Trip Report **COMPLETED** Run or Fun?: Our Wine and Dine Trip

Hello everyone ! I have been back for a few days now so it's time to start my Trip Report :)

Who?
My Mom (Mary) and I (Megan)
IMG_6742.JPG

When?
November 1 - 5, 2019

Why?
Wine and Dine 10K

Where?
Yacht Club! Our first time staying there and spoiler alert - we LOVED it!

Day 1 November 1, 2019
We had an early flight again so we stayed at a hotel across from the airport. We got up at 3:20 am and got ready 😴
DSC_0657.JPG

DSC_0660.JPG

We got to the airport a few minutes before the Southwest Counter opened up so we made friends with some other people who were running this weekend :)
Then, we were quickly through check-in and security so we could grab some bagels to eat.
Xpy+L+owTMKQ1qjnjyj2OA.jpg

I was absolutely convinced that we would not get out of Buffalo. The weather was horrendous. Super high winds, sleet type rain, etc. So we nervously waited at the gate to see what would happen.
qmIX7Ka+R4WNQnVe306qhQ.jpg

11BBC408-D1DB-4AC3-9214-C397B1D247DB.JPG

I saw the pilots board the plane and knew we were good to go. Phew!!
Magic Band time :)
bAca+RjVT0ORYf1O7JN5+g.jpg

%PvhYl66RgO%6DN4eYbc6A.jpg

Soon enough we made it to Florida, off the plane and to the fonorail!
DSC_0663.JPG

DSC_0664.JPG

Next up: more arrival fun

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
Peoplemover was up next !
s+IX%gluRmi+lk+nygwwVg.jpg

Mb+v+xMbRLieTib9VuLi5w.jpg

Our last FP was for Haunted Mansion and that ride photo did not show up so enjoy these random photos instead :hilarious:
IMG_7565.JPG

eE7ZOM%VQJaVFEDRnk4kUw.jpg

IMG_7566.JPG

Then we checked in for lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern. It was actually our first time eating lunch at LTT!
cgEgxqbqQSuaTOd1biQCXQ.jpg

%8ogYWKFTM+3srPQGJVUjg.jpg

We started with the Tavern Cheese Dip (Blend of Four Cheeses with Griddled Boston Brown Bread)
g5BJE6BLQxuaXdlPqlHc7g.jpg

The dip was just OK but the bread was so good!
For lunch I ordered Our Tavern Keeper's Favorite (Pot Roast, Mashed Potatoes, and Garden Vegetables)
hwdOeNg%Qwu+wcwNq5p1Xg.jpg

My Mom got the Turkey Pot Pie (Tender Roasted Turkey, Carrots, Potatoes, Peas, and Puffed Pastry)
lHu9rGWFTcmoq3GqxKqcWw.jpg

YUM! Both of our entrees were amazing !!!
We will definitely be back for lunch again someday!
After this we headed out and to the bus stop!

Next up: pool time

Matt and Kelly

Following along! I’m sorry your mom didn’t get to run, but hopefully she is feeling back to normal. I’ve always wanted to be there for the transition too! How cool to go to a Halloween party and then the Christmas party in the same week!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I’m so sorry about your mom, but you made the right call ❤

Thank you :happy:

Following along! I’m sorry your mom didn’t get to run, but hopefully she is feeling back to normal. I’ve always wanted to be there for the transition too! How cool to go to a Halloween party and then the Christmas party in the same week!

We figured better better to be OK for the Princess Half so better to wait :)
Yes! My next goal is to go to both parties!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
Back at the hotel it was pool time!
Oh but first Mousekeeping left us this cute activity book :)
DSC_0794.JPG

Some views from the slide. The CM up there told me only go pros were allowed. I told him I have brought this camera up every time I have been down the slide :cautious: He said - oh I guess it does have a wrist strap so thats fine ? It was very confusing :joyfull:
DSCF2769.JPG

DSCF2770.JPG

Terrible waterproof camera quality so not sure if you can see the squirrel on the rope. He was freaking my Mom out because he would sit right at the top of the slide :joyfull:
DSCF2771.JPG

DSCF2772.JPG

DSCF2773.JPG

Hello duckies
DSCF2776.JPG

DSCF2778.JPG

DSCF2779.JPG

fullsizeoutput_4232.jpeg

Next up: more pool time

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
w5%7yCKSSkSOEPRGCywhow.jpg

IfmJ7i9eTXON+K+T2FW74g.jpg

LVScVEAXR4y0fvpXe4UuxA.jpg

A far away photo of the NBA experience
Ta08USWQSFW2ho2WMILIRg.jpg

We decided to eat dinner at Splitsville since it had been awhile since we last ate there.
ejOzKKCuT9S98EI9PyPMrQ.jpg

My photos are terrible but for dinner we shared the BBQ chicken flatbread and the cone of fries. Yum! Everything was great.
fullsizeoutput_4233.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4234.jpeg

We did not end up buying anything but we did have a great time at DS. After this we headed back to the Yacht Club. The AP discount for next year came out so we spent some time re-booking our room for the Princess Half Weekend. We ended up booking Yacht Club again !
Then we walked over to Epcot
DSC_0798.JPG

I picked up a FP for Spaceship Earth
DSC_0800.JPG

DSC_0802.JPG

Next up: more Epcot

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
DSC_0809.JPG

Some Photopass Photos
559482475.jpeg

559482574.jpeg

559483184.jpeg

Then we sat down for Epcot forever. It was not until 10 pm which would really be too late for us any other day, but it was daylight savings time the next day :joyfull:. We moved around a bit and eventually ended up in the lower area between France and the UK.
We sat down about 45 minutes before the show so killed some time with Heads Up :)
yi3iP%vcTL63mdm9NKzchw.jpg

DSC_0818.JPG

DA2B+GmkQMGx4rr%grxWsA.jpg

DSC_0827.JPG

DSC_0829.JPG

I did not watch or see anything about Epcot Forever (except some reviews on podcasts etc) so I have no idea these banner things would be flying. They were SO cool.
When we saw the first jet ski go by we thought something bad happened and then these lit up the sky :joyfull:
DSC_0832.JPG

Next up: more Epcot forever

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
DSC_0833.JPG

Then they had fireworks coming out of them which was even cooler
DSC_0837.JPG

DSC_0839.JPG

DSC_0840.JPG

DSC_0843.JPG

DSC_0844.JPG

Well, we actually really liked the show! I went in with very low expectations based on reviews, but we both thought it was great! I guess I have a bit more nostalgia towards Epcot than I thought I had :) I especially liked the nods to Walt :) The only thing I did not really love was the finale. I felt like a Tapestry of Nations ending would have been better but overall can't complain !
After this we walked back to our room and off to bed.
DSC_0849.JPG

DSC_0850.JPG

DSC_0851.JPG

Next up: Day 3

Ears to Disney

The anxiety before my first race last year was crazy. I had never raced before at that point. Hope your mom is feeling much better. Back injuries are nothing to mess around with. :D

PeoplemoverTTA

For some reason, that squirrel amuses me more than it probably should 🤣

Also, I am a minimalist and don't have a lot of clutter at home, but I am ALL ABOUT THE CHRISTMAS MERCH 🎄

Jedi Stitch

Day 1 continued
I would say "new photo at the airport tradition" except when we were leaving they changed the wrap to Batuu :hilarious:
View attachment 424199
We walked down to DME and noticed this new sign (super blurry sorry)
View attachment 424201
We got right on our Magical Express and it left right away!
Woohoo!
View attachment 424202
Plus - we were the first stop! Bonus!
I should mention that while on the bus we found out that no one had power at home (well except for my sister Betta who does not live in Buffalo).
This is what my other sister's street looked like :
View attachment 424215
We were very lucky to get out
At the Yacht Club we checked in and changed our credit cards around. The Yacht Club has some pretty weird lamps :hilarious:
View attachment 424206
We needed a snack so we stopped at The Market
I got a toffee brownie type thing and my Mom got this cupcake which I think was vanilla
View attachment 424207
View attachment 424208
Breakfast of champions !
There was nowhere to sit in The Market (at Ale and Compass for the formal name) so we ended up eating in the hall :hilarious:
View attachment 424212
After this we headed to the Expo bus stop by way of the gorgeous convention center :)
View attachment 424213
We just missed the bus, but another one came within 10 minutes :)
View attachment 424214

Next up: Expo time!
WHo Hoo Doc. Question? Does your MDE photo Signage look likes it says B Express Pickup Men with a 30 minute wait?

lindawdw

YAY, I was so glad to see your new TR posted!!! So sorry that your mom's back was bothering her enough that you had to cancel your race but it was definitely the smart move. We've really enjoyed our last two meals at LTT after taking a hiatus from there for a few years! I loved seeing your room at the Yacht Club as I haven't stayed there since the year 2000. I do remember the rooms being quite spacious. Can't wait to read more about your trip! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom