Rumors of classic attractions being closed?

disneyWX

Regardless of the article's validity, I think it's purpose is a poignant one that all of us Disney fans should take to heart - the fact that our WDW is changing, and not altogether for the better. I fully understand that times have changed since the park's inception, and that certain entertainment venues will be phased out to encourage new and continued patronage. I get that. However...what is Disney if not a tribute to the ideals of our youth and nostalgia while still looking forward to the future? Yes, I'm a huge advocate for the classics because to me, once a classic - always the potential to be. Outdated? Modernize it while still honoring the original concept. Is that always feasible - perhaps not, but with the disappearance of more and more original attractions, it would appear this approach is frequently discarded (if considered at all). I'm sorry but I don't accept the "too expensive" justification. Maybe if it wasn't coming from the largest media conglomerate across the globe...

I apologize if my comments read as negative - I really am saying them out of a place of concern for the company and its guests. Even though I don't agree with current operations, I'd like to think I'll always be a Disney enthusiast. I just wish the company would start to recognize, and respect this quality in us as well as return the gesture. :brick:

flavious27

I saw this article entitled 'WDW's Most Endangered Attractions' on the BBC Travel website today. Granted it reads like pure speculation, but there is a hint of a date on one of the attractions. Anyone else hear of anything along these lines?

http://www.bbc.com/travel/feature/2...rlds-most-endangered-attractions/1?OCID=twtvl

Just picking on some low hanging fruit and the thoughts of some bloggers. Sounds dangerous has been a seasonal attraction for almost decade now, or it atleast seems that way. UoE gobbles large crowds; and Ellen and Bill Nye are still well known to the public at large. Swiss family maybe rethemed into something else, but only if disney needs to spend the money on an attraction that costs close to nothing to run. Journey into has been such a sad attraction, that is just needs to be revamped into something else.

CoP is not going anywhere, but it is up for a renovation. I woulnd't be surprised that Apple creates their version of tomorrow as the last act.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I saw this article entitled 'WDW's Most Endangered Attractions' on the BBC Travel website today. Granted it reads like pure speculation, but there is a hint of a date on one of the attractions. Anyone else hear of anything along these lines?

http://www.bbc.com/travel/feature/2...rlds-most-endangered-attractions/1?OCID=twtvl

..major thread bump..

but this site was spot on with Snow White and Sounds Dangerous actually! Hopefully it won't become true for CBJ and CoP! ._.

Spike-in-Berlin

Well the author is not exactly an expert, is he?

"Snow White's Scary Adventures, Magic KingdomThis attraction, one of the last remaining from the Magic Kingdom’s opening four decades ago"

One of the last remaining attractions? Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Tiki Room, Swiss Family Treehouse, TL Speedway, It's a small World, Peter Pans Flight, Mad Tea Party, Country Bear Jamboree, FL Shooting Gallery, Riverboat on the ROA, Tom Sawyers Island, Hall of Presidents, Dumbos Flying Elephants (they are still there, only doubled at a different location), Carousel of Progress, WEDWay Peoplemover, Cinderellas Golden Carousel, doesn't sound like the "last remaing attractions" are exactly a small group.

Brian Swan

OK, I'm confused. This thread was from 2011 - how did it end up back on the top? And why? The article is so full of errors and non-Disney vocabulary it should have been ignored back in 2011 when it was written. The one thing I did get a laugh out of was the comment that the ride vehicles for the mine train would be roomier than the old Snow White vehicles...

threvester

"Snow White's Scary Adventures, Magic KingdomThis attraction, one of the last remaining from the Magic Kingdom’s opening four decades ago"

One of the last remaining attractions? Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Tiki Room, Swiss Family Treehouse, TL Speedway, It's a small World, Peter Pans Flight, Mad Tea Party, Country Bear Jamboree, FL Shooting Gallery, Riverboat on the ROA, Tom Sawyers Island, Hall of Presidents, Dumbos Flying Elephants (they are still there, only doubled at a different location), Carousel of Progress, WEDWay Peoplemover, Cinderellas Golden Carousel, doesn't sound like the "last remaing attractions" are exactly a small group.
actually...tom sawyer island, cop and peoplemover were not opening day attractions

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.

Perhaps the author meant...... Fantasyland's attractions?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom