Trip Report **COMPLETED** Run or Fun?: Our Wine and Dine Trip

Hello everyone ! I have been back for a few days now so it's time to start my Trip Report :)

Who?
My Mom (Mary) and I (Megan)
IMG_6742.JPG

When?
November 1 - 5, 2019

Why?
Wine and Dine 10K

Where?
Yacht Club! Our first time staying there and spoiler alert - we LOVED it!

Day 1 November 1, 2019
We had an early flight again so we stayed at a hotel across from the airport. We got up at 3:20 am and got ready 😴
DSC_0657.JPG

DSC_0660.JPG

We got to the airport a few minutes before the Southwest Counter opened up so we made friends with some other people who were running this weekend :)
Then, we were quickly through check-in and security so we could grab some bagels to eat.
Xpy+L+owTMKQ1qjnjyj2OA.jpg

I was absolutely convinced that we would not get out of Buffalo. The weather was horrendous. Super high winds, sleet type rain, etc. So we nervously waited at the gate to see what would happen.
qmIX7Ka+R4WNQnVe306qhQ.jpg

11BBC408-D1DB-4AC3-9214-C397B1D247DB.JPG

I saw the pilots board the plane and knew we were good to go. Phew!!
Magic Band time :)
bAca+RjVT0ORYf1O7JN5+g.jpg

%PvhYl66RgO%6DN4eYbc6A.jpg

Soon enough we made it to Florida, off the plane and to the fonorail!
DSC_0663.JPG

DSC_0664.JPG

Next up: more arrival fun

BrerWayne

Day 4 continued
We walked into the building part of Rafiki's Planet Watch where they now have the drawing class.
We were not interested in waiting for the drawing class so we wandered around a bit.
We ended up running into the vet area and they were doing a CT scan on one of the sharks from The Seas. This shark had a gastric ulcer that they were watching and an ovarian cyst.
View attachment 427133
They are filming a National Geographic special on AK for Disney Plus - hence all the cameras. So cool!
View attachment 427134
View attachment 427135
View attachment 427136
View attachment 427137
View attachment 427138
This was beyond cool! It so was so interesting to hear everything the vet said and watch the whole procedure :)
Train ride back :)
View attachment 427141
View attachment 427142
View attachment 427143

Next up: more AK
That CT of the shark is so cool! Do you know if they had to sedate the shark at all for the scan? I realize that the container was pretty small but I am sure the shark would still be able to move around some>

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Day 4 continued
Instagram life ....
View attachment 428193
View attachment 428194
We still haven't ridden Smugglers Run - especially with my Mom's back we knew we would not be able to stand in line this time. Maybe someday :joyfull:
View attachment 428197
View attachment 428195
Our whole purpose was to go to Oga's Cantina finally.
Here we are in line. It is kind of weird how you check in. You stand in a long line outside and they check you in. You continue to wait in this line until they call you inside. It's like waiting for an exclusive club or something :happy:
View attachment 428196
We got to look at the menu while we waited
View attachment 428198
When we checked in we were told it was 90% standing and they asked if that was OK. In hindsight I wish we said no, but I was not sure what would happen if we did. Only because my Mom's back was really bothering her after all the standing we did inside and outside.
View attachment 428199
View attachment 428200
View attachment 428201
View attachment 428202

Next up: more Ogas

For the future,... if you ask for a table, you just have to wait longer. So she would have been standing a while longer outside just to sit inside and the trade off may not have been worth it. There are very few tables. When we requested one it was a long wait.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Yippee! We don’t need to make sad faces either since you will soon be back 😀

True :)

We used to love that place when it was The Captain's Grill restaurant but sadly with the new name and menu, we don't really see anything that entices us back. Your server and wait time experience seemed lackluster also. :( I can't believe you'll be back again in 4 weeks!!! I'll be down at WDW 12/7-12/12 so I'll probably just miss seeing you! Can't wait to read about another WDW adventure. :) Thanks for sharing with us!

Yea - it was weird. I am not sure we will go back. Makes sense why there are always so many reservations available. Thanks for reading ! We leave to come home on 12/8 actually!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
That CT of the shark is so cool! Do you know if they had to sedate the shark at all for the scan? I realize that the container was pretty small but I am sure the shark would still be able to move around some>

She was slightly sedated they said

For the future,... if you ask for a table, you just have to wait longer. So she would have been standing a while longer outside just to sit inside and the trade off may not have been worth it. There are very few tables. When we requested one it was a long wait.

We knew we could ask for one but standing inside vs standing outside waiting to sit wouldn't have made a difference for my Mom unless a table was ready right away :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom