runDisney Star Wars Events

Chagnee

Hi everyone! I'm planning to sign up for the half marathon. It'll be my first half, so excited!

I'm used to running in cooler temperatures. Not downright cold, but definitely cooler than those typical Florida temperatures.

What should I expect with regards to the weather in early April? I found the average temperatures, but I guess mornings are cooler than those averages... TIA :)

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Hi everyone! I'm planning to sign up for the half marathon. It'll be my first half, so excited!

I'm used to running in cooler temperatures. Not downright cold, but definitely cooler than those typical Florida temperatures.

What should I expect with regards to the weather in early April? I found the average temperatures, but I guess mornings are cooler than those averages... TIA :)

Temperatures at start time will range from upper 60s to low 70s.

Texas84

Humidity. Terrible humidity. Hydration will be important.

And this is funny. It will be 65-70 and the locals will be all wrapped up in Mylar and sweats like it's freezing.

Chagnee

Thanks, everyone! 18 degrees Celsius sounds fine, my morning runs this Summer were often in 20 degrees Celsius. But then indeed I'll also have to account for the humidity.

May have to plan soms training runs in the local sauna... :D

Figment82

Whew, that was obnoxious! Had 2 phones going, plus Safari and Firefox on the computer. Firefox finally went through; the Safari browsers were still spinning...

Got myself registered for the half, and my daughter registered for her first runDisney event. She’s not even a month old yet now, but I figured she’ll love the diaper dash. 😂 She completed 4 half marathons as my co-pilot, so she’s already a pro!

RunningKoen

And the runDisney site has crashed.

How?

It had zero crashes or capacity problems during the registration for Princess weekend. And now it goes down because the AP/DVC early registration? Hardly enough people to cause any problem at all, compared to the other registration moments.

@Figment82 you ran 4 half marathons while pregnant? I do maybe two a year, max. Respect.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Well, that wasn't pleasant. But I'm signed up for 5K, Rival Challenge and Kessel. rD really needs to make it clearer that selecting both Virtual and Half/Challenge automatically registers you for Kessel. Had to look at credit card charges to figure it out.

Cool that we could pick which side. Does that mean our race shirts will be geared towards light or dark?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom