runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Honestly I would not. If you are going to run one of the races, sign-up on-line and make sure of your entry.
I have never heard of anyone signing-up by phone.
I should of specified I meant smartphone so registering the exact same way like everyone else. I also should of specified was planning on using cellular data as it seemed more reliable. Even for things like virtual queues.

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Ok. 🙂

I've registered for races while at WDW before. Never had an issue. But I stay in my resort room to do so.

Usually the 10K goes first because bibs have been set aside for the challenge. This however, is the inaugural year of the series, so things may go fast.
Gotcha, so my hotel is probably the best bet. I’ll try to be at my hotel during race registration. If for some reason I can’t I will try and get to a secluded area. Hotel seems like the best bet though.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Gotcha, so my hotel is probably the best bet. I’ll try to be at my hotel during race registration. If for some reason I can’t I will try and get to a secluded area. Hotel seems like the best bet though.
If you’re at your hotel with your laptop, I would recommend multiple browser windows and trying to join the queue with your phone. I think it keeps you from doing multiple queue entries in the same browser (like having multiple windows up in Chrome), but you can enter the queue lottery multiple times with different browsers on the same computer (e.g. one in Firefox, one Microsoft, one Chrome) about 15 minutes before registration opens. They randomly assign times to people who enter the queue early, so you can just close out all but the lowest wait time after the clock strikes 10AM and get registered.

GimpYancIent

1636503487006.png

Surferboy567

Original Poster
If you’re at your hotel with your laptop, I would recommend multiple browser windows and trying to join the queue with your phone. I think it keeps you from doing multiple queue entries in the same browser (like having multiple windows up in Chrome), but you can enter the queue lottery multiple times with different browsers on the same computer (e.g. one in Firefox, one Microsoft, one Chrome) about 15 minutes before registration opens. They randomly assign times to people who enter the queue early, so you can just close out all but the lowest wait time after the clock strikes 10AM and get registered.
Thanks! I think my current plan is to grab a couple of my group’s phones walk to the contemporary and then jump in the queue there. Whatever phone let‘s me register first is the one I’ll go with and (hopefully) I can check out and be successful.

I’ll definitely try and be in that pre queue. Thanks for the insight!

Definitely nervous about securing a spot but I think I can do it. Hopefully we all get in.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Thanks! I think my current plan is to grab a couple of my group’s phones walk to the contemporary and then jump in the queue there. Whatever phone let‘s me register first is the one I’ll go with and (hopefully) I can check out and be successful.

I’ll definitely try and be in that pre queue. Thanks for the insight!

Definitely nervous about securing a spot but I think I can do it. Hopefully we all get in.

I'm guaranteed to get in. 😁

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I wish the ToT 10 miler was at night....BUT....if the course is the same as in the past with the Osceola Parkway stretch of hell - nah.

Surferboy567

Original Poster
It’s been a long time since they held the last Tower of Terror 10 miler. I’d assume the course would probably change to be a little more favorable including more park time. This is all speculation but weren’t most courses reworked a little back to make the experience more enjoyable such as cutting out ESPN Wide World of Sports for more park time?

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Was browsing the website and came across the date for general registration and it appears they changed the time? Is this a typo?

It’s now 2 PM EST instead of 10AM EST.

None of the other categories have been updated.

Surferboy567

Original Poster
This line has also been added to the Expedition Everest 5K.

“In order to access and participate in the scavenger hunt, you must have an AndroidTMor iOS mobile device with capability to download Wildgoose's Mobile Adventure application from the App Store or Google Play. You must also agree to accept Wildgoose's terms and conditions for the Mobile Adventures app.”

Source: runDisney’s website

pdude81

This line has also been added to the Expedition Everest 5K.

“In order to access and participate in the scavenger hunt, you must have an AndroidTMor iOS mobile device with capability to download Wildgoose's Mobile Adventure application from the App Store or Google Play. You must also agree to accept Wildgoose's terms and conditions for the Mobile Adventures app.”

Source: runDisney’s website
Nice. You are literally signing up for a Wildgoose chase. Enjoy!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Well, that was fun....not.

Webpage kept crashing, wouldn't accept my credit card (shocking), had to try 3 times.

And no merchandise to preorder.

You'd think, by now, rD would have things figured out (registration process, not pre-ordering merchandise).

EDIT: And we were asked to sign the race waiver after registering.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom