Trip Report **COMPLETED** Run or Fun?: Our Wine and Dine Trip

Hello everyone ! I have been back for a few days now so it's time to start my Trip Report :)

Who?
My Mom (Mary) and I (Megan)
IMG_6742.JPG

When?
November 1 - 5, 2019

Why?
Wine and Dine 10K

Where?
Yacht Club! Our first time staying there and spoiler alert - we LOVED it!

Day 1 November 1, 2019
We had an early flight again so we stayed at a hotel across from the airport. We got up at 3:20 am and got ready 😴
DSC_0657.JPG

DSC_0660.JPG

We got to the airport a few minutes before the Southwest Counter opened up so we made friends with some other people who were running this weekend :)
Then, we were quickly through check-in and security so we could grab some bagels to eat.
Xpy+L+owTMKQ1qjnjyj2OA.jpg

I was absolutely convinced that we would not get out of Buffalo. The weather was horrendous. Super high winds, sleet type rain, etc. So we nervously waited at the gate to see what would happen.
qmIX7Ka+R4WNQnVe306qhQ.jpg

11BBC408-D1DB-4AC3-9214-C397B1D247DB.JPG

I saw the pilots board the plane and knew we were good to go. Phew!!
Magic Band time :)
bAca+RjVT0ORYf1O7JN5+g.jpg

%PvhYl66RgO%6DN4eYbc6A.jpg

Soon enough we made it to Florida, off the plane and to the fonorail!
DSC_0663.JPG

DSC_0664.JPG

Next up: more arrival fun

Minnesota disney fan

Loving the TR so far:)
We will be in WDW the week following the Princess half marathon, February 25th thru March 4th, so who knows, might see you and your Mom and you would not know who the strange lady is saying, Hi!!!!! I'll just say Mn Disney FAn. One of these days I will figure out how to put my picture up????? I know, I know, it's not that difficult (for everyone but me) LOL... Glad your Mom's back is better. Nothing like walking around Disney with a sore back so hope she is okay.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
The anxiety before my first race last year was crazy. I had never raced before at that point. Hope your mom is feeling much better. Back injuries are nothing to mess around with. :D

I wish I was not anxious before every race :hilarious:

For some reason, that squirrel amuses me more than it probably should 🤣

Also, I am a minimalist and don't have a lot of clutter at home, but I am ALL ABOUT THE CHRISTMAS MERCH 🎄

The Christmas merchandise is the best ! The squirrel was super funny!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
WHo Hoo Doc. Question? Does your MDE photo Signage look likes it says B Express Pickup Men with a 30 minute wait?

I had to look at that a few times but yes it does look like that ! :joyfull:

YAY, I was so glad to see your new TR posted!!! So sorry that your mom's back was bothering her enough that you had to cancel your race but it was definitely the smart move. We've really enjoyed our last two meals at LTT after taking a hiatus from there for a few years! I loved seeing your room at the Yacht Club as I haven't stayed there since the year 2000. I do remember the rooms being quite spacious. Can't wait to read more about your trip! :)

The rooms were so spacious! It was so nice!!! We love LTT! I feel like we will definitely be back for lunch more too! It was nice to have options

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Loving the TR so far:)
We will be in WDW the week following the Princess half marathon, February 25th thru March 4th, so who knows, might see you and your Mom and you would not know who the strange lady is saying, Hi!!!!! I'll just say Mn Disney FAn. One of these days I will figure out how to put my picture up????? I know, I know, it's not that difficult (for everyone but me) LOL... Glad your Mom's back is better. Nothing like walking around Disney with a sore back so hope she is okay.

We will be there until the 29th! I hope we see you!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 November 3, 2019
We slept in a bit this morning. By sleep in I mean we got up at 7 am but technically it was like 8 am because of daylight savings time 😜
We headed down to the Market to grab some breakfast
I had banana nut bread with chocolate. This was just OK
nxaH8ooJT0ue0yNFXOuJOg.jpg

My Mom had a chocolate pastry
o4R%7iA0RkiXq6n6QCBiIw.jpg

My Mom said this was good.
I wanted to share a photo of the shirts my sister made us for the run :) Just because they are so cute!
G+jt38zURF66eFm0qPdPvA.jpg

+qzuN+oFSyuqqA5%Ww9yEQ.jpg

Our plans were for Epcot, but because of the half marathon we could not actually get into Epcot until closer to 9. So, we decided to watch some of the Half which was super fun!
I like running Run Disney events but watching was great too :happy:
nGrfVBagTLGvYqstKoVUaQ.jpg

When we were finally allowed into World Showcase we had to go this back way via the UK.
DSC_0855.JPG

I wish I took a photo, but I was pretty confused about what happened next. We were rangled into a corral like area and then we crossed the road all the while there was no interruption to the runners. It was so bizarre - honestly we turned around and we we were like what just happened ?! :joyfull: Clearly Disney has it down to a science.
We decided to rope drop Soarin' and ended up waiting less than 10 minutes which was nice.
This is the only photo I took o_O
DSC_0862.JPG

After Soarin' Living with the Land was a walk on so we headed on there next
I'm obsessed with the one new screen in this ride. It's so easy to tell the difference too :hilarious:
DSC_0867.JPG

DSC_0868.JPG

DSC_0869.JPG

Next up: more Epcot

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
559633910.jpeg

After our FP we decided to get our second Passholder Magnet and skip the rest of our Fast Passes. We were starving and it was only like 10:30 am but La Cantina opens at 10:30 am so we decided to forgo the festival food and just eat there :)
We both had the kids cheese empanadas
QY1krX+qS7ijT%lmr+Irng.jpg

Yum! So good!
IMG_7655.JPG

After our lunch we wandered around the World Showcase
Well actually we did not have to wander very far because we headed to the Gran Fiesta Tour
59449027544__6F4330C7-E5D1-4F5C-A73E-5C27C9838CA5.JPG

DSC_0901.JPG

DSC_0903.JPG

We did want something sweet so we chose the chocolate hazelnut cake from the Italy pavilion
1werDryiTbOaoXI9uKE+tA.jpg

It looks better than it tasted - it was just OK but in general was pretty dry.
IMG_7654.JPG

ARx5w3+GQdqJ3BCGrC9tAw.jpg

FLVwa1fcR+mMKvTChDojHA.jpg

Next up: more Epcot

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
Photopass picture in France
IMG_7656.JPG

We ran into Goofy on the way out
559884261.jpeg

And we also ran into Mickey! This is the best - that the characters are at this entrance now :)
IMG_7672.JPG

Look at Mickey with this service dog (I asked if I could take a photo) :inlove:
OiFaIbcZTH6VXHt0Og%Bew.jpg

nLyOVCwJQP2PUGZzUgxmzQ.jpg

Anyway - we eventually wandered over towards the Yacht Club
QUGfJpcbR8CGl4EM3Q6%vA.jpg

For some reason we felt like going to the quiet pool this day so we did :)
2C4C9D04-D84A-41F4-ABA3-197FC5A4BA82.JPG

RdT8HcYoRheN3p3x7cq79Q.jpg

Next up: Magic Kingdom!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
We really wanted to see the Magic Kingdom one last time this trip since we knew all the Christmas stuff would be up (instead of the combo with Halloween). So - I searched the website quite a bit for dinner reservations and ended up with Be Our Guest! Woohoo! Last minute Be Our Guest ! (Well - in truth I found it the day before but last minute changed the time to a time that allowed us to watch the castle lighting show).
Bus stop fun
IMG_7663.JPG

KmOOhEe+ReavsJDCaX+lnA.jpg

560137393.jpeg

560137545.jpeg

The tree was up when we got to the MK so we stopped for a PP picture :)
Some photos from when we were in line
G1Ogby7lQh+kEZUAI6Q5gA.jpg

yuyKaQliRS20w3gDDh4HEw.jpg

560155763.jpeg

I was super into this pose apparently :hilarious:
DSRNfeHcRzCHK8mepAmpjw.jpg

Next up: more MK

Attachments

• G1Ogby7lQh+kEZUAI6Q5gA.jpg
    G1Ogby7lQh+kEZUAI6Q5gA.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 46
  • yuyKaQliRS20w3gDDh4HEw.jpg
    yuyKaQliRS20w3gDDh4HEw.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 32

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
EEN0K51+Qm2gONbXIf5f+w.jpg

560198062.jpeg

560198140.jpeg

We headed right over to Be Our Guest and we were met with a check in line that was all the way down the bridge.
IMG_7689.jpg

tgeyQFKAS7OihuQepjqVkw.jpg

2O0v4R7URzCgg+55ULAvzA.jpg

The CM who did eventually check us in essentially said half that line was just people asking questions or trying to get in without a reservation :cautious:
7VpguBpgROGsvH2om3kCgA.jpg

3PLA3TE9Qh6IdRt3LOjk+Q.jpg

I really thought we would have a very long wait due to that line but we were seated almost immediately.
We were super excited to see the tree. For some reason we just love this little tree at BOG. Our host/waiter offered to take our photo with it.
IMG_7701.jpg

Next up: more BOG

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
Whoops sorry backtrack time...I for some reason missed these photos
DSC_0907.JPG

DSC_0909.JPG

fullsizeoutput_4263.jpeg

We were seated in the West Wing
ZBEGWbSDSk2wy0kX0UsALw.jpg

tksZ5KzRTieE3Hsas86Mcw.jpg

We both decided we don't really like the West Wing. Its so dark and the thunder can be pretty annoying.
Since it was so dark I stopped attempting to take food photos. The only one I tried was the French Onion soup which we both chose as our appetizer.
fullsizeoutput_4264.jpeg

For entrees my Mom got the Roasted Corn and Spinach Tortellini and I had the Filet Mignon. And then for dessert we got the dessert trio which is the dessert for everyone. It includes a macaron, truffle and a chip cup with grey stuff inside.
Eh...I don't know what to say. I think it was a combination of a lot of things but this dinner was just OK. The soup was good as usual (although not very hot), but our entrees were luke-warm at best and not as good as the last time we had them. Our waiter was very nice but after awhile we did not see him for a long time. Also - the table next to us was very distracting. The Dad of the family sent back like 3 different appetizers and at least one or two entrees. To be fair it was because the food was cold (kind of like ours but he said "ice cold"). However, even though it had nothing to do with me, it was stressing me out watching the whole thing. Oh - well!
DSC_0917.JPG

t34E%TpASbOrBsbr3dnDSA.jpg

cwWH6Z7hTFKb1M+ZzAXomg.jpg

+Goo0pOTSsaEwGpF1ruxfw.jpg

Next up: more MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
560325585.jpeg

After dinner we wandered around a bit taking in some of the decorations
EZ9dB1eUSQGiZ8372cYVNQ.jpg

9X0itwncSiKhwxJiYByT8g.jpg

DSC_0919.JPG

DSC_0920.JPG

We happened to walk by Pooh and Tigger and noticed a pretty short wait so of course we hopped in line
DSC_0923.JPG

DSC_0924.JPG

IMG_7729.JPG

Then we headed to the hub to watch the Castle Lighting. It was the first of the season and it was so beautiful! I did not take any photos because we had Max and my sister on FaceTime to watch it :)
SO pretty!
xV1WjB8BSBa3Nxv7JlAqOA.jpg

72DA672C-EB26-4D1D-A161-8475978A1BF5.JPG

Next up: more random photos

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
We waited in a PP line for a bit so I took a bunch of photos.
DSC_0930.JPG

DSC_0931.JPG

DSC_0933.JPG

DSC_0934.JPG

DSC_0935.JPG

DSC_0938.JPG

Something weird was happening because the PP CM was taking her camera off her tripod which never happens. I thought to myself, I wonder if someone is going to propose and sure enough that is what happened :hilarious::inlove:. So cute to watch!
Anyway - after that it was our turn :)
IMG_7728.JPG

Then we headed out of the MK.
Goodbye MK for this trip
FuGx6+MSSzm9BMOqm%rzBQ.jpg

Then we took a bus back to the Yacht Club.
We decided to get a drink at the Ale and Compass Lounge
EV3kjZzqTUe7h%aLAMy5Ig.jpg

GnvwXvYARK6hPOtiBLZ%sg.jpg

Next up: more randomness

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
X1AFbPqUQJeycZz8n+bdQQ.jpg

Only...we didn't get a drink. No less than 3 waiters/waitresses looked at us and then kept walking 🤷‍♀️
We waited about 10 minutes and then left. Instead we decided to walk around the Boardwalk
It's especially pretty at night time !
DSC_0942.JPG

DSC_0950.JPG

DSC_0953.JPG

DSC_0955.JPG

We were so tired otherwise we may have watched Epcot Forever again. So...instead we relaxed on our balcony and went to bed :)

Next up: Day 4

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom