runDisney returns to Disneyland in 2024

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I am guessing their is no chance they honor the "Perfect Dumbo" runners.,,,,

We are thinking about it. The DL Half was our favorite weekend of the year.

Basically would mean I would have to take 2 weeks off from work, which I could.

I just don't know if I could physically run another challenge after Dopey..

Hmm. Didn’t you say a couple of weeks ago that you were hanging up your Dopey shoes after this year?

EPCOT-O.G.

Anything near the Disneyland Hotel will be closest to the start/finish if it follows what they did in the past.

Hotels on the corner of Ball and Walnut are usually where I look, the Holiday Inn and Suites or the Springhill Suites up there are both places I've stayed and would stay again. Not necessarily the most convenient for the parks but very close to the start/finish if they setup the races the same way. I've also stayed on Harbor and walked across to the start/finish and it's not a bad walk. Disneyland races are sooo much easier since you don't need to deal with race bus transportation. Overall, the vibe is closer to a large, well run local race.

This is the 2017 Disneyland Half (this was traditionally Labor Day weekend): https://www.flickr.com/photos/185759646@N02/shares/356290
View attachment 691020

But also for reference the 2017 Star Wars Light Side Half (this was the race that last ran MLK weekend, was Tinkerbell before that but that race moved to Mother's Day weekend or near it):
View attachment 691029

Also, some shameless self promotion, I've been compiling runDisney maps for years if you want to see other Disneyland race maps: https://www.magicofrunning.com/rundisneymaps
That’s you? Your site is FANTASTIC. Thanks for curating these!

Surferboy567

We are now 2 weeks away from club runDisney registration for Disneyland. I expect information to come very soon. Themes, and details for coast to coast.

Still up in the air if I am going to do it or not. Leaning toward doing it but we will see. Very interested in doing a coast to coast.

surfsupdon

We are now 2 weeks away from club runDisney registration for Disneyland. I expect information to come very soon. Themes, and details for coast to coast.

Still up in the air if I am going to do it or not. Leaning toward doing it but we will see. Very interested in doing a coast to coast.
A theme is not ALWAYS released prior to registration. Can be frustrating.

surfsupdon

Disney did say it would this time tho. One would think this week or next week we get some more details.
Hoping!

This is the same Disney/runD that advertised the W&D race on a specific weekend and then switched the race weekend within the year, after flights and rooms were booked for many! Anyone remember that debacle??!

Surferboy567

This whole two track thing is weird.
Was about to post about it, I didn’t even realize the medals are different between the two tracks.

I think it’s alot to ask to do Disneyland ONE WEEK after World and in some cases Dopey.

Track 2 seems more appealing but seems like that medal will be accessible year after year.

Where Track 1 will only be accessible that specific year.

Rteetz

Was about to post about it, I didn’t even realize the medals are different between the two tracks.

I think it’s alot to ask to do Disneyland ONE WEEK after World and in some cases Dopey.

Track 2 seems more appealing but seems like that medal will be accessible year after year.

Where Track 1 will only be accessible that specific year.
Right.

Now my question is, if I do run MW can I not have it count towards my C2C and then run Disneyland and another WDW weekend to get track 2? Otherwise I’ll probably always only have track 1 because MW is the one weekend I always do.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Right.

Now my question is, if I do run MW can I not have it count towards my C2C and then run Disneyland and another WDW weekend to get track 2? Otherwise I’ll probably always only have track 1 because MW is the one weekend I always do.
That's an interesting dilemma. I'm not sure, but you could also read the announcement that they are doing this one special since it's coming back, but then everything will be track 2 in future years? Maybe if you just didn't go to claim a challenge medal until after a second WDW weekend they would give you track 2 if that was your preference?

I'm hoping they reveal the different coast-to-coast medals prior to sign up for the WDW races. Looks like you can only do one or the other for 2024. I was planning on Disneyland and Springtime Surprise to keep perfect going (and maybe Wine and Dine) but was going to skip the Marathon this time. Might have to rethink things a bit (partially dependent on which medal looks cooler ;))

Surferboy567

Right.

Why would you not want it to count though? The 2024 track one medal is probably going to be more “rare” if such a thing exists.

The only way it would NOT count is if you didn’t do the Half or Marathon.

I’m surprised they aren’t charging extra…can’t believe I just typed that.

Surferboy567

I'm hoping they reveal the different coast-to-coast medals prior to sign up for the WDW races. Looks like you can only do one or the other for 2024. I was planning on Disneyland and Springtime Surprise to keep perfect going (and maybe Wine and Dine) but was going to skip the Marathon this time. Might have to rethink things a bit (partially dependent on which medal looks cooler ;))
IF (and that’s still an IF) I do Disneyland. I’m thinking about following this same approach.

Either doing Springtime again (I’m perfect so far, even though that may not count)

Or Wine & Dine

Track 1 seems very hard to swing.

EDIT: If I don’t do Disneyland, I’ll still be doing it virtually. So I’ll be participating in some way, just trying to work out what form.

Surferboy567

I’m going to attempt…
I wish you the best of luck. For 2024, if I had to pick one I’d go with Disneyland.

I’ve never participated in marathon weekend so possibly another year.

EDIT: Training for a marathon and doing Coast to coast may prove to be an issue

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom