Rumored incident at Disney Springs??

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Those 15 groups that didn't return to pay their bill should be ashamed of themselves....

Those 15 groups that didn't return to pay their bill should be ashamed of themselves....

We don't know what happened after they ran out thinking there was a shooter. They could have went straight to a vehicle and drove away, never learning that there wasn't and active shooter. Hopefully some of them will return and pay.

draybook

We don't know what happened after they ran out thinking there was a shooter. They could have went straight to a vehicle and drove away, never learning that there wasn't and active shooter. Hopefully some of them will return and pay.

Well, I would hope that they would be smart enough to watch the news, read a newspaper, or something equivalent to paying attention and they would have known pretty quickly. I'm sure some of them are probably in the midst of trying to pay, but I'm sure that some will use the "event" as an excuse for a free meal.

s8film40

Well, I would hope that they would be smart enough to watch the news, read a newspaper, or something equivalent to paying attention and they would have known pretty quickly. I'm sure some of them are probably in the midst of trying to pay, but I'm sure that some will use the "event" as an excuse for a free meal.
I've always kind of wondered what happens in these situations where a restaurant is evacuated. If I were finished with a meal certainly the right thing to do would be to return and pay. What would be the correct thing to do if you were say half finished or had just had appetizers?

Nubs70

I've always kind of wondered what happens in these situations where a restaurant is evacuated. If I were finished with a meal certainly the right thing to do would be to return and pay. What would be the correct thing to do if you were say half finished or had just had appetizers?
Offer to pay for the fraction of the meal you consumed.

Victor Kelly

images

Victor Kelly

This is the very reason eye witness testimony is tossed out in court. Nobody knows what happened, or who or when or even where. That is why I don't trust any info for days.

s8film40

Offer to pay for the fraction of the meal you consumed.
Most restaurants aren't set up to put partial entrees on a check. However as @Nick_A said I wouldn't be surprised if they just comped it to avoid the hassle, but I would want to make sure the server was taken care of. On the plus side perhaps when this guy is done dealing with the battery charge in court the restaurant can go after him for the lost revenue due to the disruption of their business.

Adam N

How do we get from a 70 year old man losing his spit to Shots fired?
My guess is people running away caused people to assume that's what happened and panic spread.

Or you can go conspiracy theory and when there's smoke there's fire and Disney/OCPD is covering something up. Which I don't believe, since I was there.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I still don't understand how a table hitting the ground can be confused for gun shots, other than the aforementioned idea that people were on edge to begin with and any little thing would cause a panic.

bhg469

If that's the case you'd have to put me in that category, as I've never been around a fired weapon, nor do I particularly care to.

However, I imagine I would be able to tell the difference between a gun being fired and a table hitting the floor.
If you're indoors you definitely can tell. Even with ear protection, there is noise but the pressure is what really gives it away. Outdoors... unless someone is using a really large round, most people probably wouldn't notice a difference.

s8film40

People are so afraid of guns they never have taken the opportunity to be around one firing?
It's probably this plus the power of suggestion.

If someone fired a gun in the MK around fireworks time many guests would simply think, "ooh the fireworks must be starting". In this case many of these guests have spent the past few days going into the parks seeing metal detectors. Making the obvious assumption from recent news events that these are in response to recent shootings it is safe to assume they are looking for and/or expect a similar shooting at Disney. Then when some guests hear a disturbance and some bangs coupled with the fact they may not actually know what a gun shot sounds like they very easily jump to the conclusion that a shooting is taking place. Meanwhile the guests running from this event shouting that there is a shooting taking place convince more guests of this event and a chain reaction is started.

Victor Kelly

If you have never been around a firearm being discharged, how do you imagine to be able to tell the difference? The uninitiated are an issue. How many people here have heard a round going past them in close proximity? I have, there is no sound like it in the world. A person that hasn't will not know to get their melon behind cover.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom