runDisney Star Wars Events

Figment82

Ran my final Star Wars Half - marking 4 in-person, 1 “honorary” (still ran last year despite the cancellation), and 1 virtual. My time was 2:47:41, just under a minute slower than my WDW Half, but I’ll take it. Had the added “benefit” of a community garage sale taking place during part of it - lots of fun dodging cars who were doing slow drive-bys. 🤪

My shins have been absolutely killing me lately and it’s been a little rough training these past few months. Over the summer, I really want to focus on recovery and trying to get into a better habit of stretching/foam rolling more frequently. I want to make sure I’m still in good condition to run when in-person Disney races return - whenever that may be!

I hope everyone had a good run, or runs, no matter where or when it occurred!

Surferboy567

They posted a Medal Spotlight on their Twitter giving us a look at the actual Rival Run challenge medal not just concept art. It also shows the Half, and 10K medals.

Surferboy567

They sent out another email thanking everyone for running the Rival Run. They give a quick update about the medals. “Remember, your out-of-this-world medals and shirts will arrive in late May”. So, it is looking like late May for medals and shirts.

They sent out another email thanking everyone for running the Rival Run. They give a quick update about the medals. “Remember, your out-of-this-world medals and shirts will arrive in late May”. So, it is looking like late May for medals and shirts.
I have a trip to Disney on May 16th, and wanted to show off my shirt and medal at rise of the resistance the following day. 😡

On a new blog post, that was just posted. They changed the timeframe to expect your medals. It reads “Be sure to be on the lookout as your out-of-this-world medals and shirts will arrive to your home in early May”.
On a new blog post, that was just posted. They changed the timeframe to expect your medals. It reads “Be sure to be on the lookout as your out-of-this-world medals and shirts will arrive to your home in early May”.
Oh no 🤦🏼‍♀️ I have no idea how I messed up on replying but I did. Please let this be true because my trip is May 16th. 🙏🏻

Surferboy567

I just checked, I too have a label from CCG!

Couple of weird things I wanted to note though:

It’s worth noting that I did the Lightspeed Kessel and the More Galaxy 5K. When I checked the details it noted that the package was 3 lbs. I never really put too much stock into the estimate but that seems low for every medal and shirt. It could be like marathon weekend and how they did Dopey? Where their were two separate boxes.

It’s also supposed to come tomorrow, but since the label was just printed I doubt it.

I just checked, I too have a label from CCG!

Couple of weird things I wanted to note though:

It’s worth noting that I did the Lightspeed Kessel and the More Galaxy 5K. When I checked the details it noted that the package was 3 lbs. I never really put too much stock into the estimate but that seems low for every medal and shirt. It could be like marathon weekend and how they did Dopey? Where their were two separate boxes.

It’s also supposed to come tomorrow, but since the label was just printed I doubt it.
Yeah each of our packages are 3 lbs as well. We didn’t do marathon weekend but did see some boxes that had the dopey challenge all in one box.

Surferboy567

Yeah each of our packages are 3 lbs as well. We didn’t do marathon weekend but did see some boxes that had the dopey challenge all in one box.
Went back and took a look at some Dopey challenge boxes. Here is how I think they seem to work.

For the medals only option - seems to be one box with the 6 medals all laid out in one box.

For the challenge shirt option - seems to also be one box with 6 medals laid out on each side with the challenge shirt in the middle.

For the medals and shirts option - seems to be two boxes first box has 5K, 10K, and Half medals and shirts. Second box seems to have the Marathon, Goofy, and Dopey medals and shirts.

Went back and took a look at some Dopey challenge boxes. Here is how I think they seem to work.

For the medals only option - seems to be one box with the 6 medals all laid out in one box.

For the challenge shirt option - seems to also be one box with 6 medals laid out on each side with the challenge shirt in the middle.

For the medals and shirts option - seems to be two boxes first box has 5K, 10K, and Half medals and shirts. Second box seems to have the Marathon, Goofy, and Dopey medals and shirts.
Yes but if you just do one event with a shirt, it comes in one box. That’s how our princess 10K packages came. Hope we can get a boarding group for rise of the resistance so we can wear them there. We’ve been practicing 😆

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom