runDisney Star Wars Events

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Thank you for the update on the MagicBands. It wasn’t an option when I registered this morning. I’m in the Kessel, Rival Run, and 5k.

My fear is they realized they made a mistake and won't admit it. So those of us who bought and paid for bands are out of luck. The site limits you to only 1.

Wolf43

My fear is they realized they made a mistake and won't admit it. So those of us who bought and paid for bands are out of luck. The site limits you to only 1.
Ouch!! Not good. As for being limited to only 1, given the eBay folks and their greed, I can understand and appreciate that. That said, if you are registering for several family members and everyone wants one, that truly sucks.

Figment82

Do the kids runs ever sell out or do they just take all that sign up?

They used to sell out fairly quickly, but now they are one of the last events to fill up. I know they do have a limit, especially with the diaper dash, since they have a set time span and only so many “waves” they can safely run. I wouldn’t wait if you’re thinking about it, but I wouldn’t stress over it like, say, the 5K. At least if your child is unable to participate, you’re only out $20/$30, much better than the almost $200 for the half! 😂

LAKid53

Premium Member
They used to sell out fairly quickly, but now they are one of the last events to fill up. I know they do have a limit, especially with the diaper dash, since they have a set time span and only so many “waves” they can safely run. I wouldn’t wait if you’re thinking about it, but I wouldn’t stress over it like, say, the 5K. At least if your child is unable to participate, you’re only out $20/$30, much better than the almost $200 for the half! 😂

Or me, who mistakenly registers for the Half, twice.

Figment82

Or me, who mistakenly registers for the Half, twice.

Yes, that too! I hope rD is able to get that corrected quickly for you. I’m sure you’re far from the first person to have done that. It’s so confusing now with the different options, especially when you’re trying to speed through registration.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Yes, that too! I hope rD is able to get that corrected quickly for you. I’m sure you’re far from the first person to have done that. It’s so confusing now with the different options, especially when you’re trying to speed through registration.

While the extra money I paid is a concern, I've taken a Half bib I don't need. And that's what really bothers me, especially if the race sells out quickly next week. I've deprived a runner of a spot because of my carelessness.

dreamfinder

Do the kids runs ever sell out or do they just take all that sign up?

They do sell out, but as to exactly when will be a toss up. They do seem to be paring back the number of kids runs. IE Marathon Weekend used to have them Thurs Fri & Sat, but think they had dropped that to just Fri & Sat. That said, they aren't usually hot sellers, but as always if you think you will attend, register sooner rather than later.

Texas84

While the extra money I paid is a concern, I've taken a Half bib I don't need. And that's what really bothers me, especially if the race sells out quickly next week. I've deprived a runner of a spot because of my carelessness.
Have you tried to contact them?

HiJe

If you are unable to get a refund, are you able to sell it to another runner? Or let a friend use it? Or is this prohibited?

LAKid53

Premium Member
If you are unable to get a refund, are you able to sell it to another runner? Or let a friend use it? Or is this prohibited?

Both are prohibited and as it's a challenge, they take your photo.

I see if they will refund a portion of it. With all the problems with Kessel registration last year, I don't want to mess that up.

DomVF07

Wow. At this point in time all registration is still wide open for all races. Thought for sure given the 5 year anniversary it would've reached capacity. General reg opens Tuesday very curious to see when it sells out. Sorry to hear of your troubles LAKID53! Hope RD is more than accommodating with your refund and a speedy one at that!

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I'd love to do the challenge + virtual half + kessel run but I'm not 100% sure if I'll be living in the Orlando area by April 2020 😬

LAKid53

Premium Member
Looks like the inclusion of the SW themed magicband at early registration wasn't a fluke. It has reappeared on the products page and I can't purchase it - get a message saying I'm limited to one.

So snag it now, folks, if you want one.

HiJe

Looks like the inclusion of the SW themed magicband at early registration wasn't a fluke. It has reappeared on the products page and I can't purchase it - get a message saying I'm limited to one.

So snag it now, folks, if you want one.

I'm stuck in the cue for the 10k. I think I was able to sign up right away last year. Any idea how long it makes you wait?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom