Trip Report **COMPLETED** Run or Fun?: Our Wine and Dine Trip

Hello everyone ! I have been back for a few days now so it's time to start my Trip Report :)

Who?
My Mom (Mary) and I (Megan)
IMG_6742.JPG

When?
November 1 - 5, 2019

Why?
Wine and Dine 10K

Where?
Yacht Club! Our first time staying there and spoiler alert - we LOVED it!

Day 1 November 1, 2019
We had an early flight again so we stayed at a hotel across from the airport. We got up at 3:20 am and got ready 😴
DSC_0657.JPG

DSC_0660.JPG

We got to the airport a few minutes before the Southwest Counter opened up so we made friends with some other people who were running this weekend :)
Then, we were quickly through check-in and security so we could grab some bagels to eat.
Xpy+L+owTMKQ1qjnjyj2OA.jpg

I was absolutely convinced that we would not get out of Buffalo. The weather was horrendous. Super high winds, sleet type rain, etc. So we nervously waited at the gate to see what would happen.
qmIX7Ka+R4WNQnVe306qhQ.jpg

11BBC408-D1DB-4AC3-9214-C397B1D247DB.JPG

I saw the pilots board the plane and knew we were good to go. Phew!!
Magic Band time :)
bAca+RjVT0ORYf1O7JN5+g.jpg

%PvhYl66RgO%6DN4eYbc6A.jpg

Soon enough we made it to Florida, off the plane and to the fonorail!
DSC_0663.JPG

DSC_0664.JPG

Next up: more arrival fun

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
DSC_0676.JPG

DSC_0677.JPG

I never ended up taking a photo of the shower but it was amazing ! It had two shower heads for a nice waterfall effect.
DSC_0678.JPG

DSC_0679.JPG

You could see the tennis courts from our balcony :) And just to the left (which you could also see but not in the photo) was the quiet pool.
DSC_0680.JPG

I felt like the size of the room was pretty big which you can see from this angle.
DSC_0683.JPG

We had some Magic Kingdom plans for the afternoon so we headed to the bus stop :)
We had a very short wait and soon enough we arrived!
Our first stop was Pinocchio Village Haus. We knew we wanted to eat a bit earlier as we like to do before races.
DSC_0686.JPG

DSC_0687.JPG

DSC_0688.JPG

Next up: more MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
I had the Margherita pizza
7kYIcE%8SfeTO6LypToFpg.jpg

With some fries (great for running ? :joyfull: )
PWTvRTeYTvaWYRd%vRmojA.jpg

And My Mom had some chicken nuggets
9BKb%MHjQCS0ArDN3G847Q.jpg

After our very early dinner we headed to our first FP: Dumbo!
DSC_0689.JPG

wi3OAJZrScKniyUz4bkKSw.jpg

2r0RYeYBRRGjQeAII%4fUg.jpg

KPCi8EYEQsaFEhArridTzg.jpg

After Dumbo we both agreed we wanted something sweet. We did not want anything too heavy so we opted for a dole whip. We asked for a raspberry swirl without the float and they gave it to us. I guess you can also get it swirled with orange and vanilla too, which I would probably do next time.
5NfCr8D2T3Gxp2DufHgs3w.jpg

I think my nerves were really bad at this point because I have like no photos :hilarious: I always get very anxious before races.
On our way back over towards Tomorrowland we happened upon Mickey's Royal Friendship Fare
DSC_0692.JPG

DSC_0694.JPG

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
DSC_0696.JPG

DSC_0702.JPG

For reasons I will get into a bit later we switched our Space Mountain FP to Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
DSC_0704.JPG

DSC_0706.JPG

DSC_0707.JPG

DSC_0710.JPG

DSC_0712.JPG

The show was super funny as usual and they even switched it up a bit - it felt like a new show at times :)
Our last FP for the day was for Buzz (of course).
I present to you: TWO GALACTIC HEROES!
We never did stop, but we did slow down. My Mom actually got it before me - she was hitting a random target on the ceiling and did not even know she was getting points :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
I recognized the sound it was making (a big point target has a very distinct sound) and I was like Mom look how many points you have!
G1H4miY2QzOXXzxugSbpjA.jpg

DXxvHymDRfCHTHQi0+buZA.jpg

C0uGuxi6Q0+ZKdnYv2belg.jpg

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
558207426.jpeg

The Peoplemover was up next
8A907963-3BE1-4C3D-8A40-8296204CE888.JPG

DSC_0718.JPG

DSC_0719.JPG

It amazes me everytime to see how far they have come with Tron construction. Our trips aren't even that far apart and its insane how much changes.
DSC_0722.JPG

We did pick up a FP for Winnie the Pooh so we headed over there
DSC_0723.JPG

After this we figured we should head out of the park since the last MNSSHP was happening and it was after 4.
PP picture on the way out.
558122835.jpeg

Ok: so time for a little back story. As I mentioned in my last TR my sister had surgery about 3 weeks before this trip. While my Mom and I were in Rochester helping her and Max (my nephew) my Mom injured her back. It was some weird type of muscle strain from overdoing it probably, but it was pretty significant. It took her several days to even be able to move, but finally with the help of some steroids she felt better. Fast forward to this trip. I could tell her back was bothering her again. It was a combination of sitting on a plane, expo stuff and standing in quite a few lines that flared it up again. She was totally fine with walking but anytime we had to stand (like waiting for a bus) she had pain. Back in the room we started to get our stuff ready for the race. I said it to her multiple times this day that I did not think she could run because of all the standing we would have to do beforehand. I knew she would be fine actually running but before Run Disney events there is SO much standing. I think my Mom finally acknowledged this in the room. She felt awful, but was worried that if we ran she would be in more pain. I told her that I would rather skip the run and be able to enjoy our trip (instead of her being immobile). So, after a very long discussion with my sisters and my Mom's PT/my cousin we decided we would not run it. So - this is where the title comes in - we chose fun instead of run :joyfull: I know my Mom felt/and still feels awful about it. I could have done it myself but we trained together - I did not want to do it without her. Plus, after we decided I felt this huge weight lift off my shoulders. I was anxious, like I said, but I was way more anxious than usual because I was worried about her. So - since we did not have to go to bed at 7 pm we decided to stroll around the Boardwalk and find a cocktail :) (Oh, also we skipped Space Mt because we did not want that to hurt her back).
We ended up at AbracadaBar again
DA2XJtIdRySaNNFIT9o51w.jpg

We both (again) got the Conjurita
PvGW08eJT%Gx6AxwiW3U3g.jpg

Next up: finishing up the day

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
E4oxSfTXQ7++zoDpiOIX8w.jpg

ACifwQxNQsq9OZBPwxkc4Q.jpg

I just love this place. It's literally so cute inside
aeylWu8rRsq+OE3TnBh7RA.jpg

We ordered the Abra fries again - because - well, why not? We weren't running :hilarious:
aCjIDUPkSHC+2%iFvN7Yhg.jpg

Also- we got a free charcuterie plate because they made an extra 🤤
sWtaDhY1RJ2XtUd8tdwacg.jpg

Yum! Everything was great. I would be lying to you if I didn't say that we got a bit tipsy off that drink 🤪 I have no idea why but I would assume it was a combination of very strong alcohol mixed with barely any sleep the night before. So, enjoy our random drink induced photos😜
DSC_0726.JPG

fullsizeoutput_422e.jpeg

DSC_0728.JPG

DSC_0729.JPG

DSC_0730.JPG

Next up: more randomness

Disney Loving Swede

Oy...I thought I saw you guys at the Yacht Club bus stop when we were on our way back to the beach club. I pointed you out to my husband at least who looked at me like I was crazy. Can't wait to relive my trip through yours, we just got home tonight.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Oy...I thought I saw you guys at the Yacht Club bus stop when we were on our way back to the beach club. I pointed you out to my husband at least who looked at me like I was crazy. Can't wait to relive my trip through yours, we just got home tonight.

Awww sad you are home :( But that is funny!

eliza61nyc

Day 1 continued
Then we headed into the vendor part of the Expo to pick up our shirts
View attachment 424401
Then some random outside photos before heading out
View attachment 424402
View attachment 424403
View attachment 424404
View attachment 424405
View attachment 424406

We took the Expo bus back to the Yacht Club and decided we would ask to see if our room was ready. Well, the CM at the desk was like "oh your room JUST became available!" Hooray!
Up to the 3rd floor we went and --- our suitcases were in the room. So clearly it was not JUST available and they forgot to text me :hilarious:
Some room photos. Everything was so adorable!!! It was hard to adjust to the darkness of everything since the Beach Club is so bright, but in the end I preferred it.
View attachment 424407
View attachment 424408
View attachment 424409
Look how adorable this little bed light is :happy:
View attachment 424410

Next up: more room photos

the darker colors do take a minute to get use to. I love WL also but the first time we tried it out I was concern that it would be to "gloomy" with all the woods, blues and greens.
Beach club villas is my home resort so I definitely understand . glad you like the Yacht though

eliza61nyc

Day 1 continued
View attachment 424444
The Peoplemover was up next
View attachment 424445
View attachment 424446
View attachment 424447
It amazes me everytime to see how far they have come with Tron construction. Our trips aren't even that far apart and its insane how much changes.
View attachment 424448
We did pick up a FP for Winnie the Pooh so we headed over there
View attachment 424449
After this we figured we should head out of the park since the last MNSSHP was happening and it was after 4.
PP picture on the way out.
View attachment 424450
Ok: so time for a little back story. As I mentioned in my last TR my sister had surgery about 3 weeks before this trip. While my Mom and I were in Rochester helping her and Max (my nephew) my Mom injured her back. It was some weird type of muscle strain from overdoing it probably, but it was pretty significant. It took her several days to even be able to move, but finally with the help of some steroids she felt better. Fast forward to this trip. I could tell her back was bothering her again. It was a combination of sitting on a plane, expo stuff and standing in quite a few lines that flared it up again. She was totally fine with walking but anytime we had to stand (like waiting for a bus) she had pain. Back in the room we started to get our stuff ready for the race. I said it to her multiple times this day that I did not think she could run because of all the standing we would have to do beforehand. I knew she would be fine actually running but before Run Disney events there is SO much standing. I think my Mom finally acknowledged this in the room. She felt awful, but was worried that if we ran she would be in more pain. I told her that I would rather skip the run and be able to enjoy our trip (instead of her being immobile). So, after a very long discussion with my sisters and my Mom's PT/my cousin we decided we would not run it. So - this is where the title comes in - we chose fun instead of run :joyfull: I know my Mom felt/and still feels awful about it. I could have done it myself but we trained together - I did not want to do it without her. Plus, after we decided I felt this huge weight lift off my shoulders. I was anxious, like I said, but I was way more anxious than usual because I was worried about her. So - since we did not have to go to bed at 7 pm we decided to stroll around the Boardwalk and find a cocktail :) (Oh, also we skipped Space Mt because we did not want that to hurt her back).
We ended up at AbracadaBar again
View attachment 424451
We both (again) got the Conjurita
View attachment 424452

Next up: finishing up the day
aww, so sorry for your mom's pain. My older brother actually had to cancel our wdw family trip in August because he was having back surgery. He's 1000% better but still complains that we "owe" him a disney trip ;)
I'm not a runner but I'm glad you guys choose the safer path.
really enjoying your TR. thanks

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Following with interest! I could never run one of these events, so am really interested in it all. Thanks for the photos of the event center.

Thanks for following :)

the darker colors do take a minute to get use to. I love WL also but the first time we tried it out I was concern that it would be to "gloomy" with all the woods, blues and greens.
Beach club villas is my home resort so I definitely understand . glad you like the Yacht though

Funny - I never thought about the WL being so dark until you said that !

Doc Disney

Original Poster
aww, so sorry for your mom's pain. My older brother actually had to cancel our wdw family trip in August because he was having back surgery. He's 1000% better but still complains that we "owe" him a disney trip ;)
I'm not a runner but I'm glad you guys choose the safer path.
really enjoying your TR. thanks

Thanks for your kind words. Sounds like he owes you a Disney trip :joyfull: ;)

I'm following along!

Thanks for following !

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 November 2, 2019
We both woke up pretty early (like before 6:30) because we went to bed so early :hilarious: I did wake up at 3:30 and think about how grateful I was that I didn't have to get up to run :happy: :hilarious:
We had some croissants in the room that we got for before the race so headed downstairs to get some pop to bring back up to the room.
We ended up ordering some waffles instead :hilarious:
We did not take any pictures because I did not have a phone on me :)
I was able to (surprisingly) rearrange our Fast Passes and dining reservations for earlier in the day so we headed over to Magic Kingdom.
Is it Christmas or is it Halloween Magic Kingdom ?
DSC_0746.JPG

DSC_0748.JPG

558617461.jpeg

558617491.jpeg

It was so pretty to see all the decorations! I always wanted to see the transition from Halloween to Christmas so that was cool!
DSC_0749.JPG

DSC_0751.JPG

DSC_0755.JPG

IMG_7564.JPG

DSC_0756.JPG

DSC_0758.JPG

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
Our first FP was for POTC. I am SO bummed our ride photo did not show up - we were literally the only ones in the boat so we had the best pose!
g8GPYxE8Te+z6ZMUbzXFaQ.jpg

DSC_0783.JPG

Empty boat!
rgBrpmt%T0WOSoJRlD3IAw.jpg

Next up was IASW
LAoGyus0R+WV+loD5BZC1w.jpg

IMG_7536.jpg

DSC_0788.JPG

Under the Sea had a short wait so we decided to hop on!
MybLdbKvTcugH61YAOJYZQ.jpg

gD7pxANgS9CRFYm2XTxDhw.jpg

Next FP up was Space Mountain! I was happy to pick this one up pretty last minute - especially since we missed it the day before.
One of us purposely did not look at the camera and the other did not. Guess who :hilarious:
558758080.jpeg

558757797.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom