Run Disney Medal Holder

Mad Stitch

Original Poster
I just found this in the Disney Store. Kind 'a ugly I think.

http://www.disneystore.com/rundisney-medal-holder/mp/1343171/1000387/

dreamfinder

Could have done so much more with that. Heck, even just diecutting the log out instead of bolting on a screen printed plexi would have been better.

Ariel484

Yeah, not a fan. I like this one better for going the Disney route but holy cow it's pricey...$70!! And it's pretty huge too I think:
Every_Mile_Is_Magic_(new)_30_x_11.jpg

(link)

Right now I have two of these in my living room...of course two of these is $80 so that makes the one above look like a better deal. :rolleyes: I didn't exactly love them when I bought them but I really didn't like any of the ones with quotes either (i.e. "Always Earned, Never Given," "Runner Girl," etc.) and these ones aren't too offensive or gigantic...they're 13" wide and 3" tall:
City_Female_12.jpg

(link)

Then after I bought mine I saw these...just plain hanging bars. I like these best of all because they really allow the focus to stay on the medals, as it should be. And they're cheap! The one above I have now is 13" across and $40...the 13" bar below is $10:
Single_Bars1.jpg

(link)

Someday I might throw my two city ones on eBay and get the plain bars. Who knows.

ETA: Yikes, the one on the Disney Store site is $60?! The Disney one I posted may be pricey but at least it's stainless steel!

Last edited:

JillC LI

I have a non-Disney one and for the life of me, what it says is escaping me now. Maybe, "Love To Run" or something like that.

bethram

I find curtain rods work well.

medals_zpscf29a05c.jpg

Is that a Gulf Coast Half bottle opener/medal I see on the right? If so, which one did you run? I just ran Pensacola Beach in April.

BTW, great idea. I've got two unused curtain rods right now, I think I will re-purpose them tonight.

geaux_half

Is that a Gulf Coast Half bottle opener/medal I see on the right? If so, which one did you run? I just ran Pensacola Beach in April.

BTW, great idea. I've got two unused curtain rods right now, I think I will re-purpose them tonight.

That is a Gulf Coast half bottle opener.....most useful medal that I've ever received!

The first one I ran was Louisiana Northshore in Mandeville in 2011. I ran Gulfshores and Pensacola Beach this year and will be running Mandeville again this Sunday for my 4th bottle opener.

I like the fact that the GCH series does encourage walkers by having an 18 minute mile pace time limit. Run Disney could remove alot of stress from their participants with an extra 2 minutes per mile allowed as well.

Mandyb4

I agree! I would love to have an "Official" Run Disney medal hanger, but I'm not loving the Design. I don't like the arm things that the medals hang off of. I thought the price was okay considering how much other hangers cost. But I did read a review on it from another blogger and it is actually quite small!

bethram

That is a Gulf Coast half bottle opener.....most useful medal that I've ever received!

The first one I ran was Louisiana Northshore in Mandeville in 2011. I ran Gulfshores and Pensacola Beach this year and will be running Mandeville again this Sunday for my 4th bottle opener.

I like the fact that the GCH series does encourage walkers by having an 18 minute mile pace time limit. Run Disney could remove alot of stress from their participants with an extra 2 minutes per mile allowed as well.

Good luck this weekend!

I'm pretty sure I'm going to register to run P'cola again in 2014.

Warrior Dash's 2013 medal was a bottle opener and we have definitely gotten a lot of use out of ours!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom