runDisney Star Wars Events

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I think it remains a huge unknown if it will go ahead in person. But Disney has shown it has no problems in handing out refunds or making a switch to virtual, so the decision to go on sale is not surprising.

Early registration opens in less than 24 hours....18 to be precise. If Kelley thought an on-property race was a no-go, we'd know by now.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Early registration opens in less than 24 hours....18 to be precise. If Kelley thought an on-property race was a no-go, we'd know by now.

I disagree. I think they are doing what any other race organizer would do in the same situation - look at the fact that this is months away and no one really knows whether it can be held or not, but they need to be able to have the registration fees in had to be able to put in place the necessary contracts for the event weekend. As Steve said, they have already shown a willingness and a capability to hand out refunds; that is much better than scrambling to organize an event of this magnitude in a shorter timeframe.

You and I have both participated in these events and the reality is that if social distancing is still required, there will be no option but to call the event off, as there is absolutely no way to have a race with more than a few hundred participants and socially distance.

I sincerely hope that it can go forward, because that would mean that the races I already have scheduled for next year (which were postponed from this year) will also go forward 😀

Hello everyone, Sis and I are signing up for the rival run 10K tomorrow morning. We have been trying to train for and run a 10K at Disney but only have it come down to us running in the rain and lightning or have the race get canceled all together. I’m beginning to think we bring bad luck to Run Disney. Anyways, we are signing up again tomorrow. Though I’m not sure next year will be any better. :banghead:

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
As you said before, it’s probably the standard 60 it’s always been.
Confirmed, $59 on the rundisney Passholder’s page:
A684E55E-04D2-4D94-BA63-BF70A2B2C132.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom