runDisney Star Wars Events

Surferboy567

Either way, I’m running the 10K. I’m signed up for the princess 10K with tech-shirt and medal.
Yea, I thought the medal only deal wasn’t a bad deal and I really liked the look of most of the medals so went with the challenge and 5K. No shirts.

Would probably do the same for rival run...of course depending on price and funds.

Also want to see how I handle my first challenge.

Yea, I thought the medal only deal wasn’t a bad deal and I really liked the look of most of the medals so went with the challenge and 5K. No shirts.

Would probably do the same for rival run...of course depending on price and funds.
I saw a pic on google images of the event shirts for princess, and they look nothing like the tech-shirts from princess this year. They looked like cotton t-shirts without run Disney on the sleeves. Sis and I better be getting the regular tech-shirts like they had at princess of this year. These virtual races are expensive enough, so they better not cheat us.

Surferboy567

I saw a pic on google images of the event shirts for princess, and they look nothing like the tech-shirts from princess this year. They looked like cotton t-shirts without run Disney on the sleeves. Sis and I better be getting the regular tech-shirts like they had at princess of this year. These virtual races are expensive enough, so they better not cheat us.

You seem to be correct about the sleeves. Always read the blog posts.

Surferboy567

Not really sure what you mean? I see them just going as is and you would run 2 half marathons (or at least supposed too).
I am already signed up for a virtual half marathon as I’m sure others are as well (since I didn’t plan on going down to Star Wars this year) hopefully next though.

Would they give the option to fold virtual half into a kessel run? Probably for a higher price?

Rteetz

I am already signed up for a virtual half marathon as I’m sure others are as well (since I didn’t plan on going down to Star Wars this year) hopefully next though.

Would they give the option to fold virtual half into a kessel run? Probably for a higher price?
Possibly.

GimpYancIent

Possibly.
I have been signed up for the Kessel Run Challenge and am fully looking forward to pounding the pavement at WDW. This pessimism needs to become optimism. Large outdoor sporting events can happen safely, its been done and demonstrated to the world with the Tour De France. If the French can do that, well, within the WDW property bubble the races can definitely happen.

I have been signed up for the Kessel Run Challenge and am fully looking forward to pounding the pavement at WDW. This pessimism needs to become optimism. Large outdoor sporting events can happen safely, its been done and demonstrated to the world with the Tour De France. If the French can do that, well, within the WDW property bubble the races can definitely happen.
But Disney can do as they please. As we found out with marathon and princess. Even though races are happening elsewhere.

Surferboy567

I didn’t mean it as pessimism. Just curious how it would work.

Rteetz

I didn’t mean it as pessimism. Just curious how it would work.
It would take a lot of work which I think given the current state Disney is trying to avoid. Much smaller more spread out waves of people. Spectators restricted from runner areas. The list goes on. It can be done though. Space coast is going to do it.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I don't think the two compare and D23 wasn't canceled but moved to the following year. This is thousands inside a large convention center. Much harder to control. Races can be done if they want.

And it's in Anaheim. DLR hasn't reopened and no word on when it will.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom