great Big Beautiful Challenge” for anyone that competes in all three 😁

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom