runDisney Star Wars Events

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
The amount of Disney medals is amazing. I assume from your avatar you are from Florida. That really is impressive.

Those aren't mine, lol. Our ladies running group has been posting their methods of displaying all their medals. Some are impressive in the number of medals they've displayed...and still have boxes of them stuffed under the bed or in a closet.

Good assumption, as my screen name would lead people to think differently.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Well, I use a very space efficient Nike box for my medals. There is a bit of paper towel involved to prevent the medals from damaging each other (#madeinChina)

The entire row of Dutch medals is easy recognisable due to its way smaller size.
View attachment 491867

I once displayed all my medals just for myself to check my entire collection.

Sorted by year, distance and split for location. (WDW on the left, Paris on the right. The castle to Chateau challenge to divide them ;-)
View attachment 491868

And all my bibs are sorted in a different nike box. I once counted all my miles in Dutch and runDisney races, but don't have those numbers written down. I stopped counting the shorter (5K & 10K) races.

View attachment 491869

I remember that Castle to Chateau medal. I believe both Don and I were jealous.

Schema

IMG-1972.jpg

Since we are sharing photos of our displays, here is mine at the moment.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I remember that Castle to Chateau medal. I believe both Don and I were jealous.

You do know you don‘t have to be jealous, right? You could earn one yourself (just sayin‘ 🤣)

It wasn't just you.... :cautious:

I've been accused of derailing a thread or two, right @Swissmiss?

Never by me. I believe in the ebb and flow in conversations/posts - eventually topics come back around to where they should be 😀

Surferboy567

As of 2:04 the half is back...everything else is the same as my last update.

As of 1:29 AM

10K is gone
Half Marathon is gone
Rival Run challenge is gone
Kessel Run challenge (the one with everything) is gone

5K is still available
Kessel Run challenge (the one with virtual and half) is available
Virtual Half Marathon is available

I don’t think they are going to last much longer.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Running Star Wars and the Paris run weekend in 2021 would give you the 5th edition of both, inclusing the 5th C2C medal ;-)

Is this directed at me? I've got a cruise with my ladies that probably falls race weekend next year.

Surferboy567

I have another question regarding 2022.

So, usually their is a clear time to hold a race (since their is a clear weekend to have it) in 2022 this isn’t the case except for two instances.

Easter in 2022- April 17th

Palm Sunday- April 10th (usually they don’t hold races around Palm Sunday) believe me I’ve looked

Orthodox Easter- April 24th (same deal with Palm Sunday)

Since this is the case I can only see two possible weekends to hold it.

May 31st- April 4th (only problem I see with this is that it starts in March, has that ever happened?)

April 21 - 25th (problem here is that it overlaps with Orthodox Easter) not sure if that matters

What does everyone think is the most likely one for them to choose?

EDIT: I guess they could pick the weekend with Palm Sunday but I doubt it. I don’t believe that has ever happened.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom