Rumored incident at Disney Springs??

bhg469

If you have never been around a firearm being discharged, how do you imagine to be able to tell the difference? The uninitiated are an issue. How many people here have heard a round going past them in close proximity? I have, there is no sound like it in the world. A person that hasn't will not know to get their melon behind cover.
I definitely agree. Even if you don't want to be around a gun, you may be near one even if not by choice. Knowing the difference between some guns by appearence can be pretty important.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
It seems like the guests downstairs panicked. They couldn't see what was happening upstairs they just hear the commotion. I'm sure there was yelling, the news report said a table was knocked over. All it takes is one person hearing the commotion upstairs and freaking out screaming "shooter" or "gun" and running to get others to panic too. If you are outside the restaurant and bunch of people coming running out yelling about a shooter what would you do? I'm not waiting around to see if it's true or not I'm grabbing my kids and running for safety.

Sped2424

Twitter that shall not be named saying that guests are now returning and situation is under control.
Calling them that gives everyone less chances to avoid the source and debunk them as false rather than not bringing them attention. In short cite them and rightfully let others on here know they are bogus before we get threads started by members who don't know any better.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Calling them that gives everyone less chances to avoid the source and debunk them as false rather than not bringing them attention. In short cite them and rightfully let others on here know they are bogus before we get threads started by members who don't know any better.
It is likely an individual that the mods have asked not to be mentioned....

Victor Kelly

this is what paranoia creates and makes the normal worse.

its no different then the misinformation that happens in every live situation - but now everyone can watch the smallest issues and amplify it due to social media.

Same old @$%@$% - different day.

I don't always agree with you flynn, but on this I fully I agree with you.

TeriofTerror

I have personally done some target shooting. I live in the middle of a redneck BFE portion of Ohio, and I hear people shooting off guns a lot. I can tell you that in my neck of the woods, gunfire rarely consists of one shot, so its identity and location aren't too difficult to verify. If, however, there was a loud, sharp noise that only occurred once in an area where gunfire could potentially be a bigger problem than a bunch of drunken idiots during deer season, I can see how confusion might occur.
Also, the comments above about the unreliability of eyewitness accounts are entirely correct. No matter how intelligent or well-meaning a person may be, our memories are more faulty and easily influenced than most people realize.

bhg469

this is what paranoia creates and makes the normal worse.

its no different then the misinformation that happens in every live situation - but now everyone can watch the smallest issues and amplify it due to social media.

Same old @$%@$% - different day.
I don't even think it's just social media anymore. Mainstream journalists are so quick to top everyone else they report anything and everything just to beat the other guy. It seems that accountability is no longer something they are concerned about.

I do think social media makes it worse but no one seems to have any integrity these days.

bethymouse

If you have never been around a firearm being discharged, how do you imagine to be able to tell the difference? The uninitiated are an issue. How many people here have heard a round going past them in close proximity? I have, there is no sound like it in the world. A person that hasn't will not know to get their melon behind cover.
We had the police do a demonstration at our school regarding the sound of gun fire. We couldn't tell the difference between a drop of a textbook, and a gun! It was scary! The shotgun made the loudest and most recognizable noise.:eek:

Victor Kelly

We had the police do a demonstration at our school regarding the sound of gun fire. We couldn't tell the difference between a drop of a textbook, and a gun! It was scary! The shotgun made the loudest and most recognizable noise.:eek:

Police discharged firearms inside a school? What about that does not sound right?

s8film40

Police discharged firearms inside a school? What about that does not sound right?
Doesn't say specifically it was inside, and no part of that does not sound right to me. If they can help educate the people in a school how to identify when a bad situation is taking place it could potentially save lives.

Victor Kelly

you people are sniffing too much fairy dust here. Dropping a book outside would not resemble a gunshot. Therefore it must be inside, logic would suggest that. No police department would discharge firearms inside or outside a school, live rounds or blanks. I call BS.

s8film40

you people are sniffing too much fairy dust here. Dropping a book outside would not resemble a gunshot. Therefore it must be inside, logic would suggest that. No police department would discharge firearms inside or outside a school, live rounds or blanks. I call BS.
Well I agree the purpose would really be to know what it sounds like echoing inside the hallways, rooms etc. I suppose they could have used blanks?

bethymouse

No students were present. It was a demonstration to give teachers a "heads up" so to speak on what it would sound like if we were in a lock down situation ( shooter inside building). It was a teacher training day. You did not need to participate if you felt uncomfortable, and of course they fired blanks. It was an eye opening experience really, and a bit scary. Some teachers got emotional realizing the "reality" of the situation.:(

bethymouse

Well I agree the purpose would really be to know what it sounds like echoing inside the hallways, rooms etc. I suppose they could have used blanks?
Yes. It was blanks. But, if you've never heard a shotgun versus a 45 in a school hallway, it is truly "eye opening". The shotgun was the loudest, but you could barely hear the 45, and it sounded like just a book dropping in the hallway!:(

bethymouse

It is not BS. This was also used to practice what you might do during a school lockdown with an active shooter inside the building!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom